Bringing up penis size on first date

D_Zazu_Harm-Pitts

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was on a first date with a guy recently, it went very well and he was a true gentleman. However, we were discussing features we like about ourselves and he hinted at having a big penis. Not being crude and blurting it out, but more with gestures.

A bit confused how I should interpret this, so any thoughts on the subject would be of great help. A bit of a juxtaposition to his behaviour in general so I´m wary if he could only be after sex or is just very comfortable with himself. Hmm... :rolleyes:

Reactions: deleted18464931

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just ask him if he only wants sex and go from there. But even still, there is really only way to find out for certain...

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Could be just nerves, and the guy feeling he needs to validate himself in the trouser dept in order to get anywhere.

Seams anyway that other than referring to cock size, he seams nice enough from what you say.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would say if you have a preference in sizes then take note, if it doesnt make any difference then treat it exactly that way. There are some posts on here from people who have had difficulties because they are just too big. Or he might be a prat. Or he might be very nervous and just saying stupid things as a result.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think he felt the date was going very well...and decided to spice it up a bit. No doubt he was interested in your response. He had been a perfect gentleman up to that time, and he probably wanted to move it to something more sensual. I don't think he did it in bad taste. It was appropriate in the conversation and he didn't blurt out: "Well, I've got a huge cock!" Give him a chance...even nice guys can have big dicks.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
quit reading too much into it!
the conversation was about things you liked about yourselves. that was high on his list. he was a bit cheeky, just hinting, but not crude.
my guess would be that there was no great planning or thought going into his response. it just popped into his head as a thing he felt good about.

uncut_1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
never a good game plan
what if the chick has been with larger guys than you?
its like setting yourself up for disaster, bragging about your cock not having any idea if shes had bigger or not in the past

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
I would bet that it was just a spontaneous and playful reply. I think we all do it when we are dating, whether it's intentional or not.

Dropping a kinky "hook" in conversation (like he did) and seeing how the other person responds can be really insightful and help to cover a lot of ground quick. Orrr it can backfire horribly and you just leave the other person guessing! :tongue2:

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
Should someone be telling the other person of their "personal wares" on a first day?
Probably not........not if that person really wants a meaningful relationship.

I don't fully disagree with this, but I think it's a bit of a carryover mindset from decades past.

More so in this example, since it all could have been in jest.

D_Bent Affleck

Experimental Member
Media
the conversation was about things you liked about yourselves. that was high on his list. he was a bit cheeky, just hinting, but not crude.
my guess would be that there was no great planning or thought going into his response. it just popped into his head as a thing he felt good about.

Exactly. You were talking about things you like about yourself & he basically said his cock without being rude or crass about it.

LUM_1986

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet... But I had a friend at Uni who HAD to in some way bring up the size of his penis before/just encase they slept together...

He was VERY thick, and a lot of girls said after they slept together that he should '...warn future dates, because his dick was not the Wham Bam thank you Ma'am size... It was bloody hard work...'

-J- x

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's self-promotion. Thought he'd throw it in there to play the 'cheeky' card with the potential benefit of you being more sexually attracted to him.

Last edited:

D_Johnny Schlepp

1st Like
Media
That must've been a pretty good date. He must also be very comfortable around you. Honestly what guy doesn't like his penis, so of course he would want to talk about. Of course it was very shallow to bring up his size on a date and the first one at that. He sure has balls, no pun.

Of course he wants sex, but is that all he wants? Who knows. You shouldn't let it worry you. Tell him to put his money where his mouth is and send you a dick pic. He is probably a fraud if he has to talk about his dick being big on a first date.

tallnlean9

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It was probably intentional. I don't know many guys who carelessly make reference to their penis size. And it's no more or less crass than slyly making reference on a date to one's wealth, intelligence, athleticism, or success. You emphasize your selling points on a date, and he guessed this would be a selling point with you.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At this day and age, I'd think the guy was just doing the normal, albeit unfortunate, self advertising. Ten years ago I'd say he was a pervert but society's opened up by quite a bit and he feels comfortable enough with you to talk about stuff like this.

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
At this day and age, I'd think the guy was just doing the normal, albeit unfortunate, self advertising. Ten years ago I'd say he was a pervert but society's opened up by quite a bit and he feels comfortable enough with you to talk about stuff like this.

I've been dating quite a bit lately and your words ring resoundingly true.

On one hand it's liberating to let conversation err to where your mind is fixated. After all, a large part of dating is self-advertisement and sex/sex appeal constitutes a lot of that. Just look at how many threads are currently active on these forums regard issues of sexual incompatibility between couples (fact or fiction).

Buuuut, it can really rob some of the pleasantries from early dates to know too much, too soon. I think it really shapes how you perceive and treat the other person, and unless there is some good chemistry going on, that can lead to objectification issues.

Final grumble: it seems as though people like to "compress" dating lately -- trying to get the most from the fewest dates. If you look at it objectively it makes sense, but romance is anything but objective. I think it takes time to fall for someone :smlove2:, and trying to rush through things in 3 dates or less undermines that.

Of course it can go the other way if that's all you want. :hump:

Mal_the_Wolf

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Agreed, claiming to be endowed is like claiming to be good looking. Most men think they are but the reality is a penis like ron jeremy is as common as a face like george clooney. You either see it personally or you're told from by one who has.

Personally, the closest I come to volunteering the information is leaving a magnum condom where it could be found. Most women think big is peter north but some only think its ron jeremy and lex steele, the majority enjoy the surprise, the minority would only be disappointed