Briefs Coming Back Into Favour ?

It's the boxerbrief rebellion! Boxerbriefs have become the de-facto choice of many men. The tighter trouser styles, particularly in jeans, beg for briefs with support so as to create a good-looking bulge. Back in the 90s when all was baggy, there was no point in wearing briefs. It was counter intiuitive. Plus boxers had become fun with great prints and colorful wasitbands that could peek out and look sexy.

Soon as I get down to my goal weight I'm going to get myself some Aussiebums just for fun. Maybe they can give me what God didn't.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate briefs, I just end up in knots.

But seriously, briefs just super bunch everything and sometimes can prove uncomfortable. And don't get a woody in 'em! The worst.

I don't think it's a "gay" thing, though. I tried wearing them for a while, but I just found it more comfortable to wear boxers. I don't mind the "snake down" thing. You're supposed to be free...lol.

I wear 'em if I'm working out. For running and jump roping. But then again, I don't think underwear should be worn for the people looking.

I think it's odd you say briefs or freeballing. If you freeball, you may as well wear boxers.

Yes, people should be free, so I think the "snake down" thing is okay. The penis doesn't need support, for it is already attached at one end. I like boxers better, because briefs are too confining.

Besides, confining underwear trap too much heat and air in there, making for sweaty itchy balls. No the pubic area does need to "breathe" a bit.

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Remember when all the men's health magazines, day time shows and media in general were pushing the boxer shorts and the sleep pants as the only way to go for guys when they were literally down to the bare essensials ? Well now I've noticed, thank gods, that there appears to be a brief resurgance in the ranks of blokes in general over the last few years. Thanks to companies like 2xist, Aussiebum and Bonds, it now seems cool for a bloke to wear those revealing briefs and newer boxer briefs styles than before and not being labelled 'gay' because of his underwear choice, which I thought was a pretty stupid thing to worry about in the first place.
Personally I am glad the briefs are coming back in style as I have always preferred to wear briefs over loose boxers and am slowly getting into those boxer briefs designs as well. And my partners all seem to like how revealing they are too.:biggrin1:

Well Aussiebum has been popular with gays around this part of the world for years now and briefs are always hot on a great looking body.

But if you're got anything around your mid-section to hide, then boxers seem like the best choice.

I've never been aware that briefs were ever out of fashion as I remember seeing them in men's magazines for years and years and there has never been a 'lull' in popularity in briefs. If anything, I'd say that with fashion - briefs are preferred over boxers.

jaketaz20002

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

bayamon_55

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i love style underwear. i wear briefs bikinis and the occasional thong with the skinny jeans. i have 5 boxers that i use to sleep in the summer that is it. but i hate boxers. i wore them once all day (lazy doing the laundry) and it was the longest day of my life. i was touching myself and adjusting all day which i do not like to do, at least not in public. the briefs, i adjust and arrange in the morning and spend all day comfy and i do not have to touch my crotch all day.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not for me! I can't imagine anything as uncomfortable as wearing briefs all day! I think brief wearers can change to boxers much easier than boxer wearers can go to briefs. its a freedom and a room thing

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media
not for me! I can't imagine anything as uncomfortable as wearing briefs all day! I think brief wearers can change to boxers much easier than boxer wearers can go to briefs. its a freedom and a room thing

Quite the contrary.

The whole reason boxer-briefs were invented is because it was actually harder for brief wearers to give up the great comfy support of wonderful stretchy form-fitting sexy cotton briefs.

And ultimately the reason briefs didn't really fully die and are making such a comeback (despite all the media and fashion hype that the dominance of briefs were forever dead in the 1990s), is exactly because of all the advantages of wonderful supportive great feeling good-looking briefs. Which is the whole reason they over took boxers in popularity in the first place for most of the 20th century.

The 1990s were a momentary fashion and illogical nonsensical nightmare that promoted the non-showering dirty grunge look and the prison-&-poverty-is-cool look of overly baggy, saggy, non-supportive, wrinkly bunched up baggy falling off you clothes look. May this part of the 1990s rest in peace, and may we all let it's impact die a fast death and get back on clothes that fit and support and look good too, including our briefs.

Last edited:

mdlindqu

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Quite the contrary.

The whole reason boxer-briefs were invented is because it was actually harder for brief wearers to give up the great comfy support of wonderful stretchy form-fitting sexy cotton briefs.

And ultimately the reason briefs didn't really fully die and are making such a comeback (despite all the media and fashion hype that the dominance of briefs were forever dead in the 1990s), is exactly because of all the advantages of wonderful supportive great feeling good-looking briefs. Which is the whole reason they over took boxers in popularity in the first place for most of the 20th century.

The 1990s were a momentary fashion and illogical nonsensical nightmare that promoted the non-showering dirty grunge look and the prison-&-poverty-is-cool look of overly baggy, saggy, non-supportive, wrinkly bunched up baggy falling off you clothes look. May this part of the 1990s rest in peace, and may we all let it's impact die a fast death and get back on clothes that fit and support and look good too, including our briefs.

Yes indeed. Great pics BTW. BRIEFS RULE!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey BigMeatNJ: I have to agree with you on this one. I grew up in briefs and wore them for decades. Hated boxers because there was no support. The funny thing is that I live in So Cal, and so many guys here freeball or wear boxers, that you see a lot of swinging dick. I became intrigued by the thought of ditching the undies and trying boxers 3 years ago. It's very weird, yet highly erotic to all of a sudden feel your dick move around all day in your pants instead of having it tightly contained in briefs. It takes 2 weeks or so to get used to hanging loosely without boning up constantly, but for me, there is no going back now. Briefs look sexier on a fit guy - no question about it. Yet, I'll opt for the freedom and room thing every time.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was a kid growing up in the '50s and '60s, Sears had a catalog with an item called MID LENGTH BRIEFS. There was a guy in my gym class that wore them. They were identical to what all of us would call white boxerbriefs today. They only came in white, and I never saw them in the department stores. It must have been a catalog-only item. The name change from Mid Length Briefs to Boxerbriefs was probably a marketing move in the late '80s. Someone at FTL or Hanes figured that all these kids wearing boxers could be swayed to cotton knit underwear if it didn't look "gay" like the white briefs that their dads wore, and if they jazzed them up with colors. I would guess that boxerbriefs are the best selling underwear, followed by regular briefs, with boxers coming in third.

Underwear is fun, no matter what kind you're into.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to say that I have worn boxers since I was about 10 and NEVER did I have a grunge look. yes..there was a fashion trend toward that look with boxers ballooning out of the back of pants worn so low I still do not know how they stayed on! I agree that it was/is a horrible fashion statement. but a vast majority of boxer wearers did not do this, and wear them because they are very comfortable.

D

deleted3782

I guess, for me, underwear type comes down to the clothes I am wearing. If I am wearing pants that are pretty tailored, then I can't wear boxers at all...they get too bunched up. If I am wearing my 10 year old oversized J.Crew chinos that tend to slide off my ass, then I will wear boxers to help keep them up. Honestly, at this point in time...I prefer the oversized chinos with boxers. Maybe that's just an autumnal thing.

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Remember when all the men's health magazines, day time shows and media in general were pushing the boxer shorts and the sleep pants as the only way to go for guys when they were literally down to the bare essensials ? Well now I've noticed, thank gods, that there appears to be a brief resurgance in the ranks of blokes in general over the last few years. Thanks to companies like 2xist, Aussiebum and Bonds, it now seems cool for a bloke to wear those revealing briefs and newer boxer briefs styles than before and not being labelled 'gay' because of his underwear choice, which I thought was a pretty stupid thing to worry about in the first place.
Personally I am glad the briefs are coming back in style as I have always preferred to wear briefs over loose boxers and am slowly getting into those boxer briefs designs as well. And my partners all seem to like how revealing they are too.:biggrin1:

My gf likes to see the budlge i make in breifs but personally i tend to opt for boxers