budgthere are concerns that budget are hitting women hardest

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by dolfette, Nov 6, 2011.

1. dolfette

Gold Member

and this is the response of our leadership,
    May seeks business mentors for women - FT.com

seriously, the pm asked men to move seats so that he would be surrounded by women on camera. some of the men have grumbled to the press.

priceless!

#1 dolfette, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. shr1125

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I watch PM Questions often on C-Span. I love it and wish that US leadership would have to go through the same weekly grueling experience.

I hadn't noticed that the PM is now surrounded by women rather than men.

Pandering, it seems, is global.

SHR

3. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

Photos ops occur everyday here in the usa and around the world. Every politician is fake. It doesn't matter what the gender is. You can watch any news program interviewing any political figure worldwide and everything is staged - questions, responses, hair, make-up, backdrop. All of it - everyday, all day. They all have pr teams and campaign workers/ asskissers following them around and molding them to be faker than they were originally. All for money and special favors.

For me, the question is what can women do for themsevles to deal with their personal "budget concerns?"

I closed my business after ten years and my husband provides all the income right now. He has all the stress of being the only provider except for a small amount I generate from one client - very small amount. That is a big concern for me and one I want to eliminate.

I cut many things out we don't need. I cancled my ymca membership, don't frequently go shopping for books and lingerie or whatever, hardly ever go to Starbucks, try to not eat out, keep the lights off when not needed. I coupon when I can and buy in bulk.

I have cut out over 800 a month of simply wasteful spending. When I grocery shop, I have a list of what I need. I now buy all my produce from a local farmers market every week. For 20 I can get a huge basket of fresh foods. It would cost me triple at the grocer.

I buy nothing from China even though their prodcuts arealways the cheapest.

Women are resourseful and we can succeed at anything we set our minds to. I don't want help from the government to do it and any advice they issue is in one ear and out the other.

Draft saved Draft deleted