Burnt Penis and Balls

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You made a million dollar mistake when you took that refund money. That meant that you were excusing them for burning you. The tanning salon, the tanning bed manufacturer, and the dumb attendant, are all responsible for your burns. Your doctor-parents must know a sharp attorney that would defend either of them in case of a mal-practise suit. Go talk to him (or her)!

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
damn i do not even want to think about how painful
that must be.

i would rather visit a nude beach in florida and tan there from now on.
get well soon man,go easy on him.

O

OldFirm08

Tanning beds are so screwed. I've only got lobster red and never a tan. Meanwhile I've been out nude in the bright spring sun, even in low 50' temps. Feels great, and I can better judge what is going on. Set an alarm for every 20 minutes to be sure I don't sleep right into burn unit of hospital.
Best luck getting over it. Good salves are out there to relieve burns. I had a camp stove blow up in my face once, and the stuff healed my facial burns in about a week.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Like you I am also fair skinned and at a a far above average risk for skin damage and skin cancer. It is amazing that there is another posting from a fellow asking about leaving his genitals exposed. I hope that he takes the time to read about your experiences.

I also grew up in a medical family and you are lucky to have this available to you at a time when severe damage was done. In my case it was the associates and collegues that treated me, but I got first rate treatment as a kid.

I also to this day am wary of sun exposure that is excessive and of anything beyond a wee bit pink.

I was badly exposed to UV when undergoing acne treatment as a teenager. What was amazing is that both parents had histories of skin cancer, but this was so long ago that nobody knew. By the time I found out the Dermatologist who burned me to a crisp and drowned me in Tetracyclene and acetone for years was long dead. I have no options for a lawsuit and at 55 I very carefully monitor my skin for any unusual changes.

Take care of yourself my young friend and be aware that for the next year you may have some other long term abnormal reactions to sunlight. Be very vigilant for these, because it may prevent you from having other things happen that may seem unrelated.

I truly wish you a speedy recovery

sh103

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I could sue, but I am not into that. When I went back to get my money back, she was like, we dont give refunds, and I said in calm voice, how about lawsuits? She went to the cash register gave me my money and said not to come back.

I don't believe in suing an individual person over something minor if you don't have to, but I wouldn't think twice about suing a company over something careless like that. Someone else could be more seriously injured. You are entitled to something out of this, if nothing else but the satisfaction of knowing that the idiot who told you how to do the session is fired and can't do it again.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hate to hear that, I wish you a speedy recovery. As for the tanning. I use to work in a Tanning/ Beauty Salon. The owner of the salon was fantastic. She and all of her tanning operators were trained in proper tanning procedures. If you have never been to tanning salon, here are some things to look for and things that you should be asked. First look to see if there a tanning certificates. Stating that they have been trained in proper tanning procedures. They should ask you if you have ever tanned before. They should ask to look at your skin under your shirt, to see exactly how tanned your skin is under your clothes. They should start you off with a lower time limit. Maybe even as little as 5 min. They should never offer you a tingle lotion in your beginning stages.

There are 3 stages in tanning.
Stage 1- is for beginners, there are lotions for this. It helps protect your skin while building up your melanin.
Stage two- is for darking and deepen your tan.
Stage 3- is for those that have plateaued and cannot get any darker. This will help push you past that point.

You should always change beds. They are all different and each one tans differently. Some help build melanin, while others are bronzer.
It's the only way to achieve a dark tan.

Use must always use a good moisturizer of your body after words. Never tan without some kind of lotion. It protects your skin from damage.
Asked when was the last time the bulbs were changed. They need to changed about every 4 to 6 months. If longer than that , your not getting the full potential out of the beds.

Ask question and they cannot give you answers, then go somewhere else.

Just some of the things that I learned while I worked there.
:cool:

beachboywb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay first I'm feeling your pain Landon, but in defense of the tanning industry being that I am SAE certified, there are a number of steps that should have been followed.
1) The tanning industry does require that all tanning bed operations have a chart that they refer to for skin qualification for tanning. its rated on a scale of :

beachboywb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a) low sensitve which is a score of 10 or less which according to all tanning guidelines the person should be refused service due to there non-reactive melanin. They may tan over time but due to the intensity of the UV light they would always burn in a bed.
b) high sensitive which is a score of 10-12 which in all cases no matter of the person or there skin color should never be put in a level 1 bed for longer than 9 minutes
c) Normal- which is a score of 12-16 which according to the SAE guidelines they customer should only be put in a bed for no longer than 11 minutes
d) Hi-Normal- 16-20 which at that point the customer should only be exposed to the UV light for no longer than 13 minutes
e) Very resistant 20 and above-at that point the customer can usually take up to 15 minutes

But keep in mind that it is the Salons employee that also can make a judgment call and start the customer out at a lower time based on the type of skin that the customer has and the previous exposure that they've had in the last 3 months. My salons never never never start anyone this time of year unless they have been tanning with us through the entire year out at the full time. She was obviously an IDIOT, and really didn't care about the quality of service she was giving her patrons. I agree that the owner and manager should be notified and the employee should be released from her position before she hurts anyone else.
Every Tanning establishment has guidelines that they have to follow according to their insurance companys policy.

Secondly........as far as the lotion that she sold you she sold you a tingle lotion which should only be reserved for someone who already has a really good base tan all over not just on there face and legs and arms, in fact a tingle factor lotion should never and I mean never be used on your face or genitals. there are several stages of tingle starting from a 2 to 40 and its purpose is to react with your skin and bring the blood up to the top of the skin for better oxidation which does increase your melanin stimulation. so someone who has fair skin such as landon should never use a tingle factor lotion until they have a really good base tan. and they should be made aware of the fact that when using a tingle lotion it will give you the affect of a really red sunburn and your skin will tingle, but the redness will go away in probally about 45 minutes or so but everyone is different as to how they react so don't quote me on the time frame.
For someone who is starting out for the first time they should have been using a str8 accelarator where it was stage one or two doesn't really matter, but a stage one is great becuase of the nutrients and vitamins that they are made with for the betterment of your skin care. A stage two lotion is used mostly by people that tan all the time and have a really good base tan. Using bronzers are for customers that want the instant effect of having a tan. it adds color without the wait and they've made them almost idiot proof, but you should still put it on in a circular motion and wash your hands after the application.

All in all the tanning industry take great stride on making sure that the owners know there stuff, and it is up to the owners to inform their employess on how to run there business. I have maybe in the last 10 yrs had one maybe two young ladies that have been slightly burned which I hav to tell you will happen from time to time but never to the extent of Landons burns. My heart goes out to him he is a buddy of mine on here and we've chatted before. but he shoud report this to the owner and to the health department, as well as the SAE.

One more thing I want to add, the reaction he got could have been cause to alot of factors, one the lotion, two the exposure time and three if the bulbs had just been changed in the bed and it didn't have alot of hours on them. put all those in the equation and you have a terrible burn.

I'm not sure if I've rambled on to much or not enough but to date there has never been any cancer related illness or deaths that have been a direct result from indoor tanning. In fact the University of Michigan, dept of Dermatology has come out and said on national TV that some UV exposure in a tanning bed in actually good for you, but with tanning as well as anything else, it has to be done in moderation, and with caution. Overexposure to UV as well as getting shit faced on friday night and getting behind the wheel of a car are bad for you just like anything else.

I hope this helps, not sure if it will clear anything up but anyway, I tried

_chrizzian_

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Anway, she told me to lay 20 minutes and use this tingly lotion.

hello?.. 20 minutes in a tanning bed? (funny that it is a bed in english ^^) ehmm yes... 20 minutes is hell to long! I've been in sucha tanning bed several times and I started with 8 minutes! ("normal" skin type, no lotion used)...

what a girl/woman was that? gingerbread-woman?! ... but hey, you live in america, can't you sue her? ^^

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
beachboywb, does "SAE" denote Suntanning Association for Education? *Certainly not Society of Automotive Engineers.*