Bush couldn't remember if he did coke...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Political Punch

McClellan On Bush's Version of the Truth: From Cocaine Rumors to Destructive Partisan Warfare

May 28, 2008 8:34 AM
Scott McClellan's new memoir on his White House days is harsh.
The decision to invade Iraq "goes to an important question that critics have raised about the president: Is Bush intellectually incurious or, as some assert, actually stupid?" the former White House press secretary writes. "Bush is plenty smart enough to be president. But as I've noted his leadership style is based more on instinct than deep intellectual debate."
In 1999, at a hotel suite "somewhere in the Midwest," McClellan recalls the Bush mind when dealing with rumors that the then-Texas governor had used cocaine.
Writes McClellan: "'The media won't let go of these ridiculous cocaine rumors,' I heard Bush say. 'You know, the truth is I honestly don't remember whether I tried it or not. We had some pretty wild parties back in the day, and I just don't remember.'
"I remember thinking to myself, How can that be? How can someone simply not remember whether or not they used an illegal substance like cocaine? It didn't make a lot of sense."
And yet, McClellan concludes, "I think he meant what he said in that conversation about cocaine. It's the first time when I felt I was witnessing Bush convincing himself to believe something that probably was not true, and that, deep down, he knew was not true. And his reason for doing so is fairly obvious — political convenience…"
Bush "has a way of falling back on the hazy memory to protect himself from potential political embarrassment. In other words, being evasive is not the same as lying in Bush's mind...It would not be the last time Bush mishandled potential controversy. But the cases to come would involve the public trust, and the failure to deal with them early, directly and head-on would lead to far greater suspicion and far more destructive partisan warfare."

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Get wasted enough on any particular drug, or drunk enough, and try to then recall anything you did. If cocaine didn't give George Bush what he was looking for (a good solid rush) then he'd have no reason to recall it for future usage. Additionally, if he was already in a law-abiding frame of mind, he most likely knew that cocaine was illegal in the 43 States of the United so he'd be unlikely to want to use it. As has been indicated, if he was at a wild party and it was given to him, he may not have known what it was-parties can be like that. I am sure that there are some drugs I used which if you asked me now, I'd be unsure of whether or not I had.

You might also do well to keep in mind that Scott McClellan is a vile and disgusting creature who as near as I can tell from his rantings since leaving The White House, is being used (and possibly paid) by the Liberals.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not much different than "I didn't inhale"... yeah RIGHT.

Ol' Georgie was too wasted to remember is what you're saying.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Seems plausible to me. When you're constantly black-out drunk, it's easy to forget things.

Also the rumor that Bush was arrested for coke possession but had his record expunged was started by a known fraud.

He just seems more like a hardcore drunk to me, frankly.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you can't remember if you did coke or not, you probably did do it.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He probably did coke as well as many other illegal drugs, and yet he in charge of our nuclear weapons. May the good LORD look out for us. We have an idiot in the White House.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What if he did a substance that was portrayed/represented as cocaine ? Maybe his supply guy was cutting whatever he sold to Bush as something that would be no more harmful than the amount of caffeine in a Mountain Dew or Red Bull energy drink ? I know when I get a headache, I take 4 aspirins @ 325 mg each, the dosage for that is 2 tablets for an adult every 4 hours. The only adverse effects I can attribute, I get rid of my headache quicker.

Bush will be over on 1/20/2009, what's done is done. 2000 he may have had a shakey election to get in, but make no mistake 2004, he did trounce Kerry/Edwards and that was in full knowledge of what he had done regarding Iraq.