Media
Sexuality
No Response
most of the vocal styles today are not what they were
when TALENT was actually talent.

anyone can singalong...i think it really started to become almost
a franchise with new kids on the block
when you could dial 1-900-new-kids to buy the album
that you saw on the infomercial...like an ab-roller.

art is dying.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah it's her voice. You can hear that she is out of breath. She probably is too dumb to lyp-sinc, or they tell her that her mic is on when they replay a polished track. Someone on another site said that she sounded better than they expected, and they say that her "pro-tools" are set to the "I can't sing" mode. :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Am I right that they ar eplaying her voice from her cd's and that she also sings at the same time, but that the sound of her microphone is so silent that people can't hear her?

Yes, her mic is on so she can talk to the audience, but the sound is being played from back stage. They must mute it while she sings badly on stage, or the recorded track is so loud that you can't hear her real voice.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

most of the vocal styles today are not what they were
when TALENT was actually talent.

anyone can singalong...i think it really started to become almost
a franchise with new kids on the block
when you could dial 1-900-new-kids to buy the album
that you saw on the infomercial...like an ab-roller.

art is dying.

Haven't you noticed every 'star' has to be pretty? Your voice doesn't matter. That can be fixed in the studio. You will never be able to sing accapela or sing live without 'boosters' but we can make you a big star.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Haven't you noticed every 'star' has to be pretty? Your voice doesn't matter. That can be fixed in the studio. You will never be able to sing accapela or sing live without 'boosters' but we can make you a big star.

True talent still shines through.

But for the most part I completely agree with you.

These days AK is even hot. At least to me. But she sure as hell didn't break in on her looks.

As far as Britney goes, even though I know it's all fake this still gets me off.:tongue:

D

deleted213967

"The South Park episode devoted to her completely changed my outlook on that person."

Domisoldo, former Britney Detractor

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
I dont care how fake she is. I think of her very fondly as supplying many a theme-tune to my childhood. I hope that she will be remembered for the Britney glory days rather than the sad figure she has become now. :frown1:

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I'm calling that a fake. It sounds like somebody has recorded their voice over the clips.

And how would somebody get their hands on all of those voice clips?

If it is real.... then.... wow.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm calling that a fake. It sounds like somebody has recorded their voice over the clips.

And how would somebody get their hands on all of those voice clips?

If it is real.... then.... wow.

It certainly sounds like her. Everyone knows that she lyp-sincs. A sound person can get their hands on it, it sounds like it was recorded in the back where at one point you can hear someone giving info in the background.

Notice how all the out of breath parts in the bad singing coincide with her movements. It had to be a genius Foley artist to pull it off as a fake.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
More than 90% of the vocalists out there, in every form of music, needs some kind of audio restoration or auto-tune applied to their voices before it goes to print. Some are very close, but even the best still use tricks like compression & reverb to bring out their singing voices stronger.

In theory, NOBODY can sing at perfect pitch naturally. Hearing news about Britney doesn't surprise me at all. But she does know how to make up for the lack of singing ability.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In theory, NOBODY can sing at perfect pitch naturally. Hearing news about Britney doesn't surprise me at all. But she does know how to make up for the lack of singing ability.
I think in theory, LOTS of people can sing with perfect pitch. In practice is where the problem comes in. :p

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
More than 90% of the vocalists out there, in every form of music, needs some kind of audio restoration or auto-tune applied to their voices before it goes to print. Some are very close, but even the best still use tricks like compression & reverb to bring out their singing voices stronger.

That's why I'm a BIG Opera fan........it takes a great singer to sing at the Metropolitan Opera House, it holds @ 5,000 people and the singers do NOT use mikes and are singing over a full symphony orchestra.......Now that's talent.....and for what it's worth, most opera fans don't care what a singer looks like, they are more interested in what they sound like.....(Industrialsize voices come in Industrialsize bodies!)