Britney is in the looney bin...

SpitFireWheels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Maybe now she can finally get the help that she needs. It's very easy for people to say "The whore finally went nuts" but really, we have no idea what's actually going on in her life. With all of that going on in my life + the paps chasing me around, i'm pretty sure 'Id go crazy too. People tend to forget that she's a human being and every human being has a breaking point. I even heard that the paps were banging on the ambulance doors trying to get pictures

It's pretty sickening. I hope she gets the help she deserves/needs

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel bad for her. It's been clear for quite some time she needed to seek intensive psychiatric help. I'm just sorry it had to happen this way. :frown1:

FYI: Looney bin is passe. :mad: It is either a Mental Health Institution or Behavioral Health Institution.

Section 5150 is a section of California'sWelfare and Institutions Code (specifically, the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act or "LPS") which allows a qualified officer or clinician to involuntarily confine a person deemed a danger to himself, herself, and/or others[1] and/or gravely disabled. A qualified officer, which includes any California peace officer, as well as any specifically designated county clinician, can request the confinement after signing a written declaration. When used as a term, 5150 can informally refer to the person being confined or to the declaration itself.

5150 criteria
The criteria for writing requires probable cause. This includes danger to self, danger to others together with some indication, prior to the administering of the hold, of symptoms of a mental disorder, and/or grave disability—as noted below. The conditions must exist under the context of a mental illness and the person must be refusing psychiatric treatment.
  1. Danger to self: The person must be an immediate threat to themselves, usually by being suicidal. Someone who is severely depressed and wishes to die would fall under this category.
  2. Danger to others: The person must be an immediate threat to someone else. A person hearing voices telling to kill someone, having anger management issues, and/or any unusual obsession or behavior with others would fall under this category.
  3. Gravely disabled:
    1. Adult (patients over 18 years of age): The person is unable to provide for his/her food, clothing, and/or shelter, and there is no indication that anyone is willing or able to assist him/her in procuring these needs. This does not necessarily mean homeless, as a homeless person who is able to seek housing (even in a temporary shelter) when weather demands it would not fall under this category.
    2. Minor (patients under 18 years of age): The person is unable to provide for his/her food, clothing, and/or shelter—even if these are supplied directly.
  4. Mental disorder: Undefined by statute or regulation. Page 14 of the LA County LPS Designation Manual states that the initiator must be able to articulate behavioral symptoms of a mental disorder either temporary or prolonged (People v. Triplett,(1983) 144 Cal. App. 3d 283).

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
She is on a mandatory 72 hour hold. After that 72 hours, she is free to do as she pleases. I just hope she opts to stay, or to be transferred to another facility or something - whatever would allow her to continue to get the help she needs. She could very well just walk away and never look back.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
i would have gone postal and killed the paps with a high powered automatic rifle by now. but then again, you are talking to a person who does her grocery shopping in the middle of the night so i dont mow over little blue haired old ladies who park their carts in the middle of the aisle.

JC8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
not only passe, but rude of me, I apologize to any I have offended, I tired to change it but it did not go thru.

Should have gone for Cuckoo's nest. That Jack Nicholson ...

And, shocking even myself, I saw this news a few hours ago and thought "Okay, now I feel sorry for her ..." Then, all was restored with the follow-up musing of "... but not as sorry as I felt when she stopped being hot ..."

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i would have gone postal and killed the paps with a high powered automatic rifle by now. but then again, you are talking to a person who does her grocery shopping in the middle of the night so i dont mow over little blue haired old ladies who park their carts in the middle of the aisle.
I had noticed your penchant for midnight runs to the Piggly-Wiggly :biggrin1:

She is on a mandatory 72 hour hold. After that 72 hours, she is free to do as she pleases. I just hope she opts to stay, or to be transferred to another facility or something - whatever would allow her to continue to get the help she needs. She could very well just walk away and never look back.
I fear that will be the outcome. It seems to be her modus operandi.

Not to mention wildly inaccurate, considering we're talking about the internationally acclaimed
:cool: I think they serve their lithium cocktails in Waterford crystal. :tongue:

not only passe, but rude of me, I apologize to any I have offended, I tired to change it but it did not go thru.
It's a common error, one I have made myself. :redface: That's why I noticed it. :cool:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
She didn't have to go out every day, she loves the paparazzi, she even went on a date with one of them.

There are things you can do when you are a star to avoid them.

She is an attention whore.

She has a little bit of talent and she knows that it is very little.

If she hadn't been lucky with that first hit she would be on welfare in Louisiana. She really is common white trash.

Plus, who goes around showing their va-jay-jay, Yall?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, it's also inaccurate because it's a normal hospital, not a mental facility... she is just in the mental ward of that particular medical hospital.
You are correct.

She didn't have to go out every day, she loves the paparazzi, she even went on a date with one of them.

There are things you can do when you are a star to avoid them.

She is an attention whore.

She has a little bit of talent and she knows that it is very little.

If she hadn't been lucky with that first hit she would be on welfare in Louisiana. She really is common white trash.

Plus, who goes around showing their va-jay-jay, Yall?
I hate to say it, but I agree. But I still think she probably has some sort of mood disorder. Maybe she is bi-polar?

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Can we just please exterminate the entire family so the medical community can use their resources for shit that might actually make a difference in the world? As near as I can tell, no one in that family is of much use....

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You are correct.

I hate to say it, but I agree. But I still think she probably has some sort of mood disorder. Maybe she is bi-polar?

Eh... I doubt she's bi-polar, I just think that she isn't emotionally sound. She obviously feels like she needs attention, she's just going about getting it in the wrong way. She's just insecure.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Can we just please exterminate the entire family so the medical community can use their resources for shit that might actually make a difference in the world? As near as I can tell, no one in that family is of much use....

Yeah, because that's the right way to go about it. :rolleyes: WTF?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, so I'm loony, and I've got to say, you have to do a lot to get 5150'd. In general, if the cops show up at your house they will give you a choice of signing yourself into a mental health facility before they restrain you and take you in against your will. Generally when that happens someone is very, very sick.

Who knows what Britney's diagnosis really is. She has a drug problem and she also had two children very close together, and pregnancy and childbirth can play hell with a woman's psychiatric health.

On one hand I feel bad for her, but on the other I wonder why, since she has more resources than the more garden-variety of us crazies, she didn't take care of herself before it got this bad. Even when you're crazy you're at least somewhat in control of your actions at least some of the time.