Bumps on Shaft - not STD

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by jimbohhh, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jimbohhh

jimbohhh New Member

I have these small bumps on my shaft. They are the same color as my skin. I know they aren't in grown hairs because I have never shaved there. I've had them for a few years, but never really thought much about them. Now I just really want them gone because I think they're nasty. I'm probably going to see a dermatologist about it, but I just really not looking forward to that.

Thanks for the advice!

Attached Files:

2. B_Over_Endowed_EMT

B_Over_Endowed_EMT New Member

Im not a doctor and i cant tell that well from the pic but it looks similar to what are called "pearly papules". These are fairly common on a mans penis. However Im not a doctor and you would be well advised to see one to be sure.

3. erratic

Gold Member

Like Over Endowed EMT said, a doctor is the advisable route for you here; however, those look entirely normal to me. They don't look like in-grown hairs, but they could well be sebaceous glands which are common around the base of the penis and entirely benign. They are, in fact, common all over people's bodies; they are a part of all hair follicles (as far as I know) and reside in your skin in lots of places where hair follicles aren't, as well.

Still, a doctor (preferably a dermatologist) is the route to go for authoritative advice. I have no idea if there's a way to get rid of them - though I'm sure that there's someone out there who will tell you they can, if you pay them enough - or even if it's advisable to get rid of them.

Regardless, good luck.

4. srk515

Gold Member

Albums:
    not STD

LMFAO

5. dude_007

Gold Member

Soak Apple cider vinegar in a paper towel then wrap your junk up in the soaked towel for about an hour, repeat after about 24 hours and see if they turn white.

6. B_Taken32

B_Taken32 New Member

They are sebaceous glands which are attached to hair follicles. You don't have to shave to get those, they could b from hair falling out etc. either way they are harmless and as long as you keep the area clean they won't become infected. Ingrown hairs could possible develop in those pores however. If you go to a Dr. they will prolly give you anti sebum cream which may or may not do anything. Either way, your perfectly normal

7. Mithra

Mithra Member

Its funny I cam across this thread... I've got something similar and just noticed it earlier in the week after shaving my balls. It freeked my out to see all these little bumps on the base of my cock and some on my balls as well. I was sure I had contracted HPV, but after some research I'm pretty sure what these are are "mulluscum cantgiosum" which sound like a damn harry potter spell!

Molluscum contagiosum - MayoClinic.com

I have a doctor's appointment set for later next month to check them out, and in the meantime I am applying the apple cider vinegar treatment that I've found on the internet which seems to be working. I load a few cotton balls with apple cider vinegar at night and tie them around my cock with medical tape for about an hour. The turn white and then then they seem to scab up and die.

8. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Could be a tinia, aka jock itch.

9. avg_joe

Gold Member

Not STD. Every man has it. It's like a man seed. LMAO !!!

10. rayray

rayray Active Member

If you have to get the camera that close for us to see it i would not worry..It does look like something to do with hair..Ive seen them before either on me or someone else..I can't remember,lol...It's natural for your pubic hair to grown down in that area..It could have been fine hair before that is no longer growing..You look fine..

11. srk515

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's better when you realize how HE knows it's not a STD.

12. erratic

Gold Member

Haha, it does sound like a Harry Potter spell.

I've seen cases of molluscum contagiosum in real life, and they don't look much like the picture the OP included. Molluscum is identifiable by a hard, whitish cap. Looks like the OP's bumps are under the skin, not on top of it.

(That being said, I'm no doctor and my advice shouldn't be mistaken for a physician's.)

13. jimbohhh

jimbohhh New Member

What is the apple cider vinegar supposed to prove if the bumps turn white?

14. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Those are sebaceous gland hair follicle bumps. There is nothing that can be done about them in a dermatologists office. I also wouldn't attempt any home remedies mentioned ANYWHERE on the internet to get rid of them. If complicated and expensive modern medicine available to dermatologists haven't figured out how to do it then no one at home has either.

15. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
  16. MysteryMahn

MysteryMahn Member

17. ItalianSoccerMan

ItalianSoccerMan New Member

Well stated.

18. onewatcher

onewatcher Active Member

Albums:
    Molluscum is a skin virus that can be acquired by contact with a person, use of a towel someone with it has used, the gym, massage table ect. It is contagious but is something that goes away on it's own. The dermatologist can either freeze the leisons, slice them away, or do nothing and let them heal on their own.If your immune system is compromised you might have a bit or a problem with it healing. It is NOT an STI/STD, however it can be passed on during sex. It is common in children.

19. fnaslut

fnaslut New Member

Exactly correct. No worries. Nothing to do and nothing to give to someone else!

Draft saved Draft deleted