Briefs Coming Back Into Favour ?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to admit, I don't give a flying fuck about "fashion," or "what's in style." I wear what's comfortable. I only wear boxers when I wear my tuxedo, and then it's only 100% silk boxers. Otherwise, I prefer a little more support. Briefs or spandex boxer-briefs.

LeeEJ, are you talking about those "no-seam" spandex ones at Target? They are GREAT!

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah. From a selfish standpoint I'm a big fan of boxer briefs. If the guy has a nice body and a sizable appendage it's a treat for me...

Yes. Artfulwilly had on a pair of black boxer briefs the other day, and they looked very sexy...more so than his usual boxers, IMO. Mmmm....

When it comes to men's underwear, though, I'm a bit mystified by some technicalities. When wearing regular briefs, if you get a hard-on, isn't that uncomfortable? My ex's cock used to peek out of the top of his briefs when hard, but my new lover's cock would burst out of briefs no matter which direction it was pointed LOL. In boxers, he can easily adjust and let it go into his pants leg.

Are there hung guys on this site who wear regular briefs?

Anyway, I digress. My thanks to whoever invented boxer briefs. Very, very nice. :biggrin1:

But, for fun, I'll still go commando. :tongue:

Me too... :shhh:

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've worn white briefs (Fruit of the Loom, BVD, Hanes) my whole life.

I did try boxers for a short period but really did not like the way the extra material bunched around my thighs, and found the extra material *very* uncomfortable in my crotch as opposed to the smoother contours of briefs.

Regrading a large erection in briefs, it just goes up and to the left along the crease where the thigh joins the pelvis. It never peeks above the waistband except right before they're being ripped off me. And if there's ever a bit of straining, a surreptitous rearrangement takes care of it. I haven't been uncomfortable in briefs since the high school days of erections every five minutes.

Briefs "gay"? Where was I when I this rumor made the rounds? I must admit, I can't remember the last time I had a conversation about underwear, but I've never heard of that one. Besides, anyone who might be concerned/interested (either negatively or positively) that I was gay simply doesn't have the opportunity to see my underwear.

Briefs forever!

(Except when anticipating play ... then commando is way more fun for the instant access is provides. And I do like starting off getting a blowjob while still wearing jeans with the old wedding tackle poking out through the fly. A bit harder to do with any kind of underwear. )

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LeeEJ, are you talking about those "no-seam" spandex ones at Target? They are GREAT!

Yup, them's the ones. They strike that balance between comfort and control, letting things move around while still keeping boners from being too visible.

When it comes to men's underwear, though, I'm a bit mystified by some technicalities. When wearing regular briefs, if you get a hard-on, isn't that uncomfortable?

Well, if they're like me and aren't hugely long, it can go to one side or the other and stay inside the fabric. Boxer briefs have some more freedom of movement (and the spandex ones mentioned above, with their low friction, are even better), yet they accomplish what regular boxers can't do, which is keeping a hardon close to the body.

For me, regular boxers are only good for one thing in daily use, and that's keeping my butt funk from getting on my pants. I don't like how they shift around on their own and get all gathered & bunched up in places, and I'm more concerned about any hardon showing through clothing. I sometimes wear them when sitting around the house, though.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When it comes to men's underwear, though, I'm a bit mystified by some technicalities. When wearing regular briefs, if you get a hard-on, isn't that uncomfortable?
Not really, unless the guy's cock is the size of a large watermelon. The cotton knit jersey material stretches.

britcock

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cant be doing briefs! theres no room to move! the only time I have won them is when im playing football! keeps everything where there supposed to be

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well, if they're like me and aren't hugely long, it can go to one side or the other and stay inside the fabric. Boxer briefs have some more freedom of movement (and the spandex ones mentioned above, with their low friction, are even better), yet they accomplish what regular boxers can't do, which is keeping a hardon close to the body.

Thanks. That helps me understand.

Not really, unless the guy's cock is the size of a large watermelon. The cotton knit jersey material stretches.

Large watermelon? You're silly. :wink:

Even my ex popped out of his briefs sometimes (out the top or the fly...we started buying no-fly briefs), and he was above average, but not huge...

That's why I was asking about larger guys. I've never asked my current lover, but I guess I was assuming he didn't wear regular briefs because of his size (he's the biggest I've had). Maybe he just doesn't like them. I'll ask him later today, if I remember.

Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Briefs are just sexy, they really show off your "assets", and the new once have a nice cut that just blends in with your body. Not to mention the different colors. I perfer C-IN2, and their mother company 2xist; although I have been wanting to have some "fun" underwear, so I am considering Ginch Gonch.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Briefs have their merit, and will always be in style. Even so, there will always be die hard boxer and freeball fans who like to hang loose instead of being strapped up.

briefs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear 501s most of the time without underwear. But I have a real soft spot for wearing white y-front briefs while hanging around the house, during foreplay and cuddling with a guy. I like the look. I like how you can 'aim' down, over, and up.
In 501s, briefs can bunch your junk up in a meaty bulge, and I like that look. But it sure binds after a while.
Boxers are cool in chinos, khakis, slacks, and also hanging around the house.
Briefs and boxers both are perfect for swimming at a pool party, unless it's swimsuit-optional. Then why bother.
My experience is only as a USA guy, my preferences and fetishes come from my life. Underwear in other countries are different from USA and create their own preferences and fetishes.

Reactions: Into undies

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Briefs were scrutinized because they were told that they lower sperm count. It was scientifically proven that the male scrotum exists to keep the testicles outside of a mans body to keep them at a cooler degree so that the sperm could produce more effectively. Studies were as most scietific studies only psuedo, and ruled out the fact that if a womans body could store eges within the body at body temperature than how sperm would not produce likewise. It's still under investigation, but isn't such a factor to outlaw briefs or tight fitting clothes anymore. Men also don't value spem count quite so much with the volumes produce even on a smaller level, and with the hopes of less (i.e. condoms and other birth control) arent always so bothered by the thought of low sperm count. Also with the increase in pouch underwear (i.ie cocsox, N2N, Ausiebum, oboy, mansilk, ect) there is more room down there so briefs aren't so restrictive while also being fashionable.

Just a few ramblings from a briefs fan.
:cool:

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to wear briefs when I was real young till about 4th grade or so. Then I switched to boxers till around 7th and started wearin the boxer briefs for a little bit. After a little while I decided to go back to the boxers. I just find them more comfortable for me. I like all my clothes a little on the baggier side.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I don't like briefs personally but I like to see them on other guys.
Ditto. I wore "butthuggers" when I was little, but I've worn boxers ever since middle school. Also, briefs and boxer-briefs only look good on certain men, ie. men with nice asses or legs. I've seen terribly fat and terribly skinny guys who look ridiculous in briefs or boxer-briefs. Boxers, on the other hand, look fairly decent on any kind of man.