Brothers Arson Attack On Gay Bar ...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Nelly Gay, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Two brothers set light to a Bolton town centre bar bar because it was popular with gays.
    Glennon Dickinson (a registered schizophrenic) and Darren Wilson started the fire because they did not agree with the lifestyle of the pub's customers and felt their actions were justifiable because gays were "filth" and "carriers of disease".
    Nobody was injured.
    The brothers are likely to be detained under the Mental Health Act under they no longer pose a risk to members to the public ....

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Its a sad thing to say but i very much doubt homophobia will ever be a thing of the past. In all walks of life and all mentalities it will exsist because of ignorance, religion, denial and people being scared of change

3. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

now this is a clear example of homophobia, inarguably

the one thing thats annoying is they say "a registered schizophrenia".....as if a schizophrenic has to "register". Also gives the impression schizophrenics are dangerous when the vast majority are not. I think (i havent looked at those stats for a while).....they were, on average, as dangerous as the general population

4. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Who can be pretty dangerous in their own write !

5. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Without knowing much about English law and the situation itself, I still worry that being a "registered schizophrenic" will be the basis for that individual's defense. Specifically, the schizophrenic was incited to commit arson and therefore he's not responsible for his actions.

6. D_Peacocke Rimplougher

we called it "sectioned" in the UK. They don't get much say if they are locked up for treatment, often it's friends or family members that do the "registering"

7. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Like that old chestnut from days of yore, "homosexual panic".
    Peter Sutcliffe tried for a plea of mental illness preferring the idea of a short(er) hospital stay rather than life in a tough prison ....
    Hate is hate, regardless of the person's mental status !
    Genetic predisposition too with two homophobic brothers .

Draft saved Draft deleted