Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This might come off as kind of rambling, but here goes.

I believe in the sisterhood of women.

I believe in the raising of each other up, telling each other when the tag of your shirt is hanging out, when there is something stuck in your teeth, your cutlet is sticking out of your cleavage, handing a stranger toilet paper under a stall, handing out hard truths to a friend, handing out tampons to randoms in bathrooms, warning each other about the creep at work, checking out that weird spot in a private area, accompanying each other to scary doctor appointments, laughing when your besties underwear snaps in an awkward location, loaning one other your absolute best outfit, comforting crying women in the club bar when some asshole treats her poorly (lot of stuff happens in the bathroom - it’s why we go in packs), watching each other’s drinks and purses and pets and apartments, keeping each other’s secrets.

My god, the list goes on.

Recently, one of the ladies here shared something so wonderful here that it literally made me cry. I was thrilled for her. I worried for her. I had all kinds of feelings for her. We ladies love her with a ferocity that if anyone tried to hurt her, there’d be no limit on what we’d do for her. We have a sisterhood here.

Also recently, some woman posted that she was “different” than the rest of us. Really? I always wonder about such women. Women who buck the sisterhood. Maybe they just haven’t met the right women yet.

We have women here who have had few women friends, but yet are close with us. Why? Maybe we were the right women. We are all different, but have found such a kinship with each other.

Tl;dr. Why the hell do some women feel the need to hate on other women, when our relationships can really provide so much? Do you think men have the same thing?

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
We do and I honestly feel outside of both sexes, but much closer to women. I thank you for bringing this up because to me much of it stems out of fear, envy, greed, jealousy.--you name it. I'm sure others will well respond with their own take, but it does happen on both sides and to make it stop, I so wish that I knew.

I think it CAN be hard to find your girl-tribe because there can be a lot of haters. Lotza Bitchez. Girls who will tell everyone BUT you that your skirt is tucked into your gutchies. Girls who will steal your man just to make herself feel wanted. Etc. And it SUCKS.

Generally, I would say that I'm a "guy's girl" because I like hot cars and sports and bourbon and find fart jokes to be funnier than I probably should. I don't hold grudges (at least not until you've done something twice), say what I mean, don't gossip, swear like a trucker... and generally prefer the company of men based on these attributes. It's just easier for me because the thought of talking about the Kardashians or local gossip makes me want to poke my eyes out. It's taken me a LONG time to find my tribe IRL and I cherish it. I have found a few other "guy's girls" and we are thick as thieves. No gossip, no drama, just support and a metric shit-ton of shenanigans. It's awesome.

Why the Ladies of LPSG/Easy Bake Coven get along? I think it boils down to one thing... acceptance. We don't have to agree but we still respect the woman and accept the different opinion and move on to the next topic. Plus, I think minorities seek kinship... and this is a pretty interesting place to find it.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media

I believe in the raising of each other up, telling each other when the tag of your shirt is hanging out, when there is something stuck in your teeth, your cutlet is sticking out of your cleavage, handing a stranger toilet paper under a stall, handing out hard truths to a friend, handing out tampons to randoms in bathrooms, warning each other about the creep at work, checking out that weird spot in a private area, accompanying each other to scary doctor appointments, laughing when your besties underwear snaps in an awkward location, loaning one other your absolute best outfit, comforting crying women in the club bar when some asshole treats her poorly (lot of stuff happens in the bathroom - it’s why we go in packs), watching each other’s drinks and purses and pets and apartments, keeping each other’s secrets.

Recently, one of the ladies here shared something so wonderful here that it literally made me cry. I was thrilled for her. I worried for her. I had all kinds of feelings for her. We ladies love her with a ferocity that if anyone tried to hurt her, there’d be no limit on what we’d do for her. We have a sisterhood here.

Also recently, some woman posted that she was “different” than the rest of us. Really? I always wonder about such women. Women who buck the sisterhood. Maybe they just haven’t met the right women yet.

We have women here who have had few women friends, but yet are close with us. Why? Maybe we were the right women. We are all different, but have found such a kinship with each other.

Tl;dr. Why the hell do some women feel the need to hate on other women, when our relationships can really provide so much? Do you think men have the same thing?
My experences as a man....just mine....but no we do not....if my friend had good stuck teeth I would ignore it...

.if I saw and exposed bulge enhancer...in would make fun of him....

tolet paper in the mens room...early in life we learn to check before you sit...cause no one will help you....

tampons and creeps...well

Checking out a weird area....never in my life time

Scary doctors appontment...we go it alone

Loaning best outfit to a pal....I'm more likely to loan him that tampon

Underwear in awkward possition....as boys ...we are more likely to give a wedgie....than help for a wedgie

Bathroom in packs....there is actually a nun written rule....no talking ...it's like elevator

Story ...time when i was 12 and dirt poor my aunt bought me a bike....she said...."here now you have transportation and a way to make money
..cause you are gonna be a man....and no one will ever give you anything"

Her words ran true....I got a paper route and I have been doing for myself ever since....info love her for that start

No one ever mentors us....there are no push to get us into unrepresented fields.

I have 3 female to make transgendered friends....one of the things they remarked about....people stopped smiling at you....offering help or otherwise being friendly

Now don't get me wrong....there are many advantages and awesome stuff about being a dude

But our lives are competitive brutish and lonely

Dang it... didn't edit before 15 minutes. Even though I am a guy's girl, I enjoy hanging around with women. I do all the things LaFemme attributes to sisterhood in the OP, especially in the bathroom or fitting room. I just tend to have more to talk about with the guys on the regular.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

I was reminded of the cool girl passage in Gone Girl (the book) when I read the post by the woman who claimed that she was so different

I LOVE the regular women here, with a passion, as much as I love my real life besties and even rando women one might encounter in public especially those who seem genuinely sweet and you know what I'm right there for them in whatever way I can. Tampons, loaning things, whatever. Ride home? Sure. Anything.

I don't like mean people, so I'll steer away from those individuals

I was reminded of the cool girl passage in Gone Girl (the book) when I read the post by the woman who claimed that she was so different

I LOVE the regular women here, with a passion, as much as I love my real life besties and even rando women one might encounter in public especially those who seem genuinely sweet and I'm you know what I'm right there for them in whatever way I can

I don't like mean people, so I'll steer away from those individuals

You're sweeter than I am and in a lot of ways I feel curiously protective of you because of it.

It's just easier for me because the thought of talking about the Kardashians or local gossip makes me want to poke my eyes out.
Honestly, no woman I've ever met has tried to talk to me about any Kardashians :laughing:.
For a while my most hilarious one-liner was "I wonder what the Kardashians are doing." In A+E and other hospital waiting rooms, or most fraught situations it genuinely tickles people. To be fair, a woman tried to chat to me about a royal wedding once. That was a very short conversation.

I don't believe women gossip any more than men do. Or maybe I'm just good at avoiding those kinds of people. The two worst offenders on my street are Mrs. Bucket next door, and the man a few doors down. I avoid them both.

She was here for business rather than pleasure or entertainment is my guess. I think her post probably served her purposes extremely well.

A theory as to why people, in general, might do that kind of thing is that they've had negative experiences in the past and have unfortunately allowed these to cloud future experiences. Sometimes if a person has lived with abuse or bullying for a long time then even when it has stopped they approach similar situations with fear and hostility, expecting the same kind of treatment. Sadly this does alienate others. (Though I'm not saying that I believe that to be the case in this instance).

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Honestly, no woman I've ever met has tried to talk to me about any Kardashians :laughing:.
For a while my most hilarious one-liner was "I wonder what the Kardashians are doing." In A+E and other hospital waiting rooms, or most fraught situations it genuinely tickles people. To be fair, a woman tried to chat to me about a royal wedding once. That was a very short conversation.

I don't believe women gossip any more than men do. Or maybe I'm just good at avoiding those kinds of people. The two worst offenders on my street are Mrs. Bucket next door, and the man a few doors down. I avoid them both.
“Bucket residence, lady of the house speaking!” :joy:

I honestly don’t have any gossipy friends. Never did. Guess I could converse briefly about the Kardashians, but I’m more like to enjoy a conversation about the Cardassians. I get along just as well with men as I do with women, but I do appreciate my friendships with women more.

Those tropes about women who care more about labels than people, or money than the man - I don’t know any of those women. Maybe I’m lucky enough to only draw good women to me. I know we’ve got a great bunch here.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I fucking love you LaFemme.

I look up to you, I strive to be as respectable as you, I am a better person for having had the opportunity to converse with your beautiful soul.

That's all I really wanted to say.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I fucking love you LaFemme.

I look up to you, I strive to be as respectable as you, I am a better person for having had the opportunity to converse with your beautiful soul.

That's all I really wanted to say.
I love you, too TnJ. Honestly I just love your warrior spirit, your never give up attitude - I see so much of myself in you even though we express it so differently we come from the same hard place. I will always be there for you.

D

deleted924715

I get on with men and it's a good job I do because I'm surrounded by them.

Ultimately though, I am a girls girl and always have been and I think the bitchy, gossipy, vapid stereotype is bullshit. I've met enough bitchy, gossipy, vapid men to know it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I feel the sisterhood deeply. The women in my family are very strong and family is everything to us, so maybe that's where it comes from... I dunno

@AlteredEgo had it absolutely spot on (as usual!) about the "pick me" personality

D

deleted924715

One. One woman. And I can't escape her. The Kardashians and Love Island. She talks about these people like she knows them. It's torture.

D

deleted924715

My experences as a man....just mine....but no we do not....if my friend had good stuck teeth I would ignore it...

.if I saw and exposed bulge enhancer...in would make fun of him....

tolet paper in the mens room...early in life we learn to check before you sit...cause no one will help you....

tampons and creeps...well

Checking out a weird area....never in my life time

Scary doctors appontment...we go it alone

Loaning best outfit to a pal....I'm more likely to loan him that tampon

Underwear in awkward possition....as boys ...we are more likely to give a wedgie....than help for a wedgie

Bathroom in packs....there is actually a nun written rule....no talking ...it's like elevator

Story ...time when i was 12 and dirt poor my aunt bought me a bike....she said...."here now you have transportation and a way to make money
..cause you are gonna be a man....and no one will ever give you anything"

Her words ran true....I got a paper route and I have been doing for myself ever since....info love her for that start

No one ever mentors us....there are no push to get us into unrepresented fields.

I have 3 female to make transgendered friends....one of the things they remarked about....people stopped smiling at you....offering help or otherwise being friendly

Now don't get me wrong....there are many advantages and awesome stuff about being a dude

But our lives are competitive brutish and lonely

This actually breaks my heart, I have a lump in my throat.

I'm so protective of the men in my life, I'd hate for them to feel nobody has their back.

I have a son... this got me right in the feels :sob: