Breast Implants

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I STRONGLY oppose my girlfriend getting breast implants and here's why.
My affection towards her was not originated from her breasts, I love her for who she is and a size difference will not change it. If she wants to do it for me then she should know that size is nothing in comparison to her other aspects that I treasure the most, which should be enough to forestall the implant thoughts of hers.

va_lk_yr_ie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An alternate point of view. If she wants to get them because she herself is not satisfied with the current proportions of her body and would feel better with implants than without - why should you oppose it?

It's not a choice to be made lightly - and one that ultimately has to be made for herself, by herself. Not for her boyfriend, not for the outside world because she 'thinks' she needs to conform to an ideal, not because her friends are doing it - solely for herself because she would feel better about it afterwards.

That was my own reasoning nine years ago when I was implanted and I've not regretted it one single moment. It was not because my then current partner wanted it (even though he loved them), not because 'others' had them, not because it was a fashionable thing to do. Just because I wasn't satisfied with my breasts in correlation to the rest of my body - and implants were for me the answer.

True that they aren't for everyone and that it is a major decision to make - but in my world it is a decision for the woman - ideally in conversation and agreement with her partner - but ultimately her decision.

les123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If she wants them then it's her choice. Let her do it if it's for her own self esteem. Never stop her you will regret it in many ways. Firstly cause she'll allways say - I should have done it and secondly... you will miss out on the bset thing ever

My affection towards her was not originated from her breasts, I love her for who she is and a size difference will not change it. If she wants to do it for me then she should know that size is nothing in comparison to her other aspects that I treasure the most, which should be enough to forestall the implant thoughts of hers.

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes but shouldn't my concerns and compliments to her body ENOUGH for her self-esteem? If my gf/wife tells me that my penis is big enough or something to that extend, then it is good enough for me.

"Firstly cause she'll allways say - I should have done it and secondly"
That is not the case if I'm 100% satisfied and think she should be proud of her body.

"Just because I wasn't satisfied with my breasts in correlation to the rest of my body "
Ya but if your bf is satisfied, consider that if you loved him and he loved you, shouldn't that be enough for your self esteem?

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm really scared for her health. I have read/seen numerous implant documentaries and am frightened by them.

The thing I'm skeptical about is that why aren't my compliments enough for her to feel good about herself?

I feel guilty of unable to satisfying her emotionally.

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see what you mean but being in love is different than the child-mother relationship. If I'm with my girlfriend, her opponion is the only one that matters? Why? Becuase I'm in love with her, and not anyone else.

It's like being mad becuase someone called you ugly. If I don't know or care about the person then the same goes to hes/her comments.

Plus it's not like I'm being "nice" to her just becuase she's my girlfriend. I'm telling the truth and that should be enough for her.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm really scared for her health. I have read/seen numerous implant documentaries and am frightened by them. I have probably seen the same frightening information on television and the internet which you have you have; and truthfully that is the only reason I don't have breast implants now.

The thing I'm skeptical about is that why aren't my compliments enough for her to feel good about herself?Seriously?!?! ROTFLMAO Because it's not about you, it's about her.
You have no control over her self-esteem. She had low self-esteem regarding her breast size long before she met you and she will have this issue long after you are gone . . . unless of course she gets the implants.

I feel guilty of being unable to satisfy her emotionally.
Why?!? :confused: That's not your responsibility.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I'm with my girlfriend, her opinion is the only one that matters? Why? Becuase I'm in love with her, and not anyone else.
Actually HER opinion is the only one that matters. Not yours, because it's not your body.
It's like being mad becuase someone called you ugly. If I don't know or care about the person then the same goes to his/her comments. What??

Plus it's not like I'm being "nice" to her just becuase she's my girlfriend. I'm telling the truth and that should be enough for her.
You are starting to sound a bit like a control freak. Just because you tell the truth that makes it okay. Do you pick out her clothes and tell her how to vote also?

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If that's not my responsibility than what is? If I'm only able to physically satisfy her and we are still together doesn't that lable her as being shallow to only the physical?

I can only speak for myself when I say this but if my girlfriend says that my penis is big enough, that would give a huge boost to my self esteem.

Nobody has control over their own self esteem, it's the comments/stereotypes/society norms that help shape one's self esteem. Right?

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You just aren't getting it are you?

This isn't about you, and your opinion isn't the only one that matters, HERS is.

She cares about what you think, but it does not over ride what she thinks, its as simple as that.

This isn't an issue of love between you and her, its an issue between her and her body, this is all about her.

If you can't understand that, then there is little hope of getting through this in one piece, as harsh as that may sound. If you truely do love her, then you'd stop seeing this as being about her not respecting your opinion and realise that her opinion is the only one that matters.

Okay, I guess I could never understand.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think with some people even though many may think they look good the way they are it still might not change the way they feel about their own looks. I think what Kotchanski is saying is that she wants her body to look a certain way and if it doesn't she is not happy enough with it. I'm sure she is glad you like it the way it is but she probably wants both of you to be happy with it and not just you. That's as clear as I would be able to make it.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My wife made the choice to get implants after breast feeding 2 children, and seeing a lot of damage in shape and symmetry to her breasts from an otherwise positive, life changing experience. I supported her decision, supported her through the recovery, and she's really happy with the results. It's pretty selfish to think that YOUR opinion is the only one that holds water in a relationship, and it's also possessive. What if she thinks her rear end is large and she wants to join a gym and tone up a little. Would she have to run that decision by you also, since it involves altering her physique beyond your current state of approval?

She will factor your opinion into her final decision if she loves you, but ultimately you need to let her be happy in her own skin.

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NONONO working out becuase the butt is too big is a completly different issue compared to baving breast implants.

There's no DANGER to working out, however it can't be said to implants.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you should have a serious talk with her about it, make sure she knows about all the risks and how painful recovery may be and all of that and if she thinks it is worth it and still wants to do it I think you should support her decision. I think that would show you respect her wishes and you truly care about her feelings. If you did that for her I'm sure it would mean a lot more to her than telling her that her breasts are fine the way they are. You may end up liking them more after the surgery if she does get them.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NONONO working out becuase the butt is too big is a completly different issue compared to baving breast implants.

There's no DANGER to working out, however it can't be said to implants.

????? I'm guessing that you haven't done an abundance or research on the procedure, nor have you consulted with professionals in the field. The risks of complications are statistically low, and many of the complications that can arise from the procedure are cosmetic, not health related. If you get a reputable surgeon with a long referral list you even further cut the risk of any unwanted results.

I find it humorous that in your first two posts on the issue you didn't even mention the health risks, but once you were battered with negative feedback, you switch health risks to your major focus. It's HER risk, not yours, so SHE will have to use that as another item that factors into her decision. Similar to how she can decide for HERSELF whether or not to risk lung cancer by smoking, or whether to risk coronary disease or diabetes through poor diet choices.

flaming infinity

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, basically, like everyone else has said, it's her decision. I'm sure she knows that you like her body, but she might not like it herself. No matter what, everyone is in a relationship with their own self all the time. Having big tits might be important to her enjoying her own body. Of course, it could also make her feel more attractive to other people. Just because you're her boyfriend doesn't mean she doesn't like attention from other people, too. Of course, getting attention from other people might be a little more important. You love her and, therefore, are biased. If people who don't still think she's beautiful, then, it'll be harder to deny to herself. :wink:

Assuming that she is about your age, getting implants to please a boyfriend at this point would seem somewhat shortsighted, since statistically speaking you are unlikely to be life-long parters.

Let's say for a minute that you have a 3 inch dick, and implants to make it 6 or 8 or 9 were as easy as breast implants. Would you get a "cock implant" just for her? What if she told you that yours was fine? Would you do it anyway.

Tits or cock are attached to those we love. If we love them just because they're hung or busty the relationship will not last.

Let her make her own decision.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All I can say is Bravo everyone. Breast implants, while not to be considered lightly, are not considered " risky"

Her body, her choice. Self esteem and bodies issues will not be fixed with a " you look great honey" comment. It goes way deeper than that ( and yes there is a whole other debate on this)

I had my surgery, almost against the strong wishes of my wonderful husband of nearly 20 years!!! He is now the biggest advocate for promoting women to do something about it if their breasts are holding them back....he saw the huge change in me once my tits were returned to normal.

x

Honey

op135

Just Browsing
Media
let her do what she wants; you can't really stop her. there are plenty of women out there--she is a girlfriend. if you two aren't very serious about furthering your relationship, i would say go your own separate ways because it seems like you two can't come to an agreement and this might hold true for future situations also.