broken penis frenulum

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi all, could do with a bit of advice if I can

As the title suggests I've recently had the frenulum (i.e. the bit of skin that attaches the tip of your cock to the rest of the foreskin) break completely. There had been some minor tearing beforehand (which I went to see a doc about and he said it was nothing to worry about) and it happened during some pretty energetic sex, and there was a fair bit of bleeding as you'd imagine but only a tiny wound.

Aside from the additional stress of this occurring whilst visiting my inlaws in Ireland (I know, it sounds like a sitcom plot, they are devout catholics as well, must've been divine retribution) it seemed ok, the bleeding stopped pretty quick, and the doc I saw (who wasn't the crusty old geezer who ran the practice but the young, female junior GP, but meh, she's a professional and I was all embarrassed out for one day by that point anyway...) told me that as long as the foreskin moves back and forth over the head ok (which it did and does) it should be fine...

Generally she was right, it's mostly fine, looks a bit odd with the foreskin back but that's no big deal, only thing is it's still very sensitive around that area under my cock's head, it's a bit painful sometimes when I first penetrate during sex, but especially when my girlfriend starts blowing me, it's ok after a while but can be quite painful to start with, and whilst she normally loves giving head this puts her off (and I can't blame her at all, if she started wincing in pain when I started going down on her it would sure as hell put me off).

I've looked around on health sites and stuff and can't find much helpful out there, so was wondering if anyone out there had had the same thing happen or knew about it and could maybe tell me:

Does that over sensitivity on the underside of your head subside after a while? or if not is there anything you can do to reduce it?

And are there any further problems/complications that can happen down the line if your frenulum breaks?

P.S. I know that a circumcision would probably make all this irrelevant but I've had 30 years to get used to having a foreskin and would prefer to keep it unless medical neccessity dictated otherwise, don't wanna wade into the uncut vs cut debate here, would just rather try to keep my knob the way it is if possible :smile:

AlphaSpartan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just give it some healing time without masturbating. I've never heard of this happening but sounds kind of like a hymen situation.

thth001

Just Browsing
Media
I wish people wouldnt comment on shit they dont know anything about. The same thing happened to me. I have always had a tight foreskin, so one day when i was getting a blow job and my partner was going for it, it ripped. There was alot of blood but it quickly stopped. It was sensitive for a week or so then went to normal.The only bad part was it hadnt ripped all the way down and it ripped 2 more times after this initail breakage. It was quite frustrating. I also went to the doctor. Its no big deal, we just didnt have it break off and stretch like it should through puberty. The good news is now it goes all the way back over my head no worries. I suggest u dont have sex, wank or get a blow job for at least 10 days and give it proper time to heal and strengthen again. its like a normal cut it needs time to heal and it is a sensitive area. The sensitiveness will go away and u will be back in fine form in no time. where it ripped is now a slight scar but nothing overly bad. Hope this helps.

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wish people wouldnt comment on shit they dont know anything about. The same thing happened to me. I have always had a tight foreskin, so one day when i was getting a blow job and my partner was going for it, it ripped. There was alot of blood but it quickly stopped. It was sensitive for a week or so then went to normal.The only bad part was it hadnt ripped all the way down and it ripped 2 more times after this initail breakage. It was quite frustrating. I also went to the doctor. Its no big deal, we just didnt have it break off and stretch like it should through puberty. The good news is now it goes all the way back over my head no worries. I suggest u dont have sex, wank or get a blow job for at least 10 days and give it proper time to heal and strengthen again. its like a normal cut it needs time to heal and it is a sensitive area. The sensitiveness will go away and u will be back in fine form in no time. where it ripped is now a slight scar but nothing overly bad. Hope this helps.

Thanks for you advice man, it does help, but I never had a tight foreskin, it always rolled out and in just fine, and giving it ten days doesn't matter, it's completely broken and won 't heal, not to sound super negative but I was after advice as to how to deal with this once it has happened

thth001

Just Browsing
Media
my advice was for this. it happened to me wen i say heal i mean you have ripped skin inside your foreskin. it need time to heal it self without friction from sex or other sources. otherwise the wound wilk oopen up agian and be sensitive

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My BF had this happen several times and finally manned up and went to a doctor. The doctor who is NOT a fan of circumcision told him there's two ways to fix it. One way is a full on circ but he wanted to remove just the frenulum and see if that helped resolve the problem. It did. BF's foreskin now goes back and forth much easier than before and of course there's no more tearing and bleeding episodes. He also has more fun because before he was always afraid of pulling to hard, sex without a condom etc.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How long ago did the initial tearing and the new injury occur?

thth001 is right in that it should, given time (could be up to a month) without being disturbed heal in this new state with the fren being separated from the foreskin. Also, wounds in damp areas take a little longer to heal. One thing that might help speed this process is to retract your foreskin whenever you have naked time to let the air dry it out.

Once the skin heals over and it no longer hurts you may want to massage the area gently to prevent hard scar tissue from forming. Or not, some people like the sensation of a foreign hard object a la piercings rubbing against their cock. Up to you.

One thing I'd suggest is to avoid oral until the skin has fully reformed. No matter what hygiene we employ the human mouth contains some nasty bacteria you just don't want on open wounds. You could experiment with strictly ball play for a while, perhaps?

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had my frenulum removed about a year ago (I am otherwise intact). That's the best thing I could ever do. Now retraction is like pulling back a sock and it goes back forever, so to speak. Only thing, I'd like to have a perfectly smooth surface where the frenum was and it seems not possible to obtain.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My frenulum was not vascularized and was really just a bridge of skin, so it was easy to cut (almost no bleeding). This had the advantage to really remove any site with skin folds that might be (theroetically) difficult to clean. The underneath of the glans is very sensitive anyway, so I had actually no problem with sensitivity. I can't anyway cover the glans completely (am a sort of semicut).

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had my frenulum removed about a year ago (I am otherwise intact). That's the best thing I could ever do. Now retraction is like pulling back a sock and it goes back forever, so to speak. Only thing, I'd like to have a perfectly smooth surface where the frenum was and it seems not possible to obtain.

My BF when he had his removed went back and had a plastic surgeon laser the scar so to speak and now it's perfectly smooth there. His skin is like yours; it goes back "forever" as you say. I really is glad he had it done this way.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My BF when he had his removed went back and had a plastic surgeon laser the scar so to speak and now it's perfectly smooth there. His skin is like yours; it goes back "forever" as you say. I really is glad he had it done this way.
Oh, my doctor said that the laser would produce a scar... strange. I'll have to go and ask again. Thanks for the information.

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sorry thth0001, misunderstood you there. Thanks guys, this really helps, the concensus seems to be give it time and the over sensitivity should go away and otherwise I don't have much to worry about...

If I might ask the guys who had it removed, was it purely about improving the foreskin rolling action? I just kinda miss my frenulum because having it licked and teased drove me wild so i find it intersting that some guys get it removed deliberately

steve2727

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Gillette the initial tearing started about a year ago and the frenulum broke completely just before xmas, that's why I'm a little concerned it's still over sensitive 3 months down the line, but hopefully it's just taking a bit more time to heal

S

SirConcis

The frenulum area is the slowest to heal in the penis. Give it time and patience. Try to abstain from streneous sexual activity, and apply some polysporin cream to help it heal.

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I recently sucked off a guy who had a very tightly attached frenulum - I could feel it taught, like a tightly stretched string on my tongue. I did actually worry about hurting him if I worked him too hard. But no damage done, and he came back for seconds not five minutes after his first shot.