Broadway Shows

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I saw the Tony Awards last night, and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me more about "Spring Awakening" and "Little Dog Laughed."

Specifically, what is the sexual content of these two plays? Is there any male frontal nudity in either of them? I might have to make a trip to NYC to see some of these new shows. Any information about other hot Broadway shows involving a sexual theme or male nudity would be greatly appreciated too.

And, BTW, can the Tony awards ceremony possibly get any more obviously or overtly gay? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I saw the Tony Awards last night, and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me more about "Spring Awakening" and "Little Dog Laughed."

Specifically, what is the sexual content of these two plays? Is there any male frontal nudity in either of them? I might have to make a trip to NYC to see some of these new shows. Any information about other hot Broadway shows involving a sexual theme or male nudity would be greatly appreciated too.

And, BTW, can the Tony awards ceremony possibly get any more obviously or overtly gay? :rolleyes:

Thanks!
Little Dog Laughed did have full frontal nudity, but it closed.

Spring Awakening does not, or at least not so as you can see.

Broadway Bares, a one night annual strip show is coming up very soon, and may just be your ticket!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Little Dog Laughed did have full frontal nudity, but it closed.

Spring Awakening does not, or at least not so as you can see.

Broadway Bares, a one night annual strip show is coming up very soon, and may just be your ticket!
What he said...But a friend of mine who does B-way bares is touring now with Les Miz, so I'm not going this year! There is plently of frontal nudity at my house!

Stealthblade

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, it would have been nice to see more of Jonathan Groff naked in SPRING AWAKENING beyond his very presentable butt. The full frontal scene in LITTLE DOG featured Johnny Galecki, who was on ROSEANNE. And, for a little guy, he was packin'!

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The TONY Awards do indeed celebrate Broadway and it is a very welcoming and embracing community. As a result, many gay and lesbians feel free to be themselves and not have to hide in a closet. So the TONY's do reflect that and so I guess to most of America or the World they are a bit gay.

The Little Dog Laughed was a truly fun show and Julie White deserved her award. See, that is also a reflection of Broadway, they do remember good work and reward it. Cynthia Nixon won in the same category last year and her show closed earlier in the season as well. Johnny Galecki did frontal and it was a nice sight to see.

Spring Awakening is an awesome show. A real jolt for Broadway...the performers are all awesome and the music is on repeat on my ipod. Bill T. Jones choreography matches the mood spot on. BTW, Jonathan Groff is going to be my new boyfriend. He is talented and he is so goodlooking....as for his butt...oh please, don't get me started.

As for the statue that comes to life in Mary Poppins, well, just goes to show that Broadway is just one hot dancer after another. The scene presented last night didn't show him off to the best though. He kind of got lsot in the crowd and I think the cameras purposely didn't focus on him. A bit of censorship by CBS.

Broadway Bares is coming up this Sunday, June 18...Father's Day. There are two shows only: one at (now don't quote me) 9 pm and one at midnight. Check their website for more info. It is silly and fun and what the heck why not. You get to see some of Broadway's finest dancers, cutting loose strutting their stuff and showing some skin. Worth it. :wink:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What he said...But a friend of mine who does B-way bares is touring now with Les Miz, so I'm not going this year! There is plently of frontal nudity at my house!

I'll take a seat on aisle, please. Hey, down in front...lol. :cool: :wink:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God

Thanks!

How is the celebration of an art gay?

Celebrating art isn't gay in itself. BIGdkluver was referring to the fact some of the Broadway shows and their creators are advancing gay culture. Gone are the days of of the simple "Boy meets Girl"-type of theme; you're now seeing more identifiable gay symbolsand references in the ceremony. For example, during the Tony Awards, more than one recipient said, "my partner and I" whereas the public never would have heard that, even 5 years ago.

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for the great responses, gentlemen! I appreciate your input.

To clarify my "gay" comment, I was indeed referring to the overt references to "my life partner" and male Tony recipients eagerly kissing
their male significant others before coming up on stage. Not that there's anything wrong with that (as Seinfeld would say!). I was just observing how much more open it has become in recent years.

Now I have a new question please: tell me LOTS more about "Broadway Bares!" Never heard of it before. What's the content? Is it just male performers--and do they "bare" everthing?? What's the web site? Sounds like my kind of show!!

Thanks again!

Sibelius8591

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If it's male nudity you're after, you can't miss "Naked Boys Singing".
It's exactly what it implies... The opening number is called "Gratuitous Nudity".

Naked Boys Singing

PS: "Broadway Bares" is a benefit (not an actual Broadway show) for "Equity Fights Aids". I believe it is one performance only. It is only meant to be titilating, as opposed to a "strip show", so you're unlikely to (deliberately) see any 'bits and pieces'.

The majority of the cast are the "gypsies" or ensemble members of currently-running Broadway shows, so you'll see both men and women.