Briefs Coming Back Into Favour ?

echo20

Sexy Member
Media
I am a briefs man through and through. I hate boxers I hate my balls sticking to the side of my leg when its hot etc, plus I think briefs just look soooo much hotter!! Boxers seem a little immature.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The only reason I switched to boxers was because I saw everyone else wearing them. I admit, bad mistake.

Talk about peer pressure! Sorry to you this particular quote, but I noticed several guys saying they wear this or that because it is what everyone is wearing. For heaven's sake what ever happened to being an individual. I wear what I like not what someone else likes. I do, I admit, pay more for a brand like 2xist or Calvin Klein because of comfort not because Marky Mark looked good in them. My brother goes for cheapest and it shows. I was at his house not long ago and he walked out of his room to get something and I saw his extremely baggy Fruit of the Loom briefs. They looked terrible. I said something "funny" to his wife who was watching TV with and she said, he won't let her buy him anything better. He says no one sees him except her so why does it matter. Small minded people are amazing, aren't they?

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
Somebody started a thread I recently saw about being embarrassed in white briefs ( http://www.lpsg.org/151347-embarrassed-by-wearing-tighty-whities.html ), so I did a search to see what other threads about this might come up, and from what I see here most good looking and/or relatively fit guys look great in them and have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, quite the contrary actually. :smile:

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I had briefs that fit a little better - i.e., the pouch was snug enough, without being tight, and didn't bulge down so that my nuts were stuck to my thigh all the time . . . I'd go for it.

But all jockey style shorts I've ever had suffered from that problem.

Anybody from the underwear industry out there listening? I'll talk your ear off . . . .

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is very true wearing briefs does handle any potential jock sweat and itch much better than boxers.
I've had the worst cases of jock itch when I used to wear cotton briefs back when I lived in Arizona. They absorb the sweat initially, but once they get a certain degree saturated, the elastic leg openings hold that moisture against your crotch and create the environment for the fungus to grow. Then the friction of those moist leg bands rubbing on your crotch as you move around adds to the discomfort. Not an issue when you have the day off because you can always change your undies; but when working an 8 hour shift, you're stuck until you get home.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Ok, since this is an emotion-based issue and not a logical one... I'll just say that briefs RULE and that boxers are LAME. What is the fuckin POINT? If you really can't stand having ball support, freeball. Boxers are overpriced ( not that that really matters; the briefs I buy are expensive , I admit), but mostly are lame because they cover up EVERYTHING. The whole point of briefs, as far as I'm concerned, is to show a good bulge in the locker room or in the dorm. Boxers are for old farts.
I know things have changed. I'm just glad that I went to hs and college in the 70's and 80's when ALL guys wore briefs, ALL guys changed into jockSTRAPS, and all guys showered together.
I wish boxers would disappear, men would go back to basic white briefs ( I don't care for the colorful printy kind; they look like little boys underpants), and somebody in the PR world would get a celebrity to push jockstraps again. One good ad campaign and jockstraps would reassume their primacy.

The pouches on 2xist and Cin2 are AWESOME for guys with low hangers. Check em out. A cheaper alternative is Evolve brand from Target.
BRIEFS FOREVER!

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
Ok, since this is an emotion-based issue and not a logical one... I'll just say that briefs RULE and that boxers are LAME. What is the fuckin POINT? If you really can't stand having ball support, freeball. Boxers are overpriced ( not that that really matters; the briefs I buy are expensive , I admit), but mostly are lame because they cover up EVERYTHING. The whole point of briefs, as far as I'm concerned, is to show a good bulge in the locker room or in the dorm. Boxers are for old farts.
I know things have changed. I'm just glad that I went to hs and college in the 70's and 80's when ALL guys wore briefs, ALL guys changed into jockSTRAPS, and all guys showered together.
I wish boxers would disappear, men would go back to basic white briefs ( I don't care for the colorful printy kind; they look like little boys underpants), and somebody in the PR world would get a celebrity to push jockstraps again. One good ad campaign and jockstraps would reassume their primacy.

The pouches on 2xist and Cin2 are AWESOME for guys with low hangers. Check em out. A cheaper alternative is Evolve brand from Target.
BRIEFS FOREVER!

There is also Dolce & Gabbana:

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
i dont like boxers any more, i find them uncomfortable. for the last few years ive been wearing trunks, i think they are way better than the briefs..

Some trunks are almost the exact same thing as briefs, sometimes when a guy with broad strong hips has certain short trunks on it looks at first like he is wearing briefs especially from certain angles. I very much agree with you about boxers, so I'm glad you say you don't like boxers anymore and have switched too. With more and more guys wearing briefs or trunks and other underwear that actually provides nice real form fitting support and looks better too, the styles, options, and availability are of course also increasing which is really great! :smile: (I've also including some nice examples/LINKS below:

Last edited:

Pecker Check

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have migrated from briefs to boxers. (At this point I'll just stick with the boxers, but I sometimes do miss the good old up-tight security of briefs.) I was in college in the 60s and saw some of my "cool" friends in boxers. I wanted to see what I was missing, but I I found I simply couldn't wear them without having too many inconvenient erections. I tried boxers again in my 50s, found the snake was better behaved, and have stuck with the loose look. Have other guys tried boxers at different stages in life with similar results?