Burning Man!!! (this is more of a meetup than an ad)

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I know about ten people on lpsg that are planning to be at Burning Man this year. Another site, fl is having a meet up on the playa and I thought it would be nice if the lpsg burners would join. They are more fetish oriented but very welcoming. If you are interested in joining, let me know here or in a pm. Everyone is welcome :smile::smile::smile:

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have heard about Burning Man, and knew of a female friend who went last year and enjoyed herself very much. I'd love to go, I hear there is a large gay contingent that goes every year. I understand you need to bring lots of your own water and food and believe it or not blankets when it gets cold at night, in the desert you know.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Using google, I found plenty of information about Burning Man and concluded that it's not for me. I can't imaging being in a hot desert for several days with no way even to take a shower! One is also expected to take enough food and water to last for the entire event. I have nothing against camping, but that's a bit extreme.

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have heard about Burning Man already. I just don't know much about what the point of it all is.

The point of this thread is for members of lpsg attending Burning Man to possibly have a meet up. Burners, people who attend Burning Man are part of an amazing global community. Every year we meet in the desert for a week for a completely self sustained community to share ideas, creativity, and anything else

If you have questions about Burning Man, google is your friend. Please leave this thread to discussions about meeting on the playa or if you are interesting in going to Burning Man. I will answer messages on Monday, just wanted to check in and see the response so far- some great PM response too

kepiblanc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't people go to Burning Man mostly to do drugs like ecstasy and GHB, walk around naked in the desert sun, and fuck other people they don't know really all that well? LOL

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't people go to Burning Man mostly to do drugs like ecstasy and GHB, walk around naked in the desert sun, and fuck other people they don't know really all that well? LOL

According to what I read on the Internet, illegal drugs are strictly prohibited. Also, public sex is prohibited and the amount of nudity is not great. Thus, people who go for drugs and sex will be disappointed and may even be required to leave.

An important reason for my not considering going is that no water is provided; one must carry a sufficient amount to last for the entire event. That would make bathing, adequate cleanliness, and regular hand washing difficult or totally impossible leading to hygiene problems which I would not want to deal with. The problems would be exacerbated by the high desert temperatures. Can you imagine sweating heavily for several days and not being able to bathe?

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Wouldn't miss it for the world! What is FL? (The other website you mentioned that will be meeting up.) A think a meetup could be fun, though perhaps a bit challenging to organize so that people actually show up. (As I'm sure you're aware, trying to organize anything that involves a specific meetup time and location there can be quite the challenge for some, especially me!)
And yes, BM is definitely not for everybody. For those of us within driving distance, it is not hard to load up your vehicle with everything you need. The air is very dry, so you hardly sweat at all. The heat isn't usually too bad, though the dust is what usually gets to folks after a while. Bathing at BM is my favorite part! I always make an open, outdoor shower and love showering naked outside every morning in the warm sun, as well as inviting others to join and having partner luffa-scrubs. That definitely broke the ice between me and one of the buddies I went with last year. After that, we were arm in arm and hugging all week - best male bonding ever!
I'm planning to go the full length this year - Sun-Mon. Can't wait!!

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wouldn't miss it for the world! What is FL? (The other website you mentioned that will be meeting up.) A think a meetup could be fun, though perhaps a bit challenging to organize so that people actually show up. (As I'm sure you're aware, trying to organize anything that involves a specific meetup time and location there can be quite the challenge for some, especially me!)
And yes, BM is definitely not for everybody. For those of us within driving distance, it is not hard to load up your vehicle with everything you need. The air is very dry, so you hardly sweat at all. The heat isn't usually too bad, though the dust is what usually gets to folks after a while. Bathing at BM is my favorite part! I always make an open, outdoor shower and love showering naked outside every morning in the warm sun, as well as inviting others to join and having partner luffa-scrubs. That definitely broke the ice between me and one of the buddies I went with last year. After that, we were arm in arm and hugging all week - best male bonding ever!
I'm planning to go the full length this year - Sun-Mon. Can't wait!!

"The air is very dry, so you hardly sweat at all."

Not so!! And believing that is one of the things that gets many people into trouble when they are in the desert. What actually happens is that you sweat very heavily but are unaware of it because the sweat evaporates so quickly. So, you can rapidly become seriously dehydrated without realizing it and can get into serious trouble unless you keep drinking large amounts of water even if you don't feel thirsty.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for catching that poorly worded explanation. I guess I should have written that your perspiration dries instantly, so you are rarely sweaty at all. It's the desert, so yes, drinking water constantly, as well as replenishing electrolites, is a must all day, every day.
Now that we have that cleared up, anybody else going??

Last edited:

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks for catching that poorly worded explanation. I guess I should have written that your perspiration dries instantly, so you are rarely sweaty at all. It's the desert, so yes, drinking water constantly, as well as replenishing electrolites, is a must all day, every day.
Now that we have that cleared up, anybody else going??

I make a mix for bikram for replenishing electrolytes and it is way better than gatorade- one sports bottle filled with water, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp grade B maple syrup, pinch of Himalayan sea salt and if you can't get the last two regular maple syrup is fine and so is other sea salt- carrying the ingredients for the mix is so much easier than more bottles of things to carry back :smile: