1. D_Abraham_Blinkin

D_Abraham_Blinkin Account Disabled

Hey all,

I have been trying to get in better shape for a while now, however, I was wondering if some of you could give me some ideas on workout routines that will help me add muscle. I have had success in trimming off the extra fat that I wanted to, now I just want to buff up a bit and add some muscle mass. Full workout routine ideas would be great!

2. MysticNight

MysticNight Member

I'm in the same boat...bought a gym membership a few weeks ago while I'm at college for the summer, and am gonna try to gain some muscle. Been going to the gym a few times a week, doing arms one day, chest/back another, and legs on a 3rd day.

I'm fairly skinny, so I don't know how much cardio I should do, I would like to get in shape but I probably don't need to lose weight.

If anyone who works out regularly would like to talk and help me/us out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Good luck to you too viper.

3. Kall00

Kall00 New Member

If you're just starting in the gym, I would highly recommend grabbing a copy of Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe and reading it. It's full of good advice for everyone really though it's more of a starter book.

The number one key to getting big though is: Eating and eating right.

Also you should always do cardio.

4. ffjay

ffjay New Member

No Cardio if you are skinny and trying to beef up, NONE.

5. hud01

Gold Member

To add muscle you need to increase your calorie intake while working out. You want to have something with a high protein content. Be careful if you go to GNC, to make sure you get only something to add mass through calories, not something suspicious.

Just google exercises and you will find enough to keep you busy. I disagree with no cardio, as you need to keep in shape, but it shouldn't be your focus.

6. D_Abraham_Blinkin

D_Abraham_Blinkin Account Disabled

I have checked online a few times, and I keep getting different answers. Can a few of you guys who regularly work out put your workout regiment up?

7. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    if your trying to beef up, some cardio is good just to stay in shape, but keep it to a minimal amount, cardio increases a different muscle tissue than you want if your trying to beef up, thats why its so much more effective to have loose ft and gain muscle sections, it very difficult to both at the same time

8. bigguy4u

bigguy4u Active Member

Albums:
    I also suggest this book. You can find it on Amazon. Also checkout bodybuilding.com and creat a bodyspace.

9. D_Wilburforce Throttlebottom

Bodybuilding.com great site,,,but you have to know what kinda fitness you want, i think you are always better off doing cardio in addition to weights. I gained a lot of muscle during boot camp & you run everywhere, all the time. Plus they shovel food into you. But it seems like the basics worked pretty good, especially for functional strength, picking up a lot of sand bags & running with them, lifting them, swinging them what ever. You name the body part & you can work it out with a sand bag lol,,,,

closest thing in the gym to a sand bag is a kettle bell.

Draft saved Draft deleted