Broke my Banjo String!

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by GreekLad, Aug 2, 2009.

1. GreekLad

GreekLad Member

Albums:
    Curious to know if anyone knows what i mean with that title ut basically was with the gf the other week and we got a lil too carried away while i was inside her and i broke the peice of skin inside on the underside of my cock, where it connects the foreskin to the base of your shaft! Never had such pain in my life!:confused: any1 else ever done this? Or also know what that connecting skin is called if it has a particular name?

2. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
  3. mandoman

Gold Member

It's called the frenulum. When mine broke, it kept tearing until I stopped all sex and masturbation, and let it really heal. After that, it never broke again.

4. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

The generic name is frenulum. Also used for the connecting band underneath your tongue or any other similar physical structure with similar function. The frenulum "banjo string" and frenular delta have a lot of sensation [probably why it hurt so bad] and serve to keep your foreskin in place.

Sorry this happened to you. It should cause no lasting harm. Go easy for awhile. Cheers!

5. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    The "thing" is the frenulum. For those who are circumcised, it's a band of skin that connects the foreskin to the head of the penis. The structure is similar to the ridge of skin that holds the tounge to the bottom of the mouth.

It will probably heal on it's own if you keep it clean and give it a chance to heal but, if I torn my penis, I'd go see a doctor.

6. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Naw. Save your money. It costs something like $160 for a first appointment to a doctor now. He'll tell you the same thing we all did. Keep it clean. Maybe use some over the counter polysporin or neosporin antifungal antibacterial ointment on it while it heals. Go easy until it heals completely.

7. B_ytcorp

B_ytcorp New Member

going to side with dxj on this one (unless it gets infected or excessively irritated) keep it cleaned up, go easy on the penis play, and try a little neosporin. penile abrasions can get really irritated if they dry out and crack.

8. Iceman2215

Iceman2215 New Member

Albums:
    I had that happen when I was younger.....fooking painful!! When I read your thread I could almost feel the pain again.

9. guest1980

guest1980 New Member

its happened to me 2 about 5 years ago, it still gives me some trouble now and then. give it time to heal.

10. t1ctac

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh god, just reading that makes me want to vomit, sorry to hear that dude.

11. D_Ezra Pounder

D_Ezra Pounder New Member

man in greek the term is "χαλινό" so you should give it time to heal.
    has happened to me once and it f@cking hurt like hell.

12. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Hey, GreekLad, welcome to LPSG and thanks for your post.

As others have mentioned, the area you ripped is called your frenulum. It comes from the Latin word "frenum" , meaning bridle. (The Spanish word for the brakes of a car is "frenos", from the same root.) In anatomy, a frenulum is any tegument that limits the reach of other tissue. You have a frenulum that helps keep your foreskin in place, a frenulum between your thumb and index finger, a frenulum under your tongue and a very distinct frenulum between your upper gum and upper lip, under your philtrum (you can feel it with the tip of your tongue).

My dad tore his frenulum once in college and said it hurt like a bitch. The only way for it to heal properly is to give it a rest, with appropriate care. But it generally does heal up pretty well.

The preputial frenulum is an important part of the anatomy because it is the site of much of the blood flow to the distal glans and meatal lips, preventing meatal stenosis. It's part of a long seam (raphe) that actually runs from your anus, across your perinaeum (taint), up the underside of your cock, to your peehole. Since the frenulum is so vascularized, it tends to bleed a scary amount when injured (as you probably experienced). It's designed to be stretchy, but it also can serve as a guide to let us know how much to mediate the vigor of wanking or fucking.

Give it 3 weeks "off duty" it and it should be fine. Some guys find rubbing vitamin E on the area helps keep it more supple, but that varies. Best of luck!

13. B_ytcorp

B_ytcorp New Member

if all else fails take pride in the fact that you did it having sex lol, I got my scrote caught in my trimmers once when the guard fell off..... $%&*#($!

14. DJConcrete

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    jesus!I just got that bad tingle feeling in my balls man.Let it heal up real good befor you do anything sexual.

15. Smythy1610

Smythy1610 New Member

Hey, Greeklad:

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Lots of great adivce here, especially about giving it a rest, keeping it clean and the the antibiotic creams and such. I did the same sort of thing (without the pleasure of the sex part) when I was a kid. I was too embarrased to seek help (divorced single mom, no doctor or medical insurance then either) so I just kept quiet about it and pulled the foreskin up over the glans to hide it (I shared a bedroom with three brothers, was in High school, gym 5 days a week and didn't dare go into the showers with a bandage on my boo boo). Well, it healed without infection, but it grafted itself to the underside of my glans so I was unable to pull the foreskin back more than halfway over the glans. I was such a loner, it didn't diminish my sexual encounters any, but I knew if I wanted to become active I had to do something...on my own.

I eventually had to performe my own surgery (gives me the creeps now, just thinking of it) but I followed all the antiseptic sterile techniques. But the tricky part was bandaging it so it would not self-graft or creat scar tissue that would limit the free movement of the foreskin.

My advice is, if you can accomplish it, bandage the foreskin back away from the glans for a couple of days (they have some great fabric backed bandage material now which will not cause so much irritation as when I did it). Use the antibacterial cream, as this will keep the wound moist and pliable, as well as infection free. If you can remain out of the public eye for a few more days, a piece of sterile gause and cream between your foreskin and glans as a buffer to prevent grafting could help. Good luck!

Smythy1610

16. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Thanks for that additional bit of crucial information Smithy. I wouldn't have thought of it. All I know about foreskins is from study and second hand.

17. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Albums:

Exact the same happened to me at the age of 12 or 13. There was a lot of blood and pain, but no one ever noticed it. Looking back now, I can say that I was 'lucky' that it happened this way. My freanulum was too tight to allow the foreskin to uncover my dick head completely. If it wasn't broke already it would have broke during one of the first times I was penetrating my (future) wife.
    Maybe you Greeklad have the same: a tight freanulum and a short foreskin. My cock looks circumcised but it is not!

My advice: keep it clean and it will heal in a few days. Quit masturbating or penetration for a week or so. Use a good lubrication for a while and you will see that the tissue will become stronger.
    In my case: my 'banjo string' never grew back, but I don't miss that.

18. eurotop40

Gold Member

I had mine cut by the doctor. It was not vascularized so I had very little bleeding. Now the underside is totally smooth and the glans ridge looks perfectly V-shaped. When pulling back it is like removing a sock.

19. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Torn mine a few years back, but did it quite badly, to the point of needing a frenuoplasty (A fren Breve, short banjo string in lamens terms).

TBH, all really depends on how bad the tear is, as what is needed to be done, but like most have mentioned, lay of shagging for a few weeks, keep it dry, and use a light bandage, with anti-septic cream, and you should be fine..... however, if you are in any doubt, get a nurse / doc to give it a quick check for reassurance.

20. liberia

liberia New Member

Albums:
    Same thing happened to me, but I have had no trouble since getting it circumcised.

Draft saved Draft deleted