Britain's Got Talent - check this out.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to trilled, there were 20 girls in my school choir that could sing that good. I think the male last year sang much better. Opera is not my cup of tea.

Yea for real, I mean I hate so say it, but so what? It is like everyone is astounded because she isn't attractive. "OMG an older not really attractive lady has such a beautiful voice what a surprise!!!" In some way I actually think it is kind of offensive to her. Ask yourself this; what separates herself from other good opera singers? The fact that you didn't expect it? If a beautiful 35 year old opera singer sang it would you still have tears in your eyes?

I like her, and think she has a great story and I am glad she has found fame and hopefully fortune because she deserves it after taking care of her mom for so long, but I think the craze that has developed because of her performance just exposes how our society is made up of cognitive misers and stereotype believers (surprise surprise).

What is she going to record, a fucking opera album?

LONG LIVE ADAM LAMBERT THE GREATEST SINGER ALIVE.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoyed her voice and person and all. But the segment is so over produced and planned. Everyone back stage and the judges are so aware of the camera angles. There reaction faces are just so rehearsed and planned. I just hate these shows on that score. I enjoy the performances but just can't watch on a regular basis with the mock fights, mock discoverys etc.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Last edited:

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Uplifting reading so many guys braved sheading a tear while hearing Susan's amazing rendition of Les Miz's "I Dreamed a Dream". Knowing such individuals would add fulfillment to life.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Yea for real, I mean I hate so say it, but so what? It is like everyone is astounded because she isn't attractive. "OMG an older not really attractive lady has such a beautiful voice what a surprise!!!" In some way I actually think it is kind of offensive to her. Ask yourself this; what separates herself from other good opera singers? The fact that you didn't expect it? If a beautiful 35 year old opera singer sang it would you still have tears in your eyes?

I like her, and think she has a great story and I am glad she has found fame and hopefully fortune because she deserves it after taking care of her mom for so long, but I think the craze that has developed because of her performance just exposes how our society is made up of cognitive misers and stereotype believers (surprise surprise).

What is she going to record, a fucking opera album?

These days everyone expects that singers are also good looking people. These days you can have a bad voice and still be a big artist.
What this woman proved is that everyone was amazed by her because of her voice, and in the end, it's all about that. So yes it is was a suprise too many people. But I wasn't suprised that she doesn't look great but have a good voice. The first note she dang was breathtaking. She had the power to let people listen too her without losing concentration. She has a voice that gives you goosebumps. So yes, she is quite unique, especially if she could hide that voice for so many years!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Not to trilled, there were 20 girls in my school choir that could sing that good. I think the male last year sang much better. Opera is not my cup of tea.
Then that was quite a choir, Deno.
Somehow, I doubt it.

It wasn't just her looks ... it was her whole, gangly, unprepossessing persona.
She doesn't have much idea how to present herself.
She's essentially unpackaged.
And yet the talent really bites.
Piers Morgan was right: It was an astonishing surprise.

I think the craze that has developed because of her performance just exposes how our society is made up of cognitive misers and stereotype believers (surprise surprise).

It wasn't just the assumption that a plain looking woman would have a plain sounding voice.
It was her inability to present a sense of the possibility that she might be able to create beauty ... before her mouth opened and the lark flew out.
It's still, in a way, a demonstration of the stupidity of buying into stereotypes ... but this particular stereotype is not quite so foolish as the 'artistic beauty presupposes physical beauty in the artist' assumption.
Artur Rubinstein, one of the great pianists of the 20th Century, was a very plain looking man. Some people described him as ugly. But when he walked on the stage, long before his fingers touched a key, through some magic of electrical transmission or aura or just noble, open posture ... you knew that something great was on the way.
Susan Boyle, at least in her moments on stage prior to singing, not only didn't have any of that, but had the opposite.
If I had been in the audience, I think I would have been expecting a train wreck.
And I'll bet you would have, too, Skull.

An exaggeration, of course, but at least now you're talkin'.
Yo' bud NineInch jus' phukh yo' ass?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Some of the most beautiful music, paintings, dance, poetry, and writings will not be known to most of the world because they are created by ordinary people. It's something I've seen most of my life, and lived myself. Man's superficialness has robbed him of some of the greatest gifts life has to give.
Now, Senor_rubirosa, meet me behind the barn and play a symphony on my flute. :wink:

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was shown this by a friend earlier today. Absolutely beautiful.

Skull, she has a better voice than Adam. Not range, but the quality of her voice is far more appealing. This performance moved me to tears; nothing Adam has done has ever come close to that. His performances are all way too self-indulgent

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What a huge surprise, she truely has a magnificant voice she is made for the rest of her life.

It just to prove how quick we are to judge and form an opinion from peoples looks apprerance. We all have a completely different opininon of her now, so what has changed all she did was sing a song.

A big wake up and realisation for many

I wish her wel; she dreamed the dream, now it is her time to live the dream. She would have been content to sing on a big stage in front of a large audience, that is all she wanted.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ironically, people like Simon Cowell are the reason we have come to believe that a frumpy middle-aged woman cannot have a wonderful voice, and that "stars" are first and foremost Beautiful People, who happen to have a moderate talent for singing. If the "American Idol" mindset had dominated the music industry in the 1960s, we'd have never heard of Janis Joplin, The Mamas and the Papas would have had to kick out Mama Cass to get a record contract, and Carole King would have been told not to bother recording her own songs.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
If you'd read some of the back ground articles on this, you'd have found out that Simon Cowell was giving her a huge plug long before the episode broadcast. He kept talking to his pr peep about her before it aired. He can be brutally honest but the back ground articles show he does have a heart. If you will google Susan Boyle, and read the article in the guardian dated April 18, 2009, you'll see what I'm referring too.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was shown this by a friend earlier today. Absolutely beautiful.

Skull, she has a better voice than Adam. Not range, but the quality of her voice is far more appealing. This performance moved me to tears; nothing Adam has done has ever come close to that. His performances are all way too self-indulgent

Have you watched all his performances? I don't think the "Mad World" or "Tracks of my tears" performances were self indulgent. Nor do I think his performance in Val Kilmer's play was either. But that is kind of beside the point.

How does one say she has a better voice than adam? That is like saying Eddie Van Halen is a better quality of a musician than Allan Holdsworth ain't it? She has a better opera voice than adam, cool. That is it. Far more appealing for who, opera fans? Old people? If they had an american idol type of show for opera singers she would blend in rather than stand out. She is a karaoke opera singer, kudos to her. I'd say the only thing that makes her stand out is her elderly appearance and the fact that no one expected it because of how they judged her appearance.

Have her sing some Tears for Fears, or Michael Jackson, or Steppenwolf [anything other than opera] and it will be on america's funniest home videos. Does she possess any originality in the opera world, aside from her granny smith appearance? And I'm being serious not trying to be a dick, I'm not big in to the opera thing. Did she put her own spin on that song? Was there anything different about what she did, compared to the original?

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/we-love-telly/2009/04/britains-got-talent-susan-boyl-1.html

edit; after I posted this rant I listened to another song she sang and was more impressed than her britain performance. She does certainly have a wonderful quality to her voice, I can't argue there. So shes cool, just not as cool as...THE KING ADAM

Last edited: