Breast Size

longtimelurker: [quote author=Amberlynn link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=0#19 date=09/20/03 at 11:46:09]Hmm. Im skeptical lurker!

In those same countries, there are probably vast differences in diet and activities, as well as genetic background, compared with those countries who wear bras on average.[/quote]

Granted, yes. But I'm sure that they also looked at rates before and after their use became widespread. Admittedly, again diet and activity were different back then (mmmm, lard).

Of course, this is recalling from memory from several years ago.

gigantikok: [quote author=longtimelurker link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=0#18 date=09/20/03 at 09:19:02]Anyway, it was talking about how breast cancer is only a problem in countries where it is normal to wear a bra - in countries where the women are allowed to 'hang free' it is a practically unheard-of problem. I think it was something to do about restricting blood-flow.[/quote]
I think it's a trade off. Either risking having breast cancer, or having your boobs sag to your knees before you are 30...

longtimelurker: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#21 date=09/20/03 at 12:46:34]
I think it's a trade off.  Either risking having breast cancer, or having your boobs sag to your knees before you are 30...[/quote]

Now, do you think we'd have similar things with underpants? I can imagine several people wishing their penis would sag to their knees by 30! :)

Valkyrie: 32 G/H (70 G/H in European standards and I think 90 G/H in French standards (the French are always a bit different from the rest of us...)) depending on the cut and the brand.

A bit hard to find in other than specialty stores because of the rather unusual combination of small band/large cup...

/Valkyrie

Domo: [quote author=Valkyrie link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#23 date=09/22/03 at 07:27:10]32 G/H (70 G/H in European standards and I think 90 G/H in French standards (the French are always a bit different from the rest of us...)) depending on the cut and the brand.

A bit hard to find in other than specialty stores because of the rather unusual combination of small band/large cup...

/Valkyrie[/quote]

Geez, that's indeed a very unusual combination. But I like the idea behind it. :D Maybe we can chat some time of you want. Please let me know! :)

gigantikok: [quote author=Valkyrie link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#23 date=09/22/03 at 07:27:10]
A bit hard to find in other than specialty stores because of the rather unusual combination of small band/large cup...[/quote]
But doesn't the band really only have to do with the size and circumference of the back and not really the cup itself? Isnt that why overweight, busty women are always 42DD or something? I've never heard of a model with a 42DD. It is usually 34 or 36. Oh well, I don't really know THAT much about bras.

WAHOOWAH: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#25 date=09/22/03 at 13:14:36]
But doesn't the band really only have to do with the size and circumference of the back and not really the cup itself?  Isnt that why overweight, busty women are always 42DD or something?  I've never heard of a model with a 42DD.  It is usually 34 or 36.  Oh well, I don't really know THAT much about bras.[/quote]

from the little i know i think that measures right around the chest right below the breasts --

and then u measure the breasts and use some calculus with multiple variables and somehow u get a size.....

7x6andchg: That was my understanding, too, WAHOOWAH...that the number was a chest circumference measurement and the cup dealt with the number of inches above said measurement that the lady's endowments were... ???

Are we wrong, ladies?

7x6&C

7x6andchg: One of the things I find fascinating is that a woman can actually BE 26" around her frame...I've never been less than 42" even when I was at my minimum full grown weight. Ah, the differences...they are what makes the world go round, eh?

7x6&C

Valkyrie: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#28 date=09/22/03 at 18:16:10]No, Paul, you're right. Pretty much. Sort of. Check this out.
http://www.bustbuilder.com/newhowtomeasurebust.htm

;)[/quote]

Yep, the basic method is right. However - to get the best possible fit you should only add 2" to your ribcage measurement - the rest still stands, i.e. the difference between the band and the bust gives the cup size.

The 5" added is wrong, wrong, wrong - especially for a woman like myself with above average size. With only 2" added you get a snugger fit around the ribcage. The band of a properly fitted bra should be level all the way around your ribcage - the lower part should be slightly below your breast crease all the way around. It's this part that give you the support needed - the cups and shoulder straps are only there to keep everything in place - they are not supporting your bust.

With 5" added you'll have the band riding up in the back, you have to tighten the straps to keep everything in place and you end up spilling out of your bra and with grooves in your shoulders. Not comfortable, back aches for sure and not a pretty sight. Unfortunately this is what most women are taught and why most women wear the wrong size bra (unless they have the good fortune like myself of finding a proper fitter that gave me the right instructions). There is a world of difference in having the right size vs. something just sitting there uncomfortably...

/Valkyrie

7x6andchg: Valkyrie-

Sounds like something else we might discuss on this board from time to time..... :D

7x6&C

Domo: -Valkyrie

Too bad, you didn't answer to my proposal a few posts earlier. Or does no reaction mean no with you ;)

Cu around !

Valkyrie: Domo - I did see your post earlier in this thread.

I do enjoy talking to people on the net - through messageboards, mail, chat - but the impression I got from your post was that the interest in contact was primarily based on a post I did about my chest size.

As has been pointed out by several of the men on this site - they are more than the size of their penises - likewise - I am more than just a large pair of breasts attached to a body.

For the time being I'm not actively pursuing any new short-term relations - if that was not your intention - please forgive me for jumping to conclusions...

/Val

Domo: [quote author=Valkyrie link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#33 date=09/24/03 at 07:32:16]
For the time being I'm not actively pursuing any new short-term relations - if that was not your intention - please forgive me for jumping to conclusions...

/Val[/quote]

Valkyrie, that wasn't my intention at all. Sorry if I made it look like that. I read some other posts of you on LPSG and found them interesting. As a result, I would like to chat with you sometimes.

I would lie to you if I said I wasn't impressed by your breast size, but that was not the main reason. Yes, it drew my attention, but you're used to that I guess.

Hoping to have cleared some things up right now, i'm looking forward to you reaction. :)

captainstupid: valykeri i am also not looking for short term relationship.

boob size by the way isnt that important to me, boobs are boobs dont matter the size

gigantikok: [quote author=Valkyrie link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#33 date=09/24/03 at 07:32:16]Domo - I did see your post earlier in this thread.

I do enjoy talking to people on the net - through messageboards, mail, chat - but the impression I got from your post was that the interest in contact was primarily based on a post I did about my chest size.

As has been pointed out by several of the men on this site - they are more than the size of their penises - likewise - I am more than just a large pair of breasts attached to a body.

/Val[/quote]
But at the same time, i don't think it is fair to ignore people because you don't trust their intentions.  Alot of people just want to get to know you because you are new to the board. Just because you mentioned your breast size doesn't mean suddenly anyone who IMs you asking to chat with you is only interested in your boobies.  You ignored my request to chat in private as well, and mine was hardly based on any interest in your breasts.  Hell, I'm taken.  Next time, though, I suggest responding to people to clear that up.  It isn't nearly as rude, either.

Valkyrie: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#36 date=09/25/03 at 17:38:35]
But at the same time, i don't think it is fair to ignore people because you don't trust their intentions.  Alot of people just want to get to know you because you are new to the board.  Just because you mentioned your breast size doesn't mean suddenly anyone who IMs you asking to chat with you is only interested in your boobies.  You ignored my request to chat in private as well, and mine was hardly based on any interest in your breasts.  Hell, I'm taken.  Next time, though, I suggest responding to people to clear that up.  It isn't nearly as rude, either.
[/quote]

Quite true and point taken. There is however a small problem of time difference as well - since I'm in Europe I'm usually online when you guys are asleep - making chatting a bit difficult at times.

Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings - apologizing if I have...

/Val

gigantikok: [quote author=Valkyrie link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#37 date=09/26/03 at 01:22:33]

Quite true and point taken. There is however a small problem of time difference as well - since I'm in Europe I'm usually online when you guys are asleep - making chatting a bit difficult at times.

/Val[/quote]
We're both online right now. No big whoop. Honestly though, apology accepted.

Domo: [quote author=Valkyrie link=board=women;num=1063629303;start=20#37 date=09/26/03 at 01:22:33]

There is however a small problem of time difference as well - since I'm in Europe I'm usually online when you guys are asleep - making chatting a bit difficult at times.

/Val[/quote]

We are both from Europe (I'm form the Netherlands and you're from Scandinavia). Wasn't my intention to make it a discussion like this.

Your apologies are accepted and I offer mine as well. Hope you accept them too. If you still wanna chat with me some time, I'm still open for it. Decide yourself.

:) Domo