Burning Sensation in Anal Penetration

OBsessed

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My first thread - I'm sorry if this issue has been covered already, but the search function doesn't work properly for me atm and as I'm at work I can't go browsing the previous threads a long way back. :p

My problem is the burning sensation in my butt at insertion.

My husband is well-endowed, which certainly is something a lot of guys here can relate to. and he's expressed interest in having anal sex with me. I'd like to try that too, and since he's so big I decided to practise a little beforehand and purchased a smallish dildo to play with. Problem is, it burns so badly that I have to stop. There is no other pain, and I use a lot of lube.

I know it's a muscle, and will strecth - I've had anal sex before with my ex-boyfriend, though he was considerably smaller (both length and girth-wise) than my husband, and had no problem.

Could it be the lube? I know usually people recommend stuff like Astroglide or Wet-something-or-other, but the sex shop I visited only had less-known brands, and I ended up buying unflavoured, water-based lube. Would silicone-based lube be better for this purpose? We usually use water-based when having vaginal sex.

~OBsessed

AlejoPlay

Just Browsing
Media
different lubes work differently. I find silicone ones warm up a lot during penetration and then they calm down. I too get the burning sensation sometimes. Often with bigger men. I have to relube a big guy LOTS to get it to where it's okay. You may want to switch positions and see if that helps. Also, just ride out the burning and see if it goes away. Often it does. Also, if I'm not clean I feel a dry burning, so I just tend to flush things out back there if I know someone's going to Cabo San Lucas.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The burning sensation can also be due to the fact that you are not quite ready (relaxed, loose enough) to take his size. I suggest more foreplay, more lube, go slowly, and practice with a toy.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
OBsessed said:
My first thread - I'm sorry if this issue has been covered already, but the search function doesn't work properly for me atm and as I'm at work I can't go browsing the previous threads a long way back. :p

My problem is the burning sensation in my butt at insertion.

My husband is well-endowed, which certainly is something a lot of guys here can relate to. and he's expressed interest in having anal sex with me. I'd like to try that too, and since he's so big I decided to practise a little beforehand and purchased a smallish dildo to play with. Problem is, it burns so badly that I have to stop. There is no other pain, and I use a lot of lube.

I know it's a muscle, and will strecth - I've had anal sex before with my ex-boyfriend, though he was considerably smaller (both length and girth-wise) than my husband, and had no problem.

Could it be the lube? I know usually people recommend stuff like Astroglide or Wet-something-or-other, but the sex shop I visited only had less-known brands, and I ended up buying unflavoured, water-based lube. Would silicone-based lube be better for this purpose? We usually use water-based when having vaginal sex.

~OBsessed

Water-based gels like "KY" are less likely to cause irritation.
Do you use condoms too as they often have spermicidal jelly on them which can also irritate the delicate mucous membranes ?
I would advise the wearing of condoms for rectal sex.

B_nocock2big4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Part of the burning sensation would be your muscles being stretched (think charlie horse)... It may also be due to some sort of sensitivity to the lube your using..... try using something like anal ease.... it has a numbing agent in it to decrease the pain (if you can't find that try ambisol tooth ache gel... it's basically the same thing).

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nocock2big4me said:
try using something like anal ease.... it has a numbing agent in it to decrease the pain (if you can't find that try ambisol tooth ache gel... it's basically the same thing).
I heard this was a bad idea actually, because you can end up going further than you should and injuring yourself. pain is a message you shouldn't ignore... it means you need more time and lube, not anaesthetic.

evilbreeder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well my ex and i took about a 9-10 mos before she could accomodate me fully. All it took was time, lube, and patience. If he really wants it, and you want to please him it takes time. Think of it as reaching down and touching your toes, you can't do it but with practise and streching you can. Same as the anus, plenty of lube, water based, and easing in.