Briefs

Stanmeister

Cherished Member
Media
I think that boxers are a part of the urban baggy fashion. And I think there has been a reaction to the trend in our culture that embraces homosexuality. And I think that tightness is associated with homosexuality--so briefs, jocks, speedos are disparaged because they are thought to be "gay." Looseness is the opposite of gayness. Or at least that is how it is perceived. Some of us grew up when the sexual revolution hit. At that time we started to embrace our sexuality in open kinds of ways. That often meant tightness. We revealed more with tight things. (And honestly, for me, I just got used to the comfort. Our balls appreciated the support. They became used to tighter underwear and jockstraps.) As things evolved (gays became more open) this tightness became associated with gayness. And many didn't want to be associated with that. I could never wear boxers. My balls could not handle the bouncing up and down. I have a problem with soreness in my left ball, so I find any style (including most boxer briefs) that does not keep the balls in place to be very uncomfortable.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Briefs are the only way to go. They don't look like what kids wear; they look like what MEN wore before the advent of boxers, which are possibly the most riDICKulous excuse for underwear. They don't DO anything.
In my opinion, even pain tighty whities are hot because they say you're a real man who's not going to wear girly "fashion" underwear or boxers that might as well not even be under your jeans cuz what's the point?
not that I have strong opinions about it, of course...

D_Toren_Adopants

Account Disabled
Media

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Briefs are the only way to go. They don't look like what kids wear; they look like what MEN wore before the advent of boxers, which are possibly the most riDICKulous excuse for underwear. They don't DO anything.
In my opinion, even pain tighty whities are hot because they say you're a real man who's not going to wear girly "fashion" underwear or boxers that might as well not even be under your jeans cuz what's the point?
not that I have strong opinions about it, of course...

Some years ago my neice (fashion major) wrote a thesis on male and female underwear
throughout the ages....I learned a lot I didn't know before..
Here is some of the information from her research...

Timeline for underwear use by males...

5000BC: Beginning of primitive loin cloths...

2000BC: Egypt. A type of cotton loin cloth, or wrap around, and a type of kilt came into
fashion for the Pharoahs....and later evolved into a flannel loin cloth of may styles worn by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Scots, and people in the Pacific and in Asia....

Middleages (1000-1300)/Renaissance (-1450): The loin cloth was replaced by a type of trousers called a "braies"..and later, in the 14th century, the "cod piece" was added to make it easier for them to relive themselves..

17th Century: "Braies" were replaced by knee length "drawers"...

19th Century: Drawers were replaced in 1868 by the one piece, neck to ankle "union suit" with front and back flaps for easy access for relieveing themselves.

1874: The Jock strap was invented.

1925: The "Boxer" (patterned after what was being worn at the time by pugilists) was invented and replaced the union suit. It was waist to knee...and later shortened to mid thigh as we know it today.

1935: Jockey "Briefs" were invented after swim suits being seen in France at the time.

1990: Invention of the "Boxer Briefs"...Jockey type briefs with added legs coverings.

So....briefs came "after" boxers....in a long line of awful stuff men had to wear! :biggrin:

I began to refuse to wear underwear when I was about 8...removed it after I knew my mother would not catch me (usually after I arrived at school and visited the boy's room)and put them in my school bag or bicycle bag.

When I entered the navy, I was forced to wear boxers...but they made me concious of
my privates rubbing against them (I never felt it when wearing nothing..:shrug:). I was constantly getting aroused and embarrassed, so I had to teach myself to ignore it so I could stay flaccid and not make wet spots. :frown1: Took forever after I got out of the
navy to let my feelings run in a normal and free way again...Damn, I hated those boxers!
:mad:

Now I wear only briefs at the gym or if there is any reason that I feel I need more support,
protection, or security...

I wear nothing when wearing jeans or normal clothes, but if the pants are real thin, then I
sometimes wear boxers or briefs with them. I just prefer the freedom of nothing!

When I go to the doctor I always wear boxers...:biggrin:

At home...as soon as I come through the door...nothing but maybe a t-shirt..

D

deleted397893

Sadly, i do not own a pair of briefs. I think they are the hottest underwear on men if you have a big dick and a nice meaty butt. There's nothing hotter than a big bulge and a big juicy butt in a tight pair of white briefs. I think I would look really hot in briefs, but I'm a little embarassed to buy them since boxer briefs are the "in" style rght now. Whatever, i think I'm gonna go buy a bunch of different style briefs tomorrow lol

oh and im 20 by the way

B_bluebird70

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
im a bit older than your question asks - im 40

but i cant stand boxers - they give you no support at all - i wear briefs all the time - usually tanga broiefs but i love to wear thongs as well!

jcdfw

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
28, white Calvin Klein briefs or nothing at all. I love to be in my widow in my highrise apt in them. :)

umnc30

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i wear boxers, boxer briefs, and briefs but tend to stick to boxer briefs more. I haven't found many decently priced briefs that are also comfortable. I have a pair made by champion (not manufacture anymore) and some by polo raplh lauren that fit great, and look good even on me (a thicker guy).

polarbear

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a bit older-- 40-- but love briefs. I switched to boxers and boxer-briefs in high school, but by the time I finished university I was back to briefs.

I don't wear the full-cut, white department store type (or Hanes, FTL), rather I prefer 2xist, Calvin Klein, some Jockey cuts, CIN2... mostly pouch type briefs.

D

deleted611714

I love briefs from BHS in the UK, very comfy and feel really good in them!