Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If this story is true, this is an interesting bit of bromance.

Title:
I’m an Otherwise Straight Man (Who Fell in Love with His Best Friend)

- See more at: I'm an Otherwise Straight Man (Who Fell in Love with His Best Friend) -
- [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

He doesn't say in this or any of the subsequent posts if they became sexual, or if this became their only/primary relationship. If you are with someone and feel this happening to you, do you broach this with your current partner? How? How do you say that someone else is filling a need for you without implying there is something wrong with your current relationship?

He doesn't say in this or any of the subsequent posts if they became sexual, or if this became their only/primary relationship. If you are with someone and feel this happening to you, do you broach this with your current partner? How? How do you say that someone else is filling a need for you without implying there is something wrong with your current relationship?

It is tough to speak directly to your question since I am not exactly sure what your situation is or what you are considering doing.

I found the article valuable since it discussed emotion and relationship between two guys who otherwise considered themselves to be straight.

So much of what is described on LPSG as a relationship begins with having sex with another guy. Then one of the guys starts giving consideration to the idea that he might actually like the person beyond his body parts and how he complimented his view in the mirror.

This article is generally opposite to the LPSG approach. Two guys become intimate fiends to the degree that issues of straight or gay become secondary (and likely irrelevant) issues.

Reactions: Jake1973

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It is tough to speak directly to your question since I am not exactly sure what your situation is or what you are considering doing.

I found the article valuable since it discussed emotion and relationship between two guys who otherwise considered themselves to be straight.

So much of what is described on LPSG as a relationship begins with having sex with another guy. Then one of the guys starts giving consideration to the idea that he might actually like the person beyond his body parts and how he complimented his view in the mirror.

This article is generally opposite to the LPSG approach. Two guys become intimate fiends to the degree that issues of straight or gay become secondary (and likely irrelevant) issues.

Well yea... but when you're talking about a level of emotional and physical intimacy that goes beyond friendship, I wonder if the partner(s) have a right to some transparency... if your boyfriend is suddenly using another dude as a pillow, having long text convo's etc., I would think it would be natural to be a little curious-to-jealous. And I would think that's true if your romantic relationship is hetero or homo. Although bromance is clearly common enough to be "a thing" it is still not the way that routine male friends treat each other and has the trappings of something more.

Well yea... but when you're talking about a level of emotional and physical intimacy that goes beyond friendship, I wonder if the partner(s) have a right to some transparency... if your boyfriend is suddenly using another dude as a pillow, having long text convo's etc., I would think it would be natural to be a little curious-to-jealous. And I would think that's true if your romantic relationship is hetero or homo. Although bromance is clearly common enough to be "a thing" it is still not the way that routine male friends treat each other and has the trappings of something more.

If my boyfriend were to be connecting with another guy (other than me) in and intimate sort of way I would consider that behavior out of line and one that devalued our relationship. That is how I would see it, and if my boyfriend didn’t see it that way, then he would need to explain himself.

There could be lots of exceptions. For example if the other guy was someone we both had a close relationship with, then that would be another story.

Did I miss something or is there a specific relationship situation you have reference to?

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If my boyfriend were to be connecting with another guy (other than me) in and intimate sort of way I would consider that behavior out of line and one that devalued our relationship. That is how I would see it, and if my boyfriend didn’t see it that way, then he would need to explain himself.

There could be lots of exceptions. For example if the other guy was someone we both had a close relationship with, then that would be another story.

Did I miss something or is there a specific relationship situation you have reference to?

No, not talking about a specific situation But your response is what I think most people would say. A friendship that is intimate, even if it's not sexual, is going to pose a challenge.

Jake1973

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

My question was kinda aimed at anybody reading this thread who found themselves in that situation. There was another thread about bromance where a guy reported he and his (male) roommate were really cuddly together and his girlfriend loved it. But like you said I think that is unusual and I'm guessing requires a high degree of security in yourselves and the relationship.

No, not talking about a specific situation But your response is what I think most people would say. A friendship that is intimate, even if it's not sexual, is going to pose a challenge.

Partners have a unique relationship. They need to freely make up the rules they live by with each other and stick to them.

Anyone else who comes to fill a part in the partner’s lives should be limited to what works for the partners. This includes bro-friends, family members; members of opposite sex, and all loved ones and friends.

I have seen relationships between partners and bro-friends be very intimate and caring. They might even include what could be called sex play, but this would not occur outside the full knowledge and comfort zone of either partner or the bro-friend.

Just my view

Reactions: Jake1973

TheMeatyProfessor

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Turns out they got married last fall.

https://www.theknot.com/us/mike-iam...nov-2017-39a4e10d-cef7-4b7c-ac15-45b302612fbd

Congrats!

Reactions: 622675

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i've always had this fantasy that there's alot of Farm Bromance going on out there, u know, living out in the sticks, few social opportunities, you take comfort in being closer than average to your best friend......stand by me style
tumblr_meslckf4wm1qki043o1_500.jpg

i've always had this fantasy that there's alot of Farm Bromance going on out there
And that is how it used to be. Not sure how it is now.

Back then a bromance might be just two guys, or could include 2 to 4 others. The community generally recognized the group as “ close friends” and considered them as a social unit in much the same way as a fraternity might be seen on a university campus.

In smaller communities a bromance was easier to form and maintain since it’s members often shared a connection through family members and participation in common activities such as school, work, and family enterprise.

One key to the “good-old-boy” bromance was that it’s members shared close proximity to each other. You had a lot of private time to spend together and almost couldn’t help getting to know all about each other.

Many of the organic elements of a bromance disappeared when schools and communities grew so large that guys had no connection with each other outside of the classroom.
XXXsouth texas shower.jpg

Few rules at the fishing/hunting cabin
xxx how big des it get.jpg

It is OK to ask how big does it get.
xxx the boys.jpg

Just doing stuff
xxx the boys-2.jpg

Come get it. Everyone here has seen it.
xxxneighbor hit by skunk.jpg

Neighbor rancher gets sprayed by a skunk. Get out of the clothes. Stay out of the truck. Send Guys to get him some fresh clothes.
Guys have a good laugh about the situation and no one is too shy to comment on size of his dick and compare to others they know.

meningreentights

Superior Member
Media
Years ago, bromances were encouraged by wives. They could get their husband to disappear when he was working their nerves. They'd do it indirectly but it was planned. Jr., it sure has been a long time since you and Bubba went fishing. I checked the freezer, and we're getting low on bass. You've been working so hard lately. You should relax.