Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Have any of you felt a breast lump and had it checked out? I've felt a painful lump in my right breast for a while (months). I went in for a thorough breast exam and mammogram on Monday. The doctor noted feeling a 2nd small lumps on the right breast. They said I would need an ultrasound on my right breast to see more and determine if they are benign. I received a phone call yesterday from the radiologist that said they discovered 2 more lumps in the left breast. Now I get an ultrasound on both breasts next Wednesday to see what's going on.

I'm trying my absolute hardest to not freak out but that's so difficult. I need some hugs today.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
3374930a0df09725c88522c64a67dbb7.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hugs

Hugs, sistah.

My only advice is to trust your gut. My neighbor is a 3x cancer survivor. (Thyroid, skin and breast) She felt something was wrong and the doctors repeatedly told her not to worry. She went to get a 2nd opinion and they found she had one of the hardest types to diagnose/find... and would have killed her. She opted for double mastectomy and now has her dream tit-tays. (She was an A cup)

I also know a woman who was a older when they found a small lump. They recommend mastectomy, radiation, chemo. After seeing her husband be miserable with his cancer treatment, she decided to wait, enjoy her life and have it checked in 6 months and see if it grew. 3 years later and it's the same size.

I will encourage all the ladies of LPSG to learn about Inflammatory Breast Cancer. It's no joke. If you have IBC, early treatment is critical because it's terribly aggressive. No lumps so it's imperative you know the signs.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes, try not to freak out.
I had a scare this christmas but it was just a benign cyst.
I know firsthand that waiting for the ultrasound is going to be hell no matter what people here post, but most lumps are non-cancerous.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have fibrocystic breast disease. I've had multiple lumps in my breasts most of my life.
because of this, i started getting mammograms at a much earlier age than most women. for my own peace of mind.
each monthly breast exam, i feel something, but i have kind of learned what is "normal" for me

bare in mind that 8 out of 10 are absolutely nothing, Ms Tattooed
also, women post-hysterectomy often develop FCD.
the lumps can range from soft and painful to dense and painless.
caffeine can increase the symptoms of FCD.

i will keep you in good thoughts until ya results come back
*hugs on the Inked One*

Good thoughts/energy sent your way. When doing self-exams before (and still) it's way easy to freak myself out. I have I guess somewhat.. fibrous feeling breast tissue if you palpate it hard. Casual touch they just feel like regular titties. I always kinda feel like there are lumps, but when I've had a doc check, they said things were fine. Hopefully the next week passes swiftly and you get rapid confirmation that things are benign.

Many hugs for ya

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, Sweetie, I just had a tremendous flashback. A few years ago I found a lump in my left breast. I know what you are going through. I could not wait until I saw my doctor. I didn't sleep that night at all, and I imagined the worst. I thought my life was over at 39.

The doctor found another one in in the same breast. I freaked out some more. I couldn't believe I didn't feel that one. Then I couldn't wait for a mammogram and ultrasound. It turned out to be a benign cysts that were drained. They were totally removed when I had mammoplasty reduction. The only problem with draining is that they could always return. I was given the option to remove them, but if I remember it would have involved a lumpectomy, and I was afraid of scarring. But had I known what plastic surgeons could do I probably would have opted for it.

Sending good thoughts!

<HUGS>

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have any of you felt a breast lump and had it checked out? I've felt a painful lump in my right breast for a while (months). I went in for a thorough breast exam and mammogram on Monday. The doctor noted feeling a 2nd small lumps on the right breast. They said I would need an ultrasound on my right breast to see more and determine if they are benign. I received a phone call yesterday from the radiologist that said they discovered 2 more lumps in the left breast. Now I get an ultrasound on both breasts next Wednesday to see what's going on.

I'm trying my absolute hardest to not freak out but that's so difficult. I need some hugs today.
Hey, Lady. Here's the thing. There's nothing to worry about until there is something to worry about. There may never be something to worry about.

There may never be something to worry about.

THERE MAY NEVER BE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT. Ever.

Last year I had an abnormal pap smear. I had a moment of panic. I imagined the end of my reproductive system. I imagined no longer having the option to reproduce. I imagined cancer, warts, some stupid strain of HPV. And then I realized all of those things were in some future timeline I might never walk through. I realized I could get hit by a recycling truck on my way to the clinic and never even hear the results. So. What I knew I did have was a period of time until I would have answers. And thpse days could someday be the very last of the days BEFORE. And the rest of my life, however long that was going to be, might soon be the AFTER. So I decided to stick to lessons I had learned from mindfulness meditation. I decided to be present. I lived in each moment. And in those moments, for that period of days or weeks, because there was no certainty that anything was wrong, nothing was wrong. While all around me the close friends I had told freaked out, I remained calm and happy. And then you know what? Nothing was wrong. My vajeen and I were fine.

You and your tits are great. May y'all always be. Stay in the present. Leave the future where it is.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
TG--

HUGS and more HUGS to you. Lots of LPGRers have already weighed in with their support; please know that I am among the many of your fans and send you good thoughts. Try and stay positive (not always easy), but know that we are here when you need us.

Having been there myself and also through three separate cancers (and resultant treatments) with my husband, sometimes life just sucks. We coped by surrounding ourselves with positive, compassionate folks who were there when we needed them. It was key to maintaining and keeping our sanity in check.

As far as this site, to paraphrase Dr. Frasier Crane, "We're listening". Call upon us anytime; we're here for you! I wish you nothing but the absolute best as you rise up and meet this life challenge.

Even more HUGS to you!

MisterB

Shackleford

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Big hugs for you, TG. I obviously hope it's nothing serious.

My mom once got as far as having a biopsy done, and wifey had a scare a few years back that just turned out to be an infection, so while I have not at all walked in your shoes, I realize how nerve-wracking the situation can be. I hate you're having to wait that long to get the US. Hang in!

Reactions: BetterFuture