Bush and the Iraq war

Bluespeedoz

Expert Member
Media
Hi
The Iraq war certainly has the potential to become Bush's Vietnam if military and political solutions aren't forthcoming soon. I do not understand why the Iraqi people are so hostile after the toppling of Saddam Hussein and his regime. Maybe we should get out now and leave it to the Iraqi people to find their own answers to their problems. :mellow:

YoungNHung19: Bluespeedoz..the Iraqi people are NOT hostile. That is a very few spots in an entire country. It is getting all of the news coverage from the media, because that is what is juicy...just likes you hear in the local news, about robbery, rape, murder, not all of the good stuff being done...same priniciple. Talk to soldiers, as I have and you will find it is the opposite of what some people think. How do I know? I have a cousin over there right now (just disclosing that for the first time on this site by the way). Believe me, the majority view the US soldiers as liberators, and heroes, who freed them from a violent, homocidal maniac of a dictator. Obviously we are fighting terrorists over there, who have ties with Bin Laden. These people are insurgents, Saddam loyalists, and don't want Iraq to be free, they want it to be there personal breeding ground for there terrorist activites.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Young..

I think it would difficult to make a case that in general the Iraqi people support the American occupation. Why? Well, across the world, indigenous people tend to believe that this land is my land , "So get your ass outta here." The deterioration of security throughout Iraq would indicate that a sizable fraction of Sunnis and Shiites support and desire to drive out the Americans. Many Iraqis and many Americans are/were offended by the horrors of Abu Gharib and are not likely to forget. In fact I believe that a stronger case can be made that Iraq is in revolt against the occupation because we have not delivered security, electricity, water, or economic stability.

To win a war of liberation against occupation forces, the resistance does not have to win battles or even have the majority on their side. Think Vietnam or the American Revolution. In the latter case John Adams said that one-third of the colonists supported the revolution, one-third were against it, and one-third did not care [they only wanted to live their life without the turmoil].

jay

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jay_Too, you are in agreement with Ghandi! He said (and I paraphrase) that any people would prefer their own bad government to an outsider's better one.

I must agree- no one could possibly have YOUR countries best interest at heart as much as the people who live there. I am sure OUR interest in Iraq is rather transparent to the people there. We've served our purpose, fell short of our pledges, our role now should be to repair the damages, rebuild what we can and plan our exit strategy. I doubt an exit strategy is even on the agenda for the bush regime.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is this nutz or not?

A National Guardsman is severely injured in Iraq and is presently 100% disabled. So what does the military want? Well. apparently when he signed up, he got a bonus of $2999. However, to keep the bonus, he must complete the enlistment. Because he was severely and permanently injured, the military wants him to repay the bonus because he cannot complete his enlistment.

What are they going to do with the $2999? Did someone say, "Halliburton?"

Don't believe me? Check it out: http://www.optruth.org/main.cfm?actionId=g...ear&htmlId=1394

jay

LuckyLuke

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by jay_too@Oct 28 2004, 04:37 AM
Is this nutz or not?

A National Guardsman is severely injured in Iraq and is presently 100% disabled. So what does the military want? Well. apparently when he signed up, he got a bonus of $2999. However, to keep the bonus, he must complete the enlistment. Because he was severely and permanently injured, the military wants him to repay the bonus because he cannot complete his enlistment.

What are they going to do with the $2999? Did someone say, "Halliburton?"

Don't believe me? Check it out: http://www.optruth.org/main.cfm?actionId=g...ear&htmlId=1394

jay
[post=261534]Quoted post[/post]​

Rather unbelievable I should think. Amazing the way this 'war President' seems to authorize so many 'screw the troops' types of policies.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Hey, Bush is just making sure he's not accused of giving money to the families of suicide bombers by not giving money to the family of any dead guy.

This whole war's been fought like it's on a damn Xbox. I'm surprised the soldiers aren't polygons.