Bush Legacy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mensch1351, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    Well -- I'm no financial expert by any means ------- but it DOES appear as though Mr. Bush's FINAL months in office will be very similar to his FIRST years in office when we heard all that dire financial news from Enron and WorldCom, etc. (and I remember how "daddy" had that great Savings and Loan scandal which cost the American taxpayers a lot of big bucks)! So now................it's "Bear-Stearns" "Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac" & now Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch. Hmmmmmmm. Whatever has happened in Washington to allow these companies to think that they could just get away with all these shananigans and not end up paying a high price??? Could it be when you THINK you've got a friend in the White House who "acts" as though he's above the Law -- it sets the tone and mood for a hell of a lot of companies to think the same way. So much for "just keep the government --OUT-- of business and the mantra of "free market" ---- but when literally, "the blue chips" are down -- we expect the taxpayer to come to the rescue.
    Hell --- the terrorists won't HAVE to invade/attack us --- they're simply going to write a check and BUY us!!
    Ahhhh yes --- and with all the other "smoke screen" issues, like following Osama Bin Laden to the gates of hell.........................vote Republican -- keep them in power!! I feel so much safer knowing that we're going to continue spending $10 billion per month IN IRAQ -- in order to put "our" Country First!!! STraight talk? Double talk!:rolleyes:

2. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

Bush will be known in histroy along the same line as Hitler. We won't know all of his true evil deeds for years..but it will come out in time.

3. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think that's the case. I'm inclined to think history will look on Bush more kindly than we all do now. Not deify him or anything, but unless revisionist history completely flips it one way or the other, 100 years down the line I don't think he will be viewed as the worst president ever, or even among the names tossed around for it.

4. sargon20

Gold Member

Bush's Reign of Error: A Timeline

5. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

You are off your rocker! He clearly is the worst! It will become more and more clear as times goes on. When President Obama takes over and little by little he repairs all of the damage Bush single handedly created. Bush has brought this country down to its knees. We are a damaged hurting country from Bushes follies. No President has ever came close to the damage Bush caused. And our image with the rest of the world will take 50 years or more to repair. When Bush took office we were the most admired and respected county. Now we are the most hated and despised country.

6. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I fear that you may be right. The fact that the guy ran roughshod over the Constitution, instituted the secret and arbitrary arrest, imprisonment, and torture of people, gave no-bid contracts to his or his VP's cronies, brazenly and repeatedly lied about ordering torture, ordered wiretaps without legal authorization, and all the rest of it -- nobody will remember that. Hell, most people don't even seem to care about such facts right now; what are the odds that they will care about them fifty years from now?

7. sargon20

Gold Member

People don't care about all the lies that got us into Iraq just five years ago. But historians will know.

History News Network’s poll of 109 historians found that 61 percent of them rank Bush as “worst ever” among U.S. presidents. Bush’s key competition comes from Buchanan, apparently, and a further 2 percent of the sample puts Bush right behind Buchanan as runner-up for “worst ever.” 96 percent of the respondents place the Bush presidency in the bottom tier of American presidencies. And was his presidency (it’s a bit wishful to speak of his presidency in the past tense–after all there are several more months left to go) a success or failure? On that score the numbers are still more resounding: 98 percent label it a “failure.”
    Worst. President. Ever.?By Scott Horton (Harper's Magazine)

But of course all those historians are liberals and we don't need to listen to them anyway.

#7 sargon20, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  8. pym

pym New Member

50 years from now, this nation will still be paying 'the cost' of this admininistration. Trillions squandered, Foreign debt at record levels that CAN-NOT be paid off, No manufacturing left in a market that since the beginning of time has been predicated on having GOODS to sell{China has CORNERED that market}, and absolutely no respect will be forth-coming to this nation from every other one that was CHUMP'ed off as the AXIS of WEASEL{have you forgotten already?}. We will be at the end of the line in all future economic consideration from the rest of the world for decade's to come. We have lost thing's that can not be gotten back. Even our SCRAP metal's mined a century ago out of long exhaused strip mine's, have long ago been sent over sea's to build industry's and entire cities that have replaced our own. But hey, ya all got your Ipod,cell phone,laptop,pager,portable dvd player,etc...... That you WILL need to replace just as soon as the marketplace INSIST's that you need too.....And Asian interest's will be glad to oblige you. I could write 10 page's....We will still be just as fucked. We stood at the precipace, january 31'st 1999 of a new century. And we as a nation decided to place an IDIOT on the dais, not once but twice. To boldly go where no one has gone before.

9. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

I have to object I personally did everything I could to stop the monkey face devil from being elected BOTH times!

10. pym

pym New Member

As did I. I DID NOT VOTE, EITHER TIME, FOR 'THAT' JACK-ASS and his henchmen.

11. B_New End

B_New End New Member

He has already been classified as one of the worst by 107 historians. Only 2 had him in the top third. No honest historian can say with a straight face this administration has been one of the best, and most of them can say with a straight face, he has been one of the worst, if not the worst.

Its the complete lack of attention to the economy, its also his complete inability/desire to communicate with the American people, his multiple foreign policy gaffes, the blatant cronyism and corruption, and total disregard for the constitution.

No administration has been so scandal ridden. There was a few years that the only thing stopping a scandal story was a new one a week later.

No president has had an approval rating this low, for this long.

12. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

i didnt vote for the jack ass stupid skum bag either, and i will never vote republican they have never been for the working man/women and never will be, just like this morning on the news he said he was looking forward to going down to texas to see the people and to help lol also said i know the price of gas is hard on our drivers but there just gona have to deal with it, shows his stupidness here we have been dealing with his out of touch ass for the past 8 yrs, only man that ever had a surplus and balenced budget at the same time and was do stupid to know what to do with it, and then you have McSame telling everyone whats wrong with dc, lol, i know whats wrong with it to many republicans.

#12 B_Morning_Glory, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  13. cachondo

cachondo New Member

ATOMIC TIGER: you said it like it is. What mystifies me is how McCain can be ahead after all the damage that Bush has done. Today's news is devastating (Lehmann Bros. etc.) and still McSame is a viable candidate! I'm moving to Mexico if the Republicans steal yet another election. Bush and the religious right have fucked this country...Cachondo

14. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

yes they have and if GOD FORBID MCSAME is in he will be fucking sara while hes fucking the rest of the country as well, but i dought he will be doing very much as his ole tickler cant last to long i guess, and there not to meany of us left with anything to fuck with they have taken it all, and are working on our fredom now, wont be long we wont be able to say what we do now it is getting to that very soon and under the so called GOD FEARING REPUBLICANS i dont see how they can stand up there and lie like they do in god we trust. sooner they burn in hell the better i say.

15. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

Thanks for the compliment. The polls don't really mean much now so I am not that worried. I saw a reliable report over the weekend. It showed how states are leaning and if you add it up Obama is leading almost 2 to 1 over George McCame. McSame has virtually no chance of being elected---BUT we have to keep on speading the word and educating people on what is going on.:smile:

16. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

It has nothing to do with what they thought....

Bush and the republican congress DE-REGULATED the stock and lending sectors....

They literally not only ALLOWED this kind of graft- they actively encouraged it thru relaxed laws concerning was was and what was not allowed.

Even more interesting.... 8 years ago when the shit hit the fan after the collapse of the dotCom speculation... there was a lot of talk about what a severe impact a failure of the US economy would have on the WORLD economy....

Notice how you are not hearing nearly as much of that anymore?

That is because the US dollar is not longer the preferred capital in the world today... its because 8 years of Bush has even further turned this nation from a world LENDER to a world BORROWER...

Its because mulitnationals have growing markets in India and China, and because Europe- which has been effectively REGULATING its markets, has an economy almost a big as the US, independent of the US...

The Republicans have done far worse than bankrupt the US both monetarily and in reputation...

They have made the US practically irrelevant on the world stage.

Republicanism....Every man for himself!

But hey, don't worry about the board members of Merril Lynch.... or any of the Republicans other major supporters...

They all pulled their money out BEFORE the bust....

Y'know, the money they borrowed from China and signed YOUR name to....

Yeah, in the post- USA world they will be doing fine....

17. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

I'm really happy you opened your statement with "im not expert' because if you or anyone else thinks what has happened in the credit market has to do with one particular President- your sadly mistaken and have not been listen to the news.
    On the other hand we did get 10.5 inches of rain here in the windy city this past weekend- that is Bushes fault.

18. B_New End

B_New End New Member

the war made gas and food expensive. Families had to choose between gass, food or mortgage. They chose the former... hoping something would work out. When it didn't, they went into default.

It was the stupid war, and reckless spending that ruined the dollar, and made inflation skyrocket.

It sits square in the lap of the Bush administration.

19. B_phe1249

B_phe1249 New Member

I am so amazed by the uninformed statements.
    Its clear, food has gone up as a result of enthanol- the dem gore hugging program
    The raising cost of gas lies squarely with the Dems- no drilling, no new Nukes, no nothing unless its bicycle.
    The war- dunno but Sadam gassed the Kurds, lefts thousands dead lying in open fields to rot- guess thats ok with the Libs
    What have the Liberals ever done for America?

20. Beryn

Beryn Member

How soon we forget the many scandals of the Clinton Administration, with one scandal leading to his impeachment.

George W. Bush also has the record for the Highest Approval rating of any sitting President, 92% to be exact.

Draft saved Draft deleted