Buffy the Vampire Slayer Question/Observation

B_godushers

Experimental Member
Media
I had an observation/question while i was watching buffy last night.

****SPOILER ALERT SEASON 2****

During the episode "Passion" when Jenny Calendar died. Angel had gone into Giles' house and made this whole setup with Jenny Calendar's dead body on his bed. How did Angel get into Giles' house if he had never been invited? I went back through the episodes prior and never came upon Giles inviting Angel into his house????

betrayal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sounds like a plot hole. SPOILER: I've always wondered why there wasn't a third slayer after Buffy died in the fifth season. /SPOILER.

B_godushers

Experimental Member
Media
Sounds like a plot hole. SPOILER: I've always wondered why there wasn't a third slayer after Buffy died in the fifth season. /SPOILER.

I thought about that once but quickly dismissed it as soon as we got to the potentials in season 7. Although....now that i think on it. Technically, when Buffy died the first time, Kendra was activated. Buffy being dead...they forgot about her. When Kendra died Faith was activated. So maybe Faith would have to die being that she is considered the active slayer.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why are you worried about spoilers, the show has been off the air for like 10 years. He was invited in by buffy long time before. Ps at the end of MASH the war ends.

B_godushers

Experimental Member
Media
what episode??? If you watch later in the series and/or in angel it is explained that only the owner of the house can invite a vampy in.

B_godushers

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know if it was lazy or if it was just a writer's thing where they came upon this episode and thought "Uh-oh, we need to do this....hopefully no one notices." of course that technically could be counted as laziness.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How did Angel get into Giles' house if he had never been invited? I went back through the episodes prior and never came upon Giles inviting Angel into his house????
Its well documented that you never actually see Angel being invited into the house, in this or any episode prior to it, but widely accepted that he was. I personally thought it was a shame given that they'd been so good about making a big deal of all the other invites, to leave this one unseen just seemed lazy.

Yes it was shown - in an earlier episode of the second season, "The Dark Age."

Because the line had passed on through Faith. When Buffy died in s1, Kendra was called. When Kendra was killed, Faith was called. Buffy had already died once, so her calling-a-new-slayer-ness-ability had already done its job.

This very anomaly is what allowed the First to identify the formerly-hidden Potential Slayers in s7.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't seen it for a long time but I could have sworn that was where it was. When Giles is on the point of self-destructing, Angel comes to give him advice on making up for past mistakes. Unless I'm mixing up episodes.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Thought.

Doesn't Angel burst into Gilles' house in the episode where everyone (including Jenny) was getting possessed by the demon from Gilles' past? The demon he met as a teen with his friends, because they used to envoke it?

I don't know the episode name, but i think I remember angel running in the room, knocking Jenny to the ground so that he could be possessed and fight the demon with his own demon.

Or am I just confusing three different episodes?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Thats the episode we're talking about, but it was a shop of some kind, not Gilles' house, at least the bit you're talking about it. It was the same *shop* that the old friend put the tatt on Buffy in.

DAMN! I thought I was making a breakthrough for you folks.:biggrin1: However, when you said that Jenny died, I thought you meant the episode where she is murdered by Angel in the School Conservatory, with the Lead Pipe:rolleyes::tongue:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Fuck, it was the lead pipe? Had my money on the candle stick :confused:

Rumour has it that: (Spoiler below)

HE spent an hour cockslapping her mouth, breasts, vagina and ass, teasing her body, causing her to tingle in orgasmic passion right before he shoved all 10 inches of his thick cock deep in her repeatedly for the 2nd-4th hour.

The only reason he killed her is because she wanted to get married afterwards.:tongue:

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Didn't he just snap her neck. Kind of an insult that he didn't even bother feeding.

That's because it wasn't about killing Jenny for his own sake. He didn't need to feed. His concern at that point was the effect Jenny's death would have on Buffy and Giles (not to mention stop Jenny from enacting her re-souling spell).

For Angelus, murder was always an art, enacted for the effect. That's how he got his kicks. That's where he differs from Spike, who killed just because he was bored and hungry.

Okay, here's another related question. When Willow is doing the spell ffrom her hospital bed, after a hesitant start she seems to come over all possessed, suddenly certain, doing the magic like a natural. In its original context I liked to think it was Jenny coming back to help Willow and have her revenge on Angelus / help save Angel.

But in the context of the entire later Angel series, I have to wonder if it was actually the Powers That Be. They seem to have a long-term plan for Angel, and him having a soul is a big part of that. I always got the impression they manipulated everything in his life to get him where they wanted him. So maybe they used Willow as a vessel to help re-ensoul him. Opinions?

B_godushers

Experimental Member
Media
I could agree with that. I've only just begun watching season four of angel for the first time and to date the whole darla story line has been my favorite of the two series. I also think Cordelia's personality change between the two shows is kinda weird when going back and re-watching buffy.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cordelia's attitude changed tons when all the sudden...Daddy had no money and she had to fend for herself. She tried hiding her "poorness" in the beginning of angel and they found her out. That is part of what caused her attitude change.

The entire crew and cast of Buffy was awesome...I worked the "Initiative" season...think it was 4..as a regular. Nothing like getting killed 3 times in your final episode. hahahha