Bridezillas

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm trying to figure out how someone have the guts to marry those bridezillas divas sicko behaving women...they are scary bunch.:eek:

Ladies: Have you ever been one or participate in bridezillas wedding?

Guys: Did you marry a bridezilla ? What makes a man see all of that and still marry one bridezilla or marry at all ?

:confused:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dunno, for my taste, chicks who act like that, full blown bridezilla/meltdown/quasi postal have almost always turned out to be a toxic relationship. And the ones that made past a year I finally realized I wasn't going to the jeweler for an engagement ring at all, but looking for a new place to live.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have never been married, but a lot of my friends and relatives are or have been. I have 3 married sisters, none were bridezillas. I have a lot of female friends, and none really fit the description.

The ones I have seen though, who insist that daddy go $150,000 in debt, enjoy screaming at everyone within a 200-mile radius for 18 months before the wedding, etc etc etc... seem to be incredibly selfish, I can't imagine that they can ever have a healthy relationship with anyone. They also seem to be so focused on the appearance of the ceremony that they have no clue what it actually means. It's all a window display, with no stockroom in the back, so to speak. Once she has her pageant, she has no clue how to be a wife and mother and family.

It's just scary.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NO,
I have never been a bridezilla but I have been in the weddings of some bridezillas. One didnt invite whole parts of her family because she didnt think they would give her good presents. Another turned into Freddie Krueger at her reception on me. I sang and left. I did not need to be involved further. I would hope I would not turn into a bridezilla but one never knows, does one?

Gisella said:
I'm trying to figure out how someone have the guts to marry those bridezillas divas sicko behaving women...they are scary bunch.:eek:

Guys: Did you marry a bridezilla ? What makes a man see all of that and still marry one bridezilla or marry at all ?

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes Chuck, I do agree that seems not possible they behave like that just before, during and not after the wedding too...:rolleyes:

And I just cant understand the amount of $$$$ spend in a party if it is going to make you in debt...even you have lots of money. Well, I would prefer have simple family friends gatering and have the extra money in the bank...to travel and have fun.:biggrin1:

Another thing that is foreigner in US culture wedding is brides maid be invited to participate and have to pay the dress and blablabla..it does not happen in the culture i come from. There you are invited to be witness and give a gift...the bride and groom families or themselves pay for everything...:biggrin1:

:eek: I was shocked when i was invited to be brides maid and was explained how things work and about my bill..

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
naughty said:
NO,
I have never been a bridezilla but I have been in the weddings of some bridezillas. One didnt invite whole parts of her family because she didnt think they would give her good presents. Another turned into Freddie Krueger at her reception on me. I sang and left. I did not need to be involved further. I would hope I would not turn into a bridezilla but one never knows, does one?

LOL...Naughty you are soo funny.:tongue:

Freddie Krueger is the one with huge nails ???:confused:

I cant live with myself if i find a bridezilla in me...have to run scared from myself...:rolleyes: be emotional as usual ok..but I dont want be a monster...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didnt you just love being asked to pay for a dress you couldnt wait to burn after the ceremony? Yes, One of the aforementioned Bridezillas stated that she purposely picked the ugliest dresses she could find for her bridesmaids so she would be sure to be the best looking woman there. Sad, sad.....

Gisella said:
Yes Chuck, I do agree that seems not possible they behave like that just before, during and not after the wedding too...:rolleyes:

And I just cant understand the amount of $$$$ spend in a party if it is going to make you in debt...even you have lots of money. Well, I would prefer have simple family friends gatering and have the extra money in the bank...to travel and have fun.:biggrin1:

Another thing that is foreigner in US culture wedding is brides maid be invited to participate and have to pay the dress and blablabla..it does not happen in the culture i come from. There you are invited to be witness and give a gift...the bride and groom families or themselves pay for everything...:biggrin1:

:eek: I was shocked when i was invited to be brides maid and was explained how things work and about my bill..

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
I have never been married, but a lot of my friends and relatives are or have been. I have 3 married sisters, none were bridezillas. I have a lot of female friends, and none really fit the description.

The ones I have seen though, who insist that daddy go $150,000 in debt, enjoy screaming at everyone within a 200-mile radius for 18 months before the wedding, etc etc etc... seem to be incredibly selfish, I can't imagine that they can ever have a healthy relationship with anyone. They also seem to be so focused on the appearance of the ceremony that they have no clue what it actually means. It's all a window display, with no stockroom in the back, so to speak. Once she has her pageant, she has no clue how to be a wife and mother and family.

It's just scary.

I do agree Dc...is scary and soooo strange!

And the ones who do not have rich daddys, the couple expend soooo much money , does not make sense to me...they even have a life in common and are already bringing on superfulous debt...:rolleyes:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
naughty said:
Didnt you just love being asked to pay for a dress you couldnt wait to burn after the ceremony? Yes, One of the aforementioned Bridezillas stated that she purposely picked the ugliest dresses she could find for her bridesmaids so she would be sure to be the best looking woman there. Sad, sad.....

:biggrin1:

Lol...I m laughing but is sad.

Yeh..the dresses are ugly and to puffy, the ones i had...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
naughty said:

LOL! You said it, Naughty!

Back in the day when I was planning my wedding with my ex, I gave my wedding party my colors and encouraged them to form their own committee and decide what they wanted to wear. As a result, the ladies chose dresses they would wear again after the ceremony.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
mercurialbliss said:
LOL! You said it, Naughty!

Back in the day when I was planning my wedding with my ex, I gave my wedding party my colors and encouraged them to form their own committee and decide what they wanted to wear. As a result, the ladies chose dresses they would wear again after the ceremony.

:cool: :tongue:

Sensible woman = sensible bride !!!

MB cool bride !!!:smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Yes, One of the aforementioned Bridezillas stated that she purposely picked the ugliest dresses she could find for her bridesmaids so she would be sure to be the best looking woman there. Sad, sad.....
I understood this to be common knowledge as far back as I can remember. Funny, too, that in a bridezilla wedding, the guys will rent tuxedos and look FINE! but they don't get to keep them. The bridesmaids have to stand next to these hot, handsome, well-dressed men in dresses that make them look like some pastel puffy throw-pillow in a decorator's worst nightmare, purchase this hideous thing, and burn it or keep it in the back of the closet.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Kill me...:rolleyes:

Terrible situation as DC say..about the men soooo lavishing :cool: and we sooo puffy and the ugly hair do style ...soooo embarassing that we just want to finish all soon as possible.

But than at the party we still can have some fun and at least take all the stuff that is stuck in the hair..i like at least my hair free if i cant take the ugly dress off...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After my ex and I broke up, and when it was safe to make jokes about the wedding which never happened, my friends all made jokes about what kind of nightmare party planner a control freak like me would be, anda few called when that show Bridezillas came out.

Truth is, I'd love to just elope. Me, my man, and our vows to each other. My friends will kill me. So since any large wedding I have is really for them, and since they have to buy all their own gear, I always figured I'd choose my favorite color and his as the colors, and everyone can choose their own clothes, as long as it is all dyed to match, and purchased at the same store. My meal must be vegan, prepared completely parve. My grandmother's must be kosher. I don't care what anyone else eats, so everyone else can deal with a buffet. A DJ, a good band. I really don't care, and would love to give the maid of honor a budget, a credit card, and carte blance. I'd rather elope than plan a wedding reception. I could not care less about a wedding. Wake me for the marriage.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
<...>
My meal must be vegan, prepared completely parve. My grandmother's must be kosher...
I'll cater, I do know how to fix a parve meal. Is your grandmother Jewish?

One of these days, you will have to sample some of my vegan sushi. Seasoned cucumber and carrot slivers, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds, rolled in the seasoned rice, wrapped in nori. It's been a winner every time I served it.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
naughty said:

One of my cousins actually went one worse- she made us buy expensive ugly hats to go with our ugly dresses, then bragged about having bought her wedding gown at a discount house for less than what WE spent on our dresses! Of course, she didn't share this information until after we had already paid for them. Tacky, tacky.

My mother worked as an accountant for a chain of bridal shops, she had stories that could curl your hair.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
After my ex and I broke up, and when it was safe to make jokes about the wedding which never happened, my friends all made jokes about what kind of nightmare party planner a control freak like me would be, anda few called when that show Bridezillas came out.

Truth is, I'd love to just elope. Me, my man, and our vows to each other. My friends will kill me. So since any large wedding I have is really for them, and since they have to buy all their own gear, I always figured I'd choose my favorite color and his as the colors, and everyone can choose their own clothes, as long as it is all dyed to match, and purchased at the same store. My meal must be vegan, prepared completely parve. My grandmother's must be kosher. I don't care what anyone else eats, so everyone else can deal with a buffet. A DJ, a good band. I really don't care, and would love to give the maid of honor a budget, a credit card, and carte blance. I'd rather elope than plan a wedding reception. I could not care less about a wedding. Wake me for the marriage.

Yeh BB, I almost 'elop' completly inmy wedding: We already live together than we decide get married went city hall than call yellow page Peace lady thrusday and she suggest a nice spot to get marry in open air...on next sunday 10am. By saturday I remember i have to have at least 2 witness and call a couple of friend and than some friends call us if was true what our witness told..than we invite them too..but I told them to not expect nothing after wedding bcause have to go nice hotel for honeymoon :cool: and we had to work early monday...comemorations would be on next saturday.

We had 9 close friends at our wedding and no family bcause they did not live near us...it took not more than 40 min, kisses and hugs and we went finally honeymoon..:biggrin1: And i remember looking at my wed band and thinking wow I'm a married 'Mrs." woman now...

The End...:smile:

Expando1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gisella said:

I'd be sorely tempted to leave a bridezilla at the alter. Such a performance would not leave me eager for the coming years of the marriage knowing that I'd have to face trials and hardships to come with someone who copes in this manner. When it's said and done, it's been one day, one moment, in your life...the days and years after that one moment is where the real magic happens.

The key to a good party...food, music, and if you like, alcohol. Enjoy yourself at your own party and everyone else will too. Don't fuss over your guests. People decide to get dress and leave their comfy homes to go to a party because they want to have fun. Unless you do something to actually prevent this they will enjoy themselves. Good food and good music....nada mas.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Expando1 said:
The key to a good party...food, music, and if you like, alcohol. Enjoy yourself at your own party and everyone else will too. Don't fuss over your guests. People decide to get dress and leave their comfy homes to go to a party because they want to have fun. Unless you do something to actually prevent this they will enjoy themselves. Good food and good music....nada mas.
Nada mais, exceto amigos bons. Sim?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Expando1 said:
I'd be sorely tempted to leave a bridezilla at the alter. Such a performance would not leave me eager for the coming years of the marriage knowing that I'd have to face trials and hardships to come with someone who copes in this manner. When it's said and done, it's been one day, one moment, in your life...the days and years after that one moment is where the real magic happens.

I immediately felt guilty when I first read the title of this thread- I was a three time divorcee at 35. Imagine my relief when I discovered it was actually bad wedding behavior! :biggrin1:

But this bolded part tells the tale. It's a party you throw to announce your committment to the people you know and love. It's a public statement of your love, if you choose to make it a public one. Music, food, friends- it's supposed to be FUN.

What's fun about a guy having to spend two month's salary on a fucking ring, I mean what's fun about that for him? Going into excruciating debts at the beginning won't exactly decrease stress on a new relationship. Also, allowing a woman to drag you by the heels on this will set the tone for the relationship- you'll be doing "chores" before he puts out, believe me. The pussy ain't worth it guys, if she's horrible before you say "I do", she'll only get worse.

I'm divorced three times and never took ANY child or spousal support. I know I shouldn't have to brag about that, but I do. I believe both people should take FROM a marriage what they brought to it, and split what they got while together. Period. Women can never BE equal until we ACT equal. This is one of the many areas that we are our own worst enemies.