Bush: foreign policy nitwit, economic wizard

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The GDP of the US is $11 trillion/year. The defense budget is $447billion. Divide that by $11 trillion and you will get about 3-4%. Thats how much of our income, goods and services are derived from defense.

And it's still MUCH more than the government spends on education, which is a shame. Meanwhile, our students are lagging farther and farther behind every other civilized nation in tests of reading, math, and science.

But please, do continue to justify this bullshit. You do it SO well.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
And it's still MUCH more than the government spends on education, which is a shame. Meanwhile, our students are lagging farther and farther behind every other civilized nation in tests of reading, math, and science.

Don't you know it. At the banquet, he offers chicken shit salad as the main course for all of us who aren't multimillionaires.

Then with a straight face he tries to pass it off as chicken salad. That is the most aggrevating part - trying ot convince us that chicken shit salad and chicken salad are Realy that same thing so don't worry about it. Just eas the chicken shit salad and be thankful.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You already denied poor black children a shot at a better education by thumbing your nose at school vouchers. You hate poor black children apparently by forcing their parents to send their commtted student to worthless inner city schools.

We already spend more than every country in the world per student on education in real dollars except for 2 very small coutries in europe so YOU think throwing more money at eduction is the answer.

We could spend even more money on education and get no better results because YOU hate giving poor people a shot.

Black males are so far behind the world in skill sets its sad. You are the reason. You force parents to not have a choice. Pilate.

Ask YOUR congressman why he approves this budgeting of money? Why didn't Bill Clinton make any headway? Ask YOUR congressman why he doesn't close military bases? Its YOUR fault. Ask the NEA why non union charter schools with under privleledged black and hispanic students do better than Unionized schools in all measures of school performance.. Its YOUR fault. Take some responsibilty. You don't know how your money is being spent and why, so its YOUR fault.

And please let poor black kids have a shot at a better life. Give them school vouchers.

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All I want to know is why didn't this happen when Bush said before he ordered troops into war "IRAQI OIL WILL PAY FOR THE FUNDING OF THE WAR"!!!!!!!!!! Stupid Asshole...

Cut our losses and get out...It's time to bring back out troops.
Even a deaf, dumb and blind bastard knows Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11.
and terriost were not allowed in Iraq before the war as Saddam considered them a threat to his rule. Too many people forget and only hear what they want.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can't seriously expect anyone to take you seriously with that as your criteria, can you?

Here's a little hint for you, if you ask them how it's doing, and they tell you how bad it is, they get in trouble with their employer. They are ordered to be nice and upbeat.

I once went into a Papa Gino's pizza restaurant (not sure if they have them where you are, a fast food type pizza place for the most part), the manager was completely berating an employee for not greeting the customer in front of me with a smile, as in threatening to fire him. THAT is what fast food workers put up with.

If you are so far removed from real working people that you think a drive through cashier is being 100% honest when they tell you life is just ducky, then you really need to get off your pedestal and rejoin the real people.

That person that tells you life is "good" is either telling you that because they have to, or telling you that because they're a teenager whose parents pick up the slack (like health insurance) that their job at McDonalds isn't providing. That person who tells you life is "good" in a drive through at McDonalds hasn't had to go to the doctor lately with no insurance and no paid time off.

What a tool. I prefaced the entire post with the word *anecdotal.( Thats means it really isn't worth a lot, unscientific. . Do you know what that word means?

You are a complete moron if you think health insuranace is a partisan issue.

Jimbopete1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"What will happen if we pull out" will look pretty much exactly like what is happening right now -- except our soldiers won't be in the crossfire, and Halliburton won't be able to manipulate Iraq's oil supply.
What will happen if we pull out is that terrorists of Hezbollah and Al Queda will take the opportunity to rally their forces. The consequence will be Beirut all over again, but more intensely. And what do you think would happen to the Iraqi citizens? Mass panic, starvation, civil war. Iraq is not ready to stand on its own. Although I have great confidence in the abilities of the U.S., I believe that a joint effort with the UN or WTO is in order.

And if you think the war in Iraq is keeping terrorists from striking us, YOU'RE THE IDIOT. Furthermore, a unilateral, first-strike war with trumped-up justification can never, never be right. If you disagree, YOU'RE THE TERRORIST too.
Ooo, im the terrorist too eh....how scary. Its funny how people try to convince others that although now they are against the causes of war, there was a 75% approval rating for the war back in 2003. Now, because the liberals are scared and want to cut and run, everyone who believes that we can't win are doing the same, with their tails between their legs, running and yelling at Bush to help them, which they aren't getting. I agree that some of the causes were ify, like oil...but there was also Saddam Hussein's refusal to allow UN inspectors to search for WMDs and the threat of a new regime.
As far as who's got the balls to do what, you are far too green to judge that here, n00b. But hey - thanks for alerting us so quickly to your excellent qualifications for ignore list candidacy. Thanks for playing and have a super life.
You have no idea what I've seen in my life or my experience, so don't go callin ppl "green" before you know them. You can ignore me if you want, but it's just gonna be a folly on your part, that you wont have your facts analyzed or scrutinized, which makes you the NOOB.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You already denied poor black children a shot at a better education by thumbing your nose at school vouchers. You hate poor black children apparently by forcing their parents to send their commtted student to worthless inner city schools.

We already spend more than every country in the world per student on education in real dollars except for 2 very small coutries in europe so YOU think throwing more money at eduction is the answer.

We could spend even more money on education and get no better results because YOU hate giving poor people a shot.

Black males are so far behind the world in skill sets its sad. You are the reason. You force parents to not have a choice. Pilate.

Just because we spend more than other countries does not mean we spend enough or spend it well. Tell me why we should spend more on military than on education or healthcare? Don't deflect the issue with percentage comparisons across countries. I am speaking about American issues. It does not matter if we spend more of less if what we are doing is not working.

Vouchers are not the answer and we have already had this conversation.

I am curious, however, as to why you are making education a racial issue? It's really a class issue. Rural white kids perform as poorly as urban kids when compared to their middle class white peers.

And as a lifetime educator, I take exception to the idea that I should care more about one group of students over another. The equate education of all children should be everyone's concern.

Jimbopete1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Give the man a little slack, he's not perfect. I appreciate how he's more like the normal person. This video only points out the bad points in his speeches, but not any of the numerous good speeches. Sometimes the guy stutters, give me a video of your life so far, and ill make one hell of a funny video like that one.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What will happen if we pull out is that terrorists of Hezbollah and Al Queda will take the opportunity to rally their forces. The consequence will be Beirut all over again, but more intensely. And what do you think would happen to the Iraqi citizens? Mass panic, starvation, civil war. Iraq is not ready to stand on its own. Although I have great confidence in the abilities of the U.S., I believe that a joint effort with the UN or WTO is in order.

You mean there's a shortage of all that already? I have to ask, given the context of your remarks; why the WTO - do they have a secret army of heavily armed accountants and lawyers we don't know about?

Ooo, im the terrorist too eh....how scary. Its funny how people try to convince others that although now they are against the causes of war, there was a 75% approval rating for the war back in 2003. Now, because the liberals are scared and want to cut and run, everyone who believes that we can't win are doing the same, with their tails between their legs, running and yelling at Bush to help them, which they aren't getting. I agree that some of the causes were ify, like oil...but there was also Saddam Hussein's refusal to allow UN inspectors to search for WMDs and the threat of a new regime.

A 75% approval rating based on misinformation doesn't make that approval valid. It makes it misguided. Now, assuming that the premise of the war was invalid (which you appear, to a degree to concede) tell us how staying, and making the situation worse is a better plan than formulating a clear exit strategy, you know like should have been done at the start but never mind that.

I'm not advocating unilateral immediate withdrawal, just trying to undertand your.....logic. Public support for war is traditionally fickle, more so once the reality sinks in and American public support for offensive military action overseas especially so.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just because we spend more than other countries does not mean we spend enough or spend it well. Tell me why we should spend more on military than on education or healthcare? Don't deflect the issue with percentage comparisons across countries. I am speaking about American issues. It does not matter if we spend more of less if what we are doing is not working.

I am curious, however, as to why you are making education a racial issue? It's really a class issue. Rural white kids perform as poorly as urban kids when compared to their middle class white peers.

And as a lifetime educator, I take exception to the idea that I should care more about one group of students over another. The equate education of all children should be everyone's concern.

You are right its is a class issue.

I think vouchers are another tool that needs to be given a shot. You do not. I think you are missing a great idea. We differ.

40 years ago spending less money in real dollars we lead the world in education. We produced more well educated folks than any country per capita. Now spending even more money we are falling behind.

clearly the TYPE of student we are trying to educate has changed. Can't sugar coat it. And BTW when you lump in state money our total spending on education is higher.

The old way ain;t working. And YOU won't try anything new. You just say money, like a broken record. Go ahead spend it, it won't change a thing. If you won't look at any new ideas and i will the fault is yours. Live with it and the damage it creates. Its your fault. I want ALL new ideas tried.

And I am the rigid, calcified thinker? What a joke. Your a just a puppet, a front man for the education bureaucracy. You are bought and and paid for.

Jimbopete1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You mean there's a shortage of all that already? I have to ask, given the context of your remarks; why the WTO - do they have a secret army of heavily armed accountants and lawyers we don't know about?

A 75% approval rating based on misinformation doesn't make that approval valid. It makes it misguided. Now, assuming that the premise of the war was invalid (which you appear, to a degree to concede) tell us how staying, and making the situation worse is a better plan than formulating a clear exit strategy, you know like should have been done at the start but never mind that.

I'm not advocating unilateral immediate withdrawal, just trying to undertand your.....logic. Public support for war is traditionally fickle, more so once the reality sinks in and American public support for offensive military action overseas especially so.
I already have stated my reasoning.
The WTO, as you may or may not know, is an international orgainization which allows for cooperation between nations, much like the GATT did or similar in some respects to the UN. The WTO could be the key to cooperation between the U.S. and other forces around the world. Read up more on the WTO on your own, because it would take to long to explain. Just go to WTO | Welcome to the WTO website.
Lastly, I don't see how the situation is getting "worse". It's not like there have been more killings lately or anything, i don't see any attacks at the U.S. soil on TV, or anywhere outside of the warzones. From interviews of soldiers their, it can be confirmed that we are "winning" the war (helping the Iraqi ppl sustain themselves, clear out weapons of terrorists, and im sure there are some hidden motives as well, as well..) and that the soldiers want most for the U.S. to just support them, no back-stabbing liberal bull.
And yes, support is low, but you're not helping.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The WTO, as you may or may not know, is an international orgainization which allows for cooperation between nations, much like the GATT did or similar in some respects to the UN. The WTO could be the key to cooperation between the U.S. and other forces around the world. Read up more on the WTO on your own, because it would take to long to explain. Just go to WTO | Welcome to the WTO website.

I know what the WTO is.:rolleyes:

I commented because I just don't see a useful role for them right now in avoiding an escalating slide toward a full blown civil war and possible regional conflict. My reasoning; most Iraqi businessmen being more concerned with staying alive than negotiating international (trade) agreements.

Lastly, I don't see how the situation is getting "worse". It's not like there have been more killings lately or anything, i don't see any attacks at the U.S. soil on TV, or anywhere outside of the warzones. From interviews of soldiers their, it can be confirmed that we are "winning" the war (helping the Iraqi ppl sustain themselves, clear out weapons of terrorists, and im sure there are some hidden motives as well, as well..) and that the soldiers want most for the U.S. to just support them, no back-stabbing liberal bull. And yes, support is low, but you're not helping

I wasn't trying to help, I doubt any helpful comments here would be of much assistance to those dying as a result of sectarian violence, much of which is being excerabated by a foreign troop presence. We're talking about Iraq not the US - have a look around the region, in case you hadn't noticed it's not exactly stress free, though that's hardly unusual per se.

I don't recall back stabbing anyone, I support 100% the troops in the field, they're putting their lives in jeopardy and too often, being castigated for it back home. What I don't support the rationale behind them being there, I didn't in 2003 and I don't now. If you can't see the difference between those two concepts, let me know and I'll draw you a picture.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You have no idea what I've seen in my life or my experience, so don't go callin ppl "green" before you know them. You can ignore me if you want, but it's just gonna be a folly on your part, that you wont have your facts analyzed or scrutinized, which makes you the NOOB.
I'll go easy on you, because of your age.

Who is telling you what to think? Do you even know the history of al-Qaeda? You realize that it was founded BECAUSE OF USA TROOP PRESENCE IN SAUDI ARABIA?

Maintaining a heavy military presence anywhere in the Middle East will continue to encourage those terrorists to target western countries. Pulling out would mitigate the situation, but not repair the damage already done.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll go easy on you, because of your age.[/color]

Who is telling you what to think? Do you even know the history of al-Qaeda? You realize that it was founded BECAUSE OF USA TROOP PRESENCE IN SAUDI ARABIA?

Maintaining a heavy military presence anywhere in the Middle East will continue to encourage those terrorists to target western countries. Pulling out would mitigate the situation, but not repair the damage already done.

True, DC. But offering a wider perspective is wasted on those with tunnel vision.

witchway

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

As a black male teacher overseas, I agree with you 100% Lex! Americans should be concerned about all their children not just one's of a particular race! White middle class American children still score lower on standardized tests than their European counterparts. Hmmmm......

witchway

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Lastly, I don't see how the situation is getting "worse". It's not like there have been more killings lately or anything, i don't see any attacks at the U.S. soil on TV, or anywhere outside of the warzones. From interviews of soldiers their, it can be confirmed that we are "winning" the war (helping the Iraqi ppl sustain themselves, clear out weapons of terrorists, and im sure there are some hidden motives as well, as well..) and that the soldiers want most for the U.S. to just support them, no back-stabbing liberal bull.

Support is low but not against the soldiers who are over there dying! That's why people have to voice their opposition to war and loss of all those precious lives!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
Lastly, I don't see how the situation is getting "worse". It's not like there have been more killings lately or anything,
And I don't see how the situation is getting any better. I see more money being spent, I see more lives being snuffed out, but I don't see a stable self-governing Iraq yet... after HOW MANY YEARS?
i don't see any attacks at the U.S. soil on TV, or anywhere outside of the warzones.
Uh huh. And, let's see, prior to 9/11/01, how often were these kinds of attacks occurring?
From interviews of soldiers their,
None of those chosen for their slant, I'm sure...
it can be confirmed that we are "winning" the war (helping the Iraqi ppl sustain themselves, clear out weapons of terrorists, and im sure there are some hidden motives as well, as well..)
Evidence? Or just propaganda?
and that the soldiers want most for the U.S. to just support them, no back-stabbing liberal bull.
I wish you could understand how damned outrageously OFFENSIVE it is to me that you have the nerve even to post that. I'm a veteran of the US Armed Forces. Are you? If I had been stationed in Iraq fighting a pointless expensive war, I would have felt better if my fellow countrymen had DEMANDED our withdrawal. I know what excuses the administration is FEEDING us about why we are still there, but what are the real reasons? If I were still on active duty, and fighting in Iraq, I would feel betrayed by my country for our continued presence over there.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What a tool. I prefaced the entire post with the word *anecdotal.( Thats means it really isn't worth a lot, unscientific. . Do you know what that word means?

You are a complete moron if you think health insuranace is a partisan issue.

Where did I use the word partisan or refer to a party? Do you actually read posts or do you just type the first knee-jerk response that pops into your pointy little head?

If you didn't place value on your anectodal example, you wouldn't have posted it, you obviously took the "life is good" statement of a McDonald's drive through employee to heart.

Please save your sanctimonious bullshit for someone who will buy into it.