Bringing vitamins/supplements through customs (when travelling), a question

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a very basic question. In a couple of days I'm flying to another country and I'm bringing some vitamins with me (Vitamin B, Piracetam, some other innocuous stuff).

What's to stop me from just emptying my vitamin C capsules and throwing in some ecstasy tabs or some other banned substance?

Sniffer dogs? Do they check the capsules?

How do they know that my vitamins are what they claim to be, and not something that may be illegal (in the country I'm trying to enter)?

Just curious.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I don't know how they know but my guess is sniffer dogs.

Certainly for the hold luggage, anyway. Dunno about hand luggage. I wouldn't risk it, that's for sure.

I traveled back from the US recently with 500 Vit D / calcium tablets in my hold luggage and all was well. Of course that's because I didn't do anything stupid like trying to smuggle illegal narcotics in with them. And neither should you.

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know how they know but my guess is sniffer dogs.

Certainly for the hold luggage, anyway. Dunno about hand luggage. I wouldn't risk it, that's for sure.

I traveled back from the US recently with 500 Vit D / calcium tablets in my hold luggage and all was well. Of course that's because I didn't do anything stupid like trying to smuggle illegal narcotics in with them. And neither should you.

Yeah, that'd be retarded beyond belief; I have no plans of attempting that.

I'm just curious how they do it, because I recently found out that Piracetam is illegal in some countries, and I just bought a lot of it (alongside a lot of other vitamins etc).

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh, the sensible thing is to avoid the hassle at airport security and buy what you need when you get there.

I speak as a person who forfeited their favourite-ever facial hair trimming scissors at check-in.

S

superbot

This is a very basic question. In a couple of days I'm flying to another country and I'm bringing some vitamins with me (Vitamin B, Piracetam, some other innocuous stuff).

What's to stop me from just emptying my vitamin C capsules and throwing in some ecstasy tabs or some other banned substance?

Sniffer dogs? Do they check the capsules?

How do they know that my vitamins are what they claim to be, and not something that may be illegal (in the country I'm trying to enter)?

Just curious.
Why do are taking vitamin supplements anyway? There are more than enough vitamins in a well balanced diet as any nutritonist will tell you.Supplements are a complete waste of money!!

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Check your destinations customs and immigration homepage...they are usually very clear about what is and is not legal. I take DHEA for example...Canada considers it an anabolic steriod, so I leave it at home. I also use melatonin to help regulate my sleep when crossing time zones, but it is illegal in most of Europe and Japan.