100% Gay, 0% Straight
please get rid of BREXSHIT
the poms are going to have it fucking the world up for 100 years plus
- because they can @ meto duh
f'n gone beyond a joke,sick of there pissing around

Could Thatcher’s ghost sort out Brexit?
15th April 2019
thatcher425.jpg

MARGARET Thatcher is now long dead but what if her spirit was contacted during a séance on a wet weekday afternoon in a parlour in Surrey?

The Irish Back Stop
Seance organsier, Emma Bradford said: “We believe that Maggie’s spirit moved the glass on the table to signify that The Irish Back Stop problem could be solved by invading a far away country and destabilising the industries and infrastructure of many major towns.”

Freedom of Movement

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NEED a her
to sort the current politicians out and behead more than a few of them procrastinating bastards
like the Aussies cant/wont make a F'kn decision
end up the Euros will do so for them come when is it october

The True Story of Mary, Queen of Scots, and Elizabeth I
Josie Rourke’s film sees Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie transform from allies into rivals, but in actuality, the queens’ relationship was far more complex
image: https://thumbs-prod.si-cdn.com/xYlv...4c5c8fd-5329-4b44-876e-4fa4b09dd7df/2000.jpeg

2000.jpeg

As biographer Antonia Fraser explains, Mary’s story is one of “murder, sex, pathos, religion and unsuitable lovers" (Liam Daniel/Focus Features)
By Meilan Solly
smithsonian.com
December 6, 2018

Read more: The True Story of Mary, Queen of Scots, and Elizabeth I | History | Smithsonian

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It seems the government has cocked up the EU elections. Because it had planned not to hold them, letters did not go out in advance reminding EU citizens they were eligible to vote, but had to register. Seems some 2 million people might be affected.

Interested parties have now announced they will launch a legal challenge against the result unless this is rectified somehow. the suggested remedy is to extend the time allowed to register, because otherwise they were only given 2 weeks to do so.
Government faces legal challenge amid concerns EU citizens could lose right to vote in European elections

Reactions: g0nz0

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting Idea.
The UK should go back to the EU and present a plan - if this load of so called politicians could actually agree on what they want - and present to as a way forward.
If the EU were to refuse - a solution to the back stop - then all the UK has to do is refuse to hold EU elections
therefore making the entire EU null and void as all countries in the EU have to vote at the same time..

But as the politicians don't have balls, courage or any convictions for a way out of the mess they've ALL created don't hold your breath.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting Idea.
The UK should go back to the EU and present a plan - if this load of so called politicians could actually agree on what they want - and present to as a way forward..
Excellent idea. the snag is that parliament does have an agreed position. They want to stay in the Eu, and they believe the Uk is better off if we stay in the EU.

In particular there is no good way forward for the conservatives. Their plan was to pretend to be the party of Brexit and so hold a referendum. But then for remain to win the referendum, and they could then continue to be the party of brexit forever,with leavers always voting for them but we would never leave. Brilliant.

If we do leave and it is a success, then there is no longer any reason for leavers to support the government to try to bring this about. They lose these voters if they deliver brexit.

If they deliver a brexit which is an economic disaster, they end up alienating both leave and remain voters. Remainers would just say they always knew it was a bad idea, and leavers would say conservtives are simply unfit to govern and cocked it up.

If they do not deliver brexit, but instead remain, they alienate leavers.

In other words, whatever happens they will lose the support of leave voters. There is little choice for them except to make sure we remain and then win back the remain voters who used to vote conservtive.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Excellent idea. the snag is that parliament does have an agreed position. They want to stay in the Eu, and they believe the Uk is better off if we stay in the EU.

In particular there is no good way forward for the conservatives. Their plan was to pretend to be the party of Brexit and so hold a referendum. But then for remain to win the referendum, and they could then continue to be the party of brexit forever,with leavers always voting for them but we would never leave. Brilliant.

If we do leave and it is a success, then there is no longer any reason for leavers to support the government to try to bring this about. They lose these voters if they deliver brexit.

If they deliver a brexit which is an economic disaster, they end up alienating both leave and remain voters. Remainers would just say they always knew it was a bad idea, and leavers would say conservtives are simply unfit to govern and cocked it up.

If they do not deliver brexit, but instead remain, they alienate leavers.

In other words, whatever happens they will lose the support of leave voters. There is little choice for them except to make sure we remain and then win back the remain voters who used to vote conservtive.
Dandelion, that is a very dangerous game to play. If the Conservatives get caught "with a hand in both cookie jars." both Remain and Leave Conservatives may jump ship leaving the Conservatives as only a party to read about in history books or at best be relegated to being a party like the old Liberal Party, too small to play a role in government.

I am aware that the Liberal Democrats is a merger of the old Liberal Party and a new party with Democrat in the name, not sure what the full name of that party was. This merger took place sometime after the era of Thatcher. That is as close as I can get without looking it up.

I also am somewhat familiar with the German government. I only know bits and pieces about the rest of the governments of Europe. With some European nations, I don't even know bits and pieces!

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dandelion, that is a very dangerous game to play. If the Conservatives get caught "with a hand in both cookie jars." both Remain and Leave Conservatives may jump ship leaving the Conservatives as only a party to read about in history books
Well thats true, but right now labour look more likely to fall into that trap.

They have studiously sat on the fence and declined either to call for remain or endorse an actual brexit. In yesterday's local election the conservatives lost a lot of councillors. Not surprising, if what we are seeing is leavers upset that brexit hasnt happened. But labour did not not move ahead, they lost councillors too.

The winners were mainly liberals, who are strong remainers. The green party which is also remain got its best ever result. A lib spokesman claimed they had equalled their best ever result too. There were as many independant gains as libs. Hard to tell what an indepenant stands for, but plainly voters preferred them to lab or con. A couple of councils were won by coalitions of local independents.

Arch leave Jacob Rees-Mogg saw his local council fall to a near clean sweep of liberals. The area also sent a lot of signatures to the petition to revoke article 50 and therefore remain. His constituency voted 60/40 to leave the EU, but now it is electing remainers.

I have argued that the conservatives have every time acted in a way which furthers remaining. If that is their plan, eventually ther has to come a point where leave voters dsert them. Hopefully by then they wwill have convinced as many as possible of the merits of remain, but losses are inevitable. We might be at that point now. When it happens, what they need to do is get backremain voters. Labour has declined to claim remain for itself, and as a resul remainers are deserting it. There is an opening for the conservatives to try to grab them.

I am aware that the Liberal Democrats is a merger of the old Liberal Party and a new party with Democrat in the name,
SDP, social democratic party. Labour splinter group. Eventually lost support so threw in with the libs. There is a new splinter party now with at least one conservative MP in it, who are pro remain and willing to say so. I expect they will eventually go the same way and disappear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie53

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Well thats true, but right now labour look more likely to fall into that trap.

They have studiously sat on the fence and declined either to call for remain or endorse an actual brexit. In yesterday's local election the conservatives lost a lot of councillors. Not surprising, if what we are seeing is leavers upset that brexit hasnt happened. But labour did not not move ahead, they lost councillors too.

The winners were mainly liberals, who are strong remainers. The green party which is also remain got its best ever result. A lib spokesman claimed they had equalled their best ever result too. There were as many independant gains as libs. Hard to tell what an indepenant stands for, but plainly voters preferred them to lab or con. A couple of councils were won by coalitions of local independents.

Arch leave Jacob Rees-Mogg saw his local council fall to a near clean sweep of liberals. The area also sent a lot of signatures to the petition to revoke article 50 and therefore remain. His constituency voted 60/40 to leave the EU, but now it is electing remainers.

I have argued that the conservatives have every time acted in a way which furthers remaining. If that is their plan, eventually ther has to come a point where leave voters dsert them. Hopefully by then they wwill have convinced as many as possible of the merits of remain, but losses are inevitable. We might be at that point now. When it happens, what they need to do is get backremain voters. Labour has declined to claim remain for itself, and as a resul remainers are deserting it. There is an opening for the conservatives to try to grab them.

SDP, social democratic party. Labour splinter group. Eventually lost support so threw in with the libs. There is a new splinter party now with at least one conservative MP in it, who are pro remain and willing to say so. I expect they will eventually go the same way and disappear.
Thanks Dandelion for that information. As you know my heart is in the 19th century concerning the United Kingdom. My heart is with Leave. But my brain knows that this is the 21st century. The UK will have to decide whether it wants to be a part of Europe or be a part of North America. As much as I would like the UK being a part of the North America group, over time, this would not be in the best interests of the UK. You can walk from England to France. You can neither walk nor swim the Atlantic Ocean. Transportation is not as critical as it once was, but peaches from France or Spain will most likely be cheaper than peaches grown in the US or Mexico in the UK, not counting any tariffs either way.

The reason I give only two choices for the UK - either Europe or North America is because I don't see any other players out there that have the size that the EU or North America has. The UK can buy all it ever wanted and at a good price from China, but what does the UK have that China wants or needs? Sooner or later, the UK would run out of pounds to make purchases.

Australia and New Zealand are now part of the Pacific Trade Association. They can't legally bail out the UK even if they economically could. The UK joining the Pacific Trade Association would really be a stretch.

When it comes down to it, the EU is the UK's best choice with North America coming in second. There aren't any other horses in this race. That is if you can call it a race. The UK would pay a big price for ten years for retooling for North America. A price I suspect is far more steeper than the people of England are willing to pay.

The UK has to remember that it isn't just Canada and the US to consider. Mexico will want to play hard ball. It is Mexico where the UK might have its best new market. The United States is the third trade partner of the UK. Germany is number one. Number 2 and 4 are EU countries, but I don't remember who they are.

How much new trade with the US can the UK hope to attain? I don't know. I'll even go so far as to say that in 20 years the UK might do as well or even better with North America than Europe. So much can happen in 20 years that neither you nor I can predict. However, it is safe to assume that the UK would be in a major recession for up to ten years if it moves out of Europe into North America. The economic downturn could be enough to call it a depression.

If the UK could survive the retooling of the UK to North America from Europe it will be very costly at first, no matter how much Canada and the US try to make it easy. There is so much Canada and the US will do as neither is going to sacrifice their best interest for the UK and they have to get Mexico to go along with it as well.

As I have said, I don't know all the particulars about the UK economy. I know two things. One, the UK was the sick man of Europe until France let the UK in the then Common Market. The UK has done well since and is now doing better than France or Germany. The other thing I know is that the distance from England to France is still going to be ten miles in 20 years regardless of what the UK does. The distance across the Atlantic will still be the long journey it is today if going by ship.

Until those two things are made different, the UK should hold their nose and stay in the EU. Their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will be glad that they did!

Last edited:

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Freddie, all the opinion polling now says the Uk wants to remain in the EU. In the local elections this week the remain parties made a lot of gains. The EU elections in a few weeks should be fascinating, and it seems likely at the moment we will see big falls for conservative support, lesser falls for labour. Big gains for libs, but the remain vote might also go to greens, and there is a new pro brexit splinter party. Not clear how the remain vote will settle.

The actual voting system is a bit eccentric, so while it is more proportional than normal elections, it will probably produce disproportionate results

UKIP self destructed, but Nigel Farage has created a brand new leave party. At the moment it seems to be on track to do a bit less well than UKIP did before.

Uk is still at around 53% remain 47% leave.

Last edited:

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Recent polling on brexit. https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/qu299yz52y/KSI_190424_Europe_w.pdf

People want to remain 45% as compared to leave with governemnt deal 29%

Survey asked a different question, where people were given the three chocies of remain, government deal and no deal. This time 44% chose remain. 28% chose no deal. 10% chose government deal.

From this we might deduce that 44% want to remain on any terms, but there are 1% extra who wholly reject the government deal. On the other hand, 7% support the government deal above leaving with no deal, while government deal lost 18%, presumably to no deal in the second question.

44% want to remain under all situations.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The new brexit party has said it will publish its manifesto for the european elections...after they are over.

The conservative party has said it probably won have one at all.

Labour launched one today, but refuse to be interviewed about it.

Vote lib dem.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh and verhofstadt was campaigning with them on their pro eu ticket.

Anyone interested to see the BBC 4 documentary on the Eu negotiations staring him and a motly crew of other politicians, some of them English, I expect it is still available on catchup.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ooohh
theyre all too shit scared to use the stuff, AGAIN
just as well many/variedf countries have it
just as well the USA has it as well
now we can all rest in peace,assured thst no one wants to use the dang thijng
- my thought anyway haha

ps
superglad the KILLER SAUDIS dont have it
theyre the onlu ones nutty enough in my books to use it, even the USA is too shit scared, i reckon

Things that Go Boom: Nothing good happens after 'nuclear midnight'

PRI's The World

May 14, 2019 · 1:30 PM EDT

Host Laicie Heeley
Producer Ruth Morris
Editor Indra Ekmanis
Player utilitie

download

2018-01-25t181846z_1194675695_rc1c406f1a60_rtrmadp_3_science-doomsdayclock2.jpg

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists move the 'Doomsday Clock' hands to two minutes until midnight. The updated time designation is visible underneath the ‘Doomsday Clock’ during a news conference in Washington, DC, January 25, 2018.

Credit:
Leah Millis/Reuters
2017-12-27t110222z_208958193_rc1dc2dba9a0_rtrmadp_3_new-york-nuclear.jpg

Things That Go Boom is a co-production of PRX and Inkstick Media, and is a partner of PRI's The World. This season, the podcast digs into backroom negotiations and political ploys, and asks: Is American foreign policy doing its job? Listen above and subscribe to the podcastto hear the whole story.

Directions on how to prep a fallout shelter may sound like something out of a 1960s pamphlet. But for Ron Hubbard, president of Atlas Survival Shelters, business is … booming.

Ron says he sold a shelter a month when he started out in 2011. Then, it was one a week. Now he sells about one a day. A lot of Hubbard's clients are in Asia and the Middle East — places where the threat of a nuclear attack still feels as visceral as it did to the US in the 1960s.

Related: In South Korea’s war panic economy, sales thrive on nuclear angst

But the danger is global. Some nuclear experts say that today the threat of a worldwide meltdown is the worst its been since the darkest, most dangerous days of the Cold War.

The World and Inkstick Media.

2017-12-27t110222z_208958193_rc1dc2dba9a0_rtrmadp_3_new-york-nuclear.jpg

A yellow nuclear fallout shelter sign is seen hung on a building in the Brooklyn borough of New York, December 7, 2017.

Credit:
Brendan McDermid/Reuters

In fact, the Doomsday Clock — a countdown created by a group of scientists to “warn the public about how close we are to destroying our world” — reads just two minutes to midnight. The last time the clock was this close to catastrophe was in 1953, when the Soviet Union tested its first hydrogen bomb.

Since its creation by the same scientists who worked on the Manhattan Project — which produced the world's first nuclear bomb — the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists has moved the clock’s hands back and forth to symbolize imminent danger to world security. In 1991 — not long after the Cold War ended — the ominous clock hands read 17 minutes. But over the last few years, the big hand has been creeping closer and closer to doom.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Latest yougov survey has Brect party as first place in EU elections at 35%. This isnt very surprising as UKIp came first last time, so it is still possible Bxp could come first this time and do worse than they did before.

More interesting is that it places liberal democrats in second place at 16%. Labour third 15%, greens fourth 10% and con only fifth at 9%.

This gives rise to debate over which side, leave or remain, is getting more support. if you regard con and lab as equivocal positions, then its 35% BXP for leave, but lib15+green 10 +CHUK 5+ SNP and other small remain parties = 32 ish remain. But then if we look at the raw data, there are still 16% dont know. The obvious thing they dont know is which remain party to support, because if you are a hard leaver there is only one clear party to go for. So more likely there are remainers still to commit to one or other remin party.

And then we have the issue of how to properly apportion labour votes, because although its policy is equivocal, most of its voters are actually remainers. And most conservatives are leavers. Although it could be argued this group is the people who still have a party loyalty which overrides their brexit position.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/td77pezs07/Results_190516_EP_VI_w.pdf

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BREXSHT it on, dont give a shit re your mickey mousing along, as bad as your beloved USA duh
with Australia to follow suit
western democracy huh

Bedbugs plague hits British cities
This article is more than 8 months old
The parasites, picked up on planes, trains and in hotels, are spreading into homes

Harriet Sherwood

@harrietsherwood
Sun 19 Aug 2018 07.00 BSTLast modified on Sun 19 Aug 201811.31 BST

Cimex lectularius – the common bedbug. Photograph: Getty Images

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Article about Nigel Farage's limited company which he calls the Brexit party. Building the Brexit party: how Nigel Farage copied Italy's digital populists

he got the idea from the 5 star movement in italy, where they also created a private company to operate their political party.

The idea is to make sure the members do not control policy, and Farage runs the show entirely himself.

wouldnt want democracy here...