Brits Win !!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: Sorry but this has nothing to do with Big Cocks (unless some of the players are hung!) but I have to tell you this:

England have won the Rugby World Cup final!!!!

Yay for the Brits!!!

[​IMG]

For the Brit members: bets on when Jonny Wilkinson will be made a Sir / Lord / King / Saint ? ? ? ? ?

For those those didn't see the match (most of you!), Saint Jonny scored the winning goal in the last 20 seconds of the game.  Yep, just like The Mighty Ducks - but for real!

2. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Rugby? What's that? ???

Lol. Just kidding.

(spoken like a true American) :D

3. Max

Max New Member

:)  It was a great couple of hours, but boy, they kept us hanging on.  I thought at one point they were going to do the trad English thing and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

.. but no, Jonny W will be the toast of every Englishman tonight.  And, as he has pin-up looks, (+ + +) ... the toast of the female half of the nation as well.

Just the best Saturday morning I have spent in a long while.   How's that for typical English understatement?

4. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: Oy Oy Oy Oy Oy Oy!!!!!!

Rugby is that sport where hunky men in short shorts run around in the mud trying to pull the shorts off the guy who has the ball.
    It's also where Rugby shirts came from.

5. Imported

Gold Member

nsh001: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#1 date=11/22/03 at 03:37:56]Rugby?  What's that? ???
    :D[/quote]

Think of American Football as Rugby for wimps. Rugby has the same shape of ball, but the players wear no protection (except maybe a gum shield), don't get regular rests from exertion and aren't allowed to pass the ball forward.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that more people get killed from Rugby injuries than any other sport in the UK. Not sure how true that is, but it's certainly a bloody dangerous game.

6. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: [quote author=Thumper_10x7_CA link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#3 date=11/22/03 at 05:55:58]Rugby is that sport where hunky men in short shorts run around in the mud trying to pull the shorts off the guy who has the ball.[/quote]

Exactly, what more you can you ask for! Well, actually pulling the shorts off the other guy I suppose! Mmmm ... now there's a thought!

7. Max

Max New Member

[quote author=nsh001 link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#4 date=11/22/03 at 06:08:47]

I seem to remember reading somewhere that more people get killed from Rugby injuries than any other sport in the UK. Not sure how true that is, but it's certainly a bloody dangerous game.[/quote]

As in the saying, modelled on the blood donor adverts: "Give Blood -- Play Rugby!"

Going back to TSB's first statement as to the relevance of all this to lpsg.org --- I remember way back in one of the "Art of Coarse Rugby" books (I think), the statement that "in any group of fifteen Englishmen, there will be at least one donkey". Just another reason for national pride?

8. Imported

Gold Member

Andrea: Football (soccer) is without doubt the most popular and competitively fought team ball game in the world.

Rugby Union is second only to football (soccer).

These are facts.

England are the Rugby Union World Champions.

;D

9. Imported

Gold Member

str8_nnj: Rugby? isn't that the sport where the guys dress like soccer players but wear "earmuffs"? Never could figured that out. They can get their teeth kicked out,nose dislocated,eye socket ripped apart...but don't let dirt get in your ears!!!

10. Imported

Gold Member

Andrea: That's right.
    And they are very tough.
    I love them!

Andrea xxxx

11. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: Useless information: 10,000 pubs opened on Saturday morning while the game was on and it is estimated that 37 million pints of beer* were sold!

*Of couse, it is possible it was only one person who bought the beer, in which case he is a serious alcoholic!.

12. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

[quote author=Max link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#6 date=11/22/03 at 06:37:13]
    . . . "in any group of fifteen Englishmen, there will be at least one donkey".     Just another reason for national pride? [/quote]

;D Trust me, 70% the British I met were hung ! I cannot tell the way I found out ;D :p ;D

PS - oh, I'd better : through very honourable bets. (Just cleared the image a bit ;D .)

13. Max

Max New Member

[quote author=str8_nnj link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#8 date=11/22/03 at 19:53:01] Rugby? isn't that the sport where the guys dress like soccer players but wear "earmuffs"? Never could figured that out. They can get their teeth kicked out,nose dislocated,eye socket ripped apart...but don't let dirt get in your ears!!! [/quote]

The "ear muffs" as you call them tend to be worn by the forwards; who are the big men who go down in the scrum. They are head to head and shoulder to shoulder, and ears are vulnerable. The idea is to avoid damage to the ears (cartillage?) from the pressure ... though judging from the number of "cauliflower ears" on display in club rugby it may not be 100% effective.

14. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: Congrats, English rugby fans.

And I thought Australia or New Zealand were always guaranteed a perennial championship. Foolish Yankee.

SG

15. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: [quote author=SpeedoGuy link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#13 date=11/23/03 at 14:56:30]Congrats, English rugby fans.[/quote]
    Thank you Sir SpeedoGuy (as you were dubbed in another thread)!

[quote author=Max link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#6 date=11/22/03 at 06:37:13]in any group of fifteen Englishmen, there will be at least one donkey".     Just another reason for national pride?
    [/quote]
    Yes!

[quote author=nsh001 link=board=99;num=1069500733;start=0#4 date=11/22/03 at 06:08:47]I seem to remember reading somewhere that more people get killed from Rugby injuries than any other sport in the UK. Not sure how true that is, but it's certainly a bloody dangerous game.
    [/quote]
    In order: I believe that is true and yes it is!

16. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: I dunno why my brother likes American Football more, but he always was one 5-second timer short of a grenade.

17. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Orca-

Maybe it's the flashier uniforms? :D

18. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: Hmmm... could be, Rugby ones get ruined-fast!

Draft saved Draft deleted