Broadway Shows

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by BIGdkluver, Jun 11, 2007.

1. BIGdkluver

Gold Member

I saw the Tony Awards last night, and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me more about "Spring Awakening" and "Little Dog Laughed."

Specifically, what is the sexual content of these two plays? Is there any male frontal nudity in either of them? I might have to make a trip to NYC to see some of these new shows. Any information about other hot Broadway shows involving a sexual theme or male nudity would be greatly appreciated too.

And, BTW, can the Tony awards ceremony possibly get any more obviously or overtly gay? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

2. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Little Dog Laughed did have full frontal nudity, but it closed.

Spring Awakening does not, or at least not so as you can see.

Broadway Bares, a one night annual strip show is coming up very soon, and may just be your ticket!

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

What he said...But a friend of mine who does B-way bares is touring now with Les Miz, so I'm not going this year! There is plently of frontal nudity at my house!

4. collarpoppin

collarpoppin New Member

Albums:
    How is the celebration of an art gay?

5. omgimhuge

omgimhuge New Member

yeah spring awakening doesnt have any nudity, but it does have a scene where a kid jerks off under his nightgown (its based in 1899...they wore nightgowns i guess)

6. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

The scene they did from Mary Poppins.....was that supposed to be a statue-come-to-life? Looked interesting!

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I know him ; Brian Letendre...Very cute!

8. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I thot that was odd. But he was hot! lol.

9. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

in spring awakening one of the guys pulls his pants down and u see his ass. a nice ass i might add.

10. Stealthblade

Stealthblade New Member

Yes, it would have been nice to see more of Jonathan Groff naked in SPRING AWAKENING beyond his very presentable butt. The full frontal scene in LITTLE DOG featured Johnny Galecki, who was on ROSEANNE. And, for a little guy, he was packin'!

11. playcurious

playcurious New Member

12. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    The TONY Awards do indeed celebrate Broadway and it is a very welcoming and embracing community. As a result, many gay and lesbians feel free to be themselves and not have to hide in a closet. So the TONY's do reflect that and so I guess to most of America or the World they are a bit gay.

The Little Dog Laughed was a truly fun show and Julie White deserved her award. See, that is also a reflection of Broadway, they do remember good work and reward it. Cynthia Nixon won in the same category last year and her show closed earlier in the season as well. Johnny Galecki did frontal and it was a nice sight to see.

Spring Awakening is an awesome show. A real jolt for Broadway...the performers are all awesome and the music is on repeat on my ipod. Bill T. Jones choreography matches the mood spot on. BTW, Jonathan Groff is going to be my new boyfriend. He is talented and he is so goodlooking....as for his butt...oh please, don't get me started.

As for the statue that comes to life in Mary Poppins, well, just goes to show that Broadway is just one hot dancer after another. The scene presented last night didn't show him off to the best though. He kind of got lsot in the crowd and I think the cameras purposely didn't focus on him. A bit of censorship by CBS.

Broadway Bares is coming up this Sunday, June 18...Father's Day. There are two shows only: one at (now don't quote me) 9 pm and one at midnight. Check their website for more info. It is silly and fun and what the heck why not. You get to see some of Broadway's finest dancers, cutting loose strutting their stuff and showing some skin. Worth it. :wink:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

13. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll take a seat on aisle, please. Hey, down in front...lol. :cool: :wink:

14. agnslz

Gold Member

Well, I'd sure love to see this Jonathan Groff's butt!!:biggrin:

15. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Celebrating art isn't gay in itself. BIGdkluver was referring to the fact some of the Broadway shows and their creators are advancing gay culture. Gone are the days of of the simple "Boy meets Girl"-type of theme; you're now seeing more identifiable gay symbolsand references in the ceremony. For example, during the Tony Awards, more than one recipient said, "my partner and I" whereas the public never would have heard that, even 5 years ago.

16. BIGdkluver

Gold Member

Thanks for the great responses, gentlemen! I appreciate your input.

To clarify my "gay" comment, I was indeed referring to the overt references to "my life partner" and male Tony recipients eagerly kissing
    their male significant others before coming up on stage. Not that there's anything wrong with that (as Seinfeld would say!). I was just observing how much more open it has become in recent years.

Now I have a new question please: tell me LOTS more about "Broadway Bares!" Never heard of it before. What's the content? Is it just male performers--and do they "bare" everthing?? What's the web site? Sounds like my kind of show!!

Thanks again!

17. Stealthblade

Stealthblade New Member

18. Sibelius8591

Sibelius8591 New Member

If it's male nudity you're after, you can't miss "Naked Boys Singing".
    It's exactly what it implies... The opening number is called "Gratuitous Nudity".

Naked Boys Singing

PS: "Broadway Bares" is a benefit (not an actual Broadway show) for "Equity Fights Aids". I believe it is one performance only. It is only meant to be titilating, as opposed to a "strip show", so you're unlikely to (deliberately) see any 'bits and pieces'.

The majority of the cast are the "gypsies" or ensemble members of currently-running Broadway shows, so you'll see both men and women.

19. MonsterLuvr

MonsterLuvr Member

Draft saved Draft deleted