Broken heart

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by saphire, Aug 8, 2010.

1. saphire

saphire New Member

Albums:
    When you loved someone and you've Realized its not going to work how do you mend a broken heart? Deal with the pain and anger?

2. jennifer1980

jennifer1980 New Member

I keep myself busy and try not to think about the past and focus on the future!

3. QvX

QvX New Member

Albums:
    yes, that works the best, someone broke my heart a year ago and it still bugs but i keep myself busy buy working out, hanging out with friends, and working, seems to help, but i do think about her at least everyday. so it takes some time i will tell you that.

4. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with the above posters! Time makes it better eventually. Soon weeks go by and you start feeling better. The best thing to do is seperate yourself from the person and the places they hang out at. Find ways to stay busy, workout, take a class, make new friends, etc.

Goodluck, it will get better.

5. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

I just cry alot and listen to sad songs (usually 'our' songs) to make the pain as bad as anything then after that the pain feels less severe.

I avoid situations and places he/she will be for a while and then get myself all dolled up and go for a pampering at the beauty salon and feel loads better having some 'me time'

Then,i strut my stuff down the street and hold my head high and think " Well it is his/her loss,not mine!"

Well, it works for me!

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

The idea of a broken heart to me means that it will never work properly and be able to feel love or give love again. Mostly we all suffer from a bruised heart that will heal and you can move on to the life and the love you were supposed to have but had to have this experience in order to help move you in the right direction.
    I always went shopping and out to a really nice lunch to plan the next step. If it's really bad get your hair done and call a friend and get drunk and cry to help get it out of your system faster.

7. saphire

saphire New Member

Albums:
    Thank you all for your responses! I go back to work on Monday so that keeps me busy! And I think in couple weeks I get hair done And go. Get drunk! I do cry a lot.

8. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Awww!! Goodluck honey it will get better, time heals everything if you let it!:smile:

9. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

It isnt unhealthy to cry Saphire,it's healing i think.

I had my heart broken in the worst way possible and i thought i would never smile again but i did and i do and remember things with a smile now.

10. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I know it doesn't help everyone, but screwing someone else always helps me. It gives my mind something else to focus on. Plus giving it time, as the others have said.

11. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    LMAO:biggrin1: You amuse me chica!:wink:

Sometimes I think it would be nice to feel so free! It's nice that we are all so different and have our own little quirky ways of making things better again!

#11 HiddenLacey, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
  12. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I can appreciate this concept of a bruised heart, but if things don't work out repeatedly (and I'm not specifically referring to saphire's situation)...I think a person might be wise to step back and reconsider whether they are indeed relationship material, or not. I have concluded that having a broken heart (in repetition) is a good sign that someone is just better off finding happiness from within, and not seeking it from someone else.

I know the amount of time it takes for me to get over a failed relationship has increased the older I've gotten, and right now I just don't have the energy or interest to put into another relationship. Maybe that's not such a bad thing either?

13. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Thanks! (I think :wink::biggrin1:).

There's something here for everyone :smile:

My confession: I didn't even need the screwing someone else technique with the last ex. I was so pissed off that he didn't love my cat that I only cried for 45 minutes :biggrin1:. So there's another solution - think of all the things they did that annoyed you. Just don't use that one if you intend to stay friends.

14. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:

Everyone has to find happiness from within ex, or they aren't going to find it anywhere, relationship or no relationship. I have not seen a single post in this thread that did not contain good advice. This gratifies me :grouphug:

15. luka82

Gold Member

This world is full of people. You will find someone new, give it some time. Heart needs to heal.
    Think positive, think you will find someone better next time around.

16. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

The best way to get over an old man, is to get under a new one.

17. MisterVIP

MisterVIP Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Wanna get over someone, SK? :tongue:

18. saphire

saphire New Member

Albums:
    You all are very sweet and so funny. I'm laughing already. And ex maybe it is because I have invested so much energy into my past relationship and now I need to start all over climb under a new man! Lmao

19. saphire

saphire New Member

Albums:
    You all are very sweet and so funny. I'm laughing already. And ex maybe it is because I have invested so much energy into my past relationship and now I need to start all over climb under a new man! Lmao Who needs a man when have all of you.

20. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Honey, time is the only salve I know. Anything else is a distraction, but distractions are good to help pass the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted