Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Didn't have time to read all the post however if my comment is redundent I apologize.
In the eyes of the world America burned the koran not a pseudo- Christian Terry Jones. That's the issue. Unfortunately America isn't all Christian, majority maybe, thats what makes our country so unique. I myself am not a Christian, I've been told by devout Christians that I make a good one, I guess that was a complement, however; we need to develop more humility in the worlds eyes. I don't think that it lessens our "power" or dominance in everything as some politicians in a particular "dried-leaves and spice" party may try to convince us of.

BF2K

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I know that if I tried to enter Saudi Arabia with a Bible or and other signs of being a Christian I would not be allowed to enter. If I spoke to anyone about being a Christian I could be arrested, stoned, or would be subject to some other horror. Prove me otherwise!!! I will fight to the death to allow anyone to believe his or her personal beliefs, but I will also NOT accept "death or torture" in order to "make" someone believe or follow doctrine." I did live in India for 6 months where I experiences first hand the "sanctions" of trying to date a woman that was not of "my caste." The dudes threatened to kill me btw.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know that if I tried to enter Saudi Arabia with a Bible or and other signs of being a Christian I would not be allowed to enter. If I spoke to anyone about being a Christian I could be arrested, stoned, or would be subject to some other horror. Prove me otherwise!!!

We don't have to prove you otherwise. We all know that what you said is so inherently stupid that it discredits itself. While someone may not be able to walk into the country with a physical copy of the Bible, what's stopping anyone from carrying a digital copy or even using the internet to access one online? Are they checking laptops, iPads and Kindles for biblical materials these days?

BTW, there are roughly a million or so people in Saudi Arabia, mostly foreigners, who identify themselves as Christian. So this twisted idea you have that they'll be arrested for merely talking about it is also moronic at best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Saudi_Arabia

His response included, btw "or even out of your county.........roflao"

Again, nice deflection. Considering the thread topic it's pretty apparent where houtx48 was going with his statement. Despite all of your travels you have not traveled to Saudi Arabia yourself. Alas, you try to use the fact that people haven't tried to go into Saudi Arabia with a bible as a reason for us to listen to you. In other words, you have no problem adopting a somewhat hypocritical stance in order to have a point.

If you can't (or won't) do it yourself, then criticizing someone for not doing it is ridiculous. It's obvious that you have a problem with Islam and Muslims. With that said, don't sit here and try to defend that phobia at our expense.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The basic problem is burning the Koran get's headlines, cartoons lead to death threats and NO other religion reacts that way!!

So Muslims aren't the victim of frivolous actions for just being themselves? That is ABSOLUTE bullshit.
Marwa Sherbeni killed horrifyingly for simply being Muslim and wearing a veil (hijab).
Florida Man Stabbed for Being Muslim - Alleged attacker accused of hate crime
NY Cab Driver Allegedly Stabbed For Being Muslim: 'I Feel Very Sad' | TPMMuckraker

Either we have free speech or we don't - picking sides doesn't count.

But apparently it's OK for you to pick one. Because you're clearly anti-Muslim despite all of your dishonest rants about free speech. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BF2K

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
All hate crimes for me, has nothing to do with my beliefs!! I never said that Muslims, Christians, Jews or any other people of certain beliefs are not "hated" by someone, there is NO excuse for such behavior, in ANY country.

it's just a book. how much harm has been done to humanity in the name of religion?
the damn preacher is a headline seeking moron.

Think they call em Media Whores, the media machine his Pimp.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The basic problem is burning the Koran get's headlines, cartoons lead to death threats and NO other religion reacts that way!! Either we have free speech or we don't - picking sides doesn't count.
It's not the Religion that reacted violently, it was a few crazy individual people. That's what the righ-wing has wrong. There are a billion Muslims in the world and the right wing would condemn the entire religion because of the actions of a few.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's not the Religion that reacted violently, it was a few crazy individual people. That's what the righ-wing has wrong. There are a billion Muslims in the world and the right wing would condemn the entire religion because of the actions of a few.

Pay attention, BF2K. Indy gets it.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We all have the capacity to ignore anothers actions, as we all sometimes do. You are right when you say 'responsible' persons would not react in the dramatic events that unfolded. The same could be said about how responsible, or responsibility rather will be accepted by the person who set this particular set of events in motion. Going by what Father Fanatic said afterward. None.

Moderate Muslims don't burn bibles, moderate Christians don't burn the Koran.

When dealing with religious nuts or anything which drives human emotion you have to factor in the 'escalation' value, a small example is on the forums here at times :).... He knew exactly what he did would push the other sides buttons, he decided to escalate the situation. He notified the media of his intention to burn the koran, He wanted the media there for maximum impact. He did not need to personally blow up or kill anyone, he has the powerful multi national media to take his pathetic little act and broadcast world wide.

Classic case of the media creating the news....Report a deranged fanatic burning a holy book, knowing full well they would get a bigger one by broadcasting it..... Ka-ching.

Paster, Reverand or Priest, the man is a dangerous fanatic. If there was such a thing as hell........His feet would be becoming quite warm about now. The liars pants are already on fire.

It's a shame there are millions out there just like him.

Very good; I agree.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know that if I tried to enter Saudi Arabia with a Bible or and other signs of being a Christian I would not be allowed to enter. If I spoke to anyone about being a Christian I could be arrested, stoned, or would be subject to some other horror. Prove me otherwise!!! I will fight to the death to allow anyone to believe his or her personal beliefs, but I will also NOT accept "death or torture" in order to "make" someone believe or follow doctrine." I did live in India for 6 months where I experiences first hand the "sanctions" of trying to date a woman that was not of "my caste." The dudes threatened to kill me btw.

When the Saudis do those things, they are not following the Koran. The Koran explicitly requires Muslims to respect Christians and Jews as "people of the book;" i.e., the Bible.

B_Boy_Boy_Boy

Just Browsing
Media
Priest Terry Jones was burned the Koran (muslim`s holly Book).
What is your opinion about this,Is it OK.Is it inciting hatred.
Is now Ok if Muslims in Mosques burn The Bible.
My opinion is that this is only extending war with Arabs country`s.

People have an absolute right to express themselves. Further, they have the right to express themselves without fear of violence against them. Think back to all the ideas that were painfully unpopular that turned out to be basic truths.

hifzija

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Doboj (Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
People have an absolute right to express themselves. Further, they have the right to express themselves without fear of violence against them. Think back to all the ideas that were painfully unpopular that turned out to be basic truths.

People have a right to express themselves, Yes,but not to offend other.Priest Jones was not only burn the Koran.He made a Courtroom of their Church and judge the Muslims,Islam and Koran.Judgement was burning Koran.
At his time,when we fighting in arab-country`s, I don`t find it as a good idea.

B_Boy_Boy_Boy

Just Browsing
Media
People have a right to express themselves, Yes,but not to offend other.Priest Jones was not only burn the Koran.He made a Courtroom of their Church and judge the Muslims,Islam and Koran.Judgement was burning Koran.
At his time,when we fighting in arab-country`s, I don`t find it as a good idea.

You have no right to not be offended. This is extremely well established in this country.

He does think its a good idea, and you have no right to tell him otherwise.

If you don't agree, I find your opinion offensive and demand that you give it up immediately!