Bush FINALLY learning?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Herin_Ghan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. D_Herin_Ghan

D_Herin_Ghan Account Disabled

2. Matthew

Gold Member

Maybe the big election loss has got his team rethinking things? I'm not gonna bet any money on him actually learning (in the sense of changing his perspective), but if better decisions come from it, I'm all for it.

3. MH07

MH07 Member

Albums:
  4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    W's ability to "learn" doesn't represent a change of heart. Its simply more opportunism, putting the best possible spin on failure.

5. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

This is the foreign spying that the press just decided to call domestic spying to get people excited? No matter what you call it, it's useless now, since everybody knows about it. So it'd be silly to renew it. "Learning" hardly comes into it.

6. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    Very doubtful he can learn... he never even has learned to say nuclear...always comes across as nuculer...also has not learned to distinguish between our and are...but we can keep hoping I suppose!

7. dreamer20

Gold Member

Excerpt from your link:

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

If he truly had learned his lesson he would have dropped his appeal of the judge's ruling regarding his illegal spying. As he has not it shows that he still feels that he is above the law.

8. mindseye

Gold Member

Fact-check!

Big Dirigible claims that the program was a "foreign spying that the press just decided to call domestic spying to get people excited".

Absolutely untrue.

The following is excerpted from Listening In: (emphasis mine)

Former FCC advisor Scott Marcus testified in court (warning: this is an 18MB PDF) that the "spy rooms [are] in far more locations than would be required to catch the majority of international traffic".

Finally, the fact the program was ruled not just "illegal", but "unconstitutional" is a clear indication that the surveillance violated the rights of citizens.

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I wouldn't get your hopes up on it.

10. madame_zora

Gold Member

Even the mainstream ABC news made it clear that he was ordered to stop. No lessons learned, kiddies. In fact, it's still being debated.

11. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Nah, hasn't learned a damned thing; You'd need the jaws of life to spring his head that deep outta his ass.

12. Principessa

Gold Member

I disagree, he has learned nothing. Even if he had learned something, his past mistakes have been vast and costly for the American people. He needs to do more than make a sincere apology. He needs to step down.

13. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I am starting to worry... am I the most pessimistic person on this board (that would be saying something.:eek: ) I don't think he learned- he just got caught. No doubt that there is already something in place that has not come to light yet and it has replaced his domestic spying. Don't ask me to speculate what the program may be, but you can bet it will be kept further under wraps.

14. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Hey, sweet-cheeks, what the HELL do facts have to do with anything? Or for that matter, how the hell does constitutional fit into this equation? It doesn't? Well, if it's the constitution or my secret programs (pogroms?), I'll take the secrets ANYTIME! They are much more fun, and easier, as long as you keep 'em secret.

MH07, it isn't george we need to keep under suspicion. It's alberto gonzales. Ya know, for an attorney-general, he doesn't seem to know a god-damned thing about constitutionality, legality, or due process.

Draft saved Draft deleted