Brown hair not as attractive?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_superlarge, Mar 1, 2008.

1. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

It seems to me that when women are choosing an alternate hair color from their natural they either dye it blond or black, and on occasion red perhaps. I'm not saying they never choose brown, it's bound to happen, but I can't seem to think of any instances.

This leads me to think women may not prefer brown hair on guys either. Come to think of it, I believe Elvis was naturally brown haired but when he became famous he suddenly chose to keep it jet black looking. Would seem to indicate he wasn't too fond of his brown hair, I suppose.

2. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

There's nothing wrong with it on a woman and I don't think they themselves think it's unattractive. I suspect the dyeing has more to do with wanting to be bold/striking - to get away from the slight plain-Jane feel that brown might have to it.

3. snoozan

Gold Member

I dye my hair brown-- just a little darker and richer than my natural color. I've done every color of the rainbow, but at the moment I prefer brown. It's not as odd as you think-- it's just that so many people have naturally brown hair and that it's not a shocking color it's not as obvious as a blonde or a black that it's been colored. TBH, blonde, red and especially black are not very flattering on everyone. Blonde hair has a tendency to turn brassy and make your hair look fried, while black seems to be too cold and harsh for most people. Red hair requires the right complexion.

There is no better haircolor. It's what works best for your skin tone, hair cut, hair type, personal style and preference. Having had my fair share of dyejobs, I recommend going to a stylist who is good with color.

In men, just as women, I like whatever suits them best. I don't think one color is better than others, nor do I think most women think that way.

4. musclekid

musclekid Member

i'd agree with everyone here so far who said it doesn't matter. the plain jane statement (earlier) makes sense, too. also, i've never noticed girls paying much attention to a guy's hair color.

BUT, i think there is something going on with a guy dyeing his hair. What I mean is, my younger bro (middle school) is going thru this Emo/punk phase thing where he just dyed his hair black. once he did that he was literally swarmed by girls (like 5x more than usual). And the first day he did it -- maybe even the first whole month -- i have never seen a guy get such easy attention from chicks in my life. imagine a bunch of screechy little gals jabbering around "oh can i TOUCH it? oh it's so CUTE" Etc. Now a couple of nights a week it seems he has some little follower camped out on the couch with him, stroking his hair. He can be pretty smart once in a while.

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

A large number of women and men use brown hair dyes to enhance, change or restore their haircolour. This is not so noticable as the tones achieved from these dyes are much more natural than the reds and blacks - and we all know the telltale signs of a non natural blonde.

Look at the range of dyes in the supermarket - there are more shades of brown, I would say, in most brands than there are of other colours.

I dye my hair brown - It is light brown and sometimes I go a little darker, some times a lot darker, sometimes with a hint of red, etc., etc.. A lot of the other brunettes I know do this too.

And as for whether chosen hair colour for ones self is a reflection of not liking a certain hair colour in others... well nonsense. What we think suits ourselves and what we find desireable in others are not necessarily the same, in fact I'd say they are rarely the same - except maybe for narcissists.

6. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Blonde and black are the sexiest hair colours on women.

I'm no expert but I think women dye their hair to help them stand out. Having brown hair won't make you stand out when everyone else has brown hair.

7. B_lamdellboo

B_lamdellboo New Member

Personally, I find brown to be uber sexy.

Grrr.

8. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I like brunettes and redheads. But that's probably something to do with being (quite) blonde myself. One thing that's very annoying for me is the fact that my eyebrows are quite dark (blackish), and my facial hair is much darker as well. My hair bleaches in the sun quite noticeably. So it looks fake and I'm constantly batting off accusations of bleaching it and the negative connotations people try and put with it. Not that I care much about the connotations, but the fact that they're based on an untruth that is a tad conflicting with evidence is annoying.

9. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

My hair has always been the darkest brown you can get without being black with auburn highlights. I didn't start using dye until the grays started coming in. The color I use is so close to my natural color that roots can't be detected. And I have never had any problems with men finding my hair color unattractive.

10. Mandee

Gold Member

My hair is naturally red and I have never in my life colored or highlighted it in any way. I think it looks so fake most of the time when women color their hair red, and I am not going to color mine until it is absolutely necessary.

11. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

no way!!!!! i love men with dark hair, brown or black. i can't get enough of em and would definitely take a brunette man over a man with lighter hair any day (not that i don't find lighter hair attractive, i just prefer darker hair). plus i've always found that men with darker hair are better lovers too :biggrin1:

12. KONAN

Gold Member

Personally, I love the firecrotches!!!!

HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!:biggrin1:

13. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

I have dark brown hair and I love it, I've gone the bleached blonde route in my younger days, but having hair dry as straw is not fun.

For women, I like blonde and brown, but I have a soft spot for redheads.

14. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Well Mr. Hardcock, I guess you just like me for my breast, cause I don't have any shades you mentioned. :wink:
    I just wondered myself what is the fascination for blonde hair. Thanks for posting this topic. Myself I prefer dark brown or black hair. Oh mine is considered to be dark brown. I have never colored my hair. But it depends on what my gray hair will look like soon. (Yes, I found a few strands)

15. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

Dark black is good too.:wink:

16. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

When it comes to men, i've always been more attracted to men with dark hair. I dont have much of a preference with skin tone. I think my genetics prevent me from being attracted to light haired men, they remind me way to much of my brother subconciously i think. I've only had one boyfriend with light brown/blonde hair. As for women, naturally blonde (not fake and dyed), redheads (i could care less if its real or not as long as they are pale or else it just looks weird), and pretty much any color inbetween.

Dark hair for men, any color on women as long as it isnt a bad dye job.

17. snoozan

Gold Member

agreed.

18. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

Well, since I brought the topic up I'll say what my hair color is: black.

19. Perriwinkle52

Perriwinkle52 New Member

Me too JMIH...!

20. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I think it's more than brown hair is common.

Draft saved Draft deleted