Bulimia

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How can a boyfriend help his girlfriend with this affliction? Without everything he says or does pissing her off. Right now boyfriend isn't talking to girlfriend until she feels like talking to him.

Boyfriend loves girlfriend and doesn't want her to die, which is what she is doing. Slowly but surely. Boyfriend is very sad.

I ask this for a friend, of course.

A (nother) friend of mine said Bulimia never really goes away and there are usually relapses - is that right? She has it too so I guess she knows. Boyfriend just wants his baby to be well again.

Thanks...if you can help.

PS could someone move this to Etcetera, Etcetera? I think its more apt there and to be honest that section gets the most views. I'm desperate for advice.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Probably the best thing is that she see's a doctor or something, I know a girl that had anorexia, and she had to leave Canada and go to Arizona to recover for a few months. She might need medical treatment.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
How can a boyfriend help his girlfriend with this affliction? Without everything he says or does pissing her off. Right now boyfriend isn't talking to girlfriend until she feels like talking to him.

Boyfriend loves girlfriend and doesn't want her to die, which is what she is doing. Slowly but surely. Boyfriend is very sad.

I ask this for a friend, of course.

A (nother) friend of mine said Bulimia never really goes away and there are usually relapses - is that right? She has it too so I guess she knows. Boyfriend just wants his baby to be well again.

Thanks...if you can help.

PS could someone move this to Etcetera, Etcetera? I think its more apt there and to be honest that section gets the most views. I'm desperate for advice.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, RoyalT.

Dealing with Bulimia is not easy. I suggest she get medical help. IF she is defensive about it, chances are, she knows it is not good for her. Getting medical help, will allow her to go through the steps required to heal as best she can.

Your friend isn't lying. The disease never goes away. A bulimic is always a bulimic, no matter what. There is always the urge to purge. The only thing that seperates success stories from failures is having good people around her.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's really something best dealt with by trained professionals. I had a friend in college that was bulimic and it was a nightmare to go through for everyone involved. Unfortunately, the only person that ultimately can make her seek help is her. Treatment only works if the person getting treated is dedicated 100% to it.

Good luck to you, your friend, and to her.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm okay thanks. Just the way she's talking sounds like she wants to do it on her own. She did say she was going to see a doctor today to book an appointment.

Which is the best way to go - medication or therapy (which therapy - CBT, Psychiatrist or group etc)?

Thanks.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Hmm okay thanks. Just the way she's talking sounds like she wants to do it on her own. She did say she was going to see a doctor today to book an appointment.

Which is the best way to go - medication or therapy (which therapy - CBT, Psychiatrist or group etc)?

Thanks.

No meds.

She needs to talk about what her issues of self are. I suggest she speak to her doctor, and ask him/her what they recommend. They will know alot better than we will.

I went through the treatment as a kid (14 or so), WE caught it early enough though, that I was able to take control of the issue. It still comes in my head from time to time. I dont' know why meds are required, but depending on the severity of it, a stay at a clinic may be required.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cool thanks man. Yeah she has had it for five years now...I don't know how severe since she doesn't talk about. From what I gather it started when she split up with her ex, I guess she felt unloved and undesirable etc.

She has a doctor's appointment for next Tuesday (she works a lot) so hopefully all will be well. Yeah I didn't think meds would help, I don't like to take any meds myself. I offered to go with her next week but I doubt she'd let me.

Thanks people. Hopefully things will improve. :smile:

I'm thinking of setting up a website for bulimia but I have no idea how to. I have such grand designs for it :redface:

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks I'll have a read. I read the effects and they are very nasty. My friend was talking to a girl who can't even use her fingers (to throw up) since they've corroded away so much...

hunGreek

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
psychological assistance is very important. hook her up with some people who are keen on exersise and nutrition. and it should make her see the less adangerous alternatives.