Breaking News >> Former First Lady Betty Ford (1918-2011)

jdcnow

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
From ABC News...

Betty Ford, wife of former President Gerald Ford and the founder of the Betty Ford Center for substance abuse and addiction, has died at age 93.
In public, she was one of the most visible and outspoken first ladies in history. In private, she triumphed over serious personal adversity.
She was married to Gerald Ford for 58 years. Shortly after becoming president in 1974, Ford said, "I am indebted to no man and to only one woman, my dear wife."

RIP, Mrs. Ford. And thank you for the vital difference you single-handedly made in this life.

Last edited:

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How very sad. i had no idea she was such a moving force in the world. wish there were more like her. thank, Betty Ford, you've earned a good rest.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Kind of the end of an era. Back in the Ford's days, Republicans and Democrats were still friends. They'd be drummed out of the party these days. Mrs. Ford was an feminist, a ardent supporter of the ERA, pro-choice (as was Jerry), a cancer survivor who raised awareness of breast cancer at a time when it was just not talked about, and a recovered addict who went on to found one of the premier treatment centers in the US.

Interestingly, Rosalynn Carter will deliver the eulogy.

On a side note, the scum from the Westboro Bapist Church plan on picketing the service.