Bush on torture 2006

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps we all remember bush's stance on torture when Abu Gharib and Guantanamo first became noteworthy names- remember when "we didn't torture detainees"? Then we (the American people) found out that we DID torture detainees, but it was okay because the president said so. We dropped it for whatever ungodly reason (oh, I think it's because Dancing With the Stars came out) but now these fourteen recently transferred men are creating a controversy that ol' george is going to have some difficulty shuffling out of. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt he'll be instructed to say something just preposterous enough to placate his base (doesn't Al Queada mean "the base"?), but what I'm really hoping for is that his own unique and undeniable stupidity will be his undoing. If enough "nice people" who cover their sensitive ears when someone says damn, shit or hell find out that we have been holding prisoners underwater to elicit confessions Salem Witch trial style, I think they're going to scrape him off like a scab. I honestly think he deserves to be tried as a war criminal for this shit, it's so far beyond humane or acceptable, and I don't want to hear a fucking word about "what they did". We have due process for a reason, and if that is violated, as it clearly was here, then it is WE who are committing war crimes and we need to see first that OUR own house is in order- you know, remove the plank from our own eye before worrying about the speck in our brother's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag3QsL2hbXI

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ah, I gather that this is why they have been trying to amend the interrogation policies and procedures. I wish I could say that I am surprised, but I am not.

To think we once impeached a president for getting his dick sucked and lying about it. Seems even sillier now.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jana, doll, you know that the reason those rules and laws are on the books is so that when we need to villify someone, we can bring them up. If they get inconvenient (like, say, the Geneva Convention) we just simply claim "they don't apply to our prisoners, because we re-defined 'prisoner'. If we simply call them 'enemy combatants', then we don't HAVE to follow the rules."

I'm going to broaden your OP, and add that I think anytime any particular person or agency or group in the government shows a penchant for lying (about ANYTHING) then they should be tried on criminal charges. From bush & his cabinet, to the House and Senate, to the state and local levels, things will only get steadily worse unless we (as the public) start demanding absolutely that our elected public servants and any of their appointees adhere to a strict code of ethics.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I really do feel for future Presidential candidates who will be vying for this seat as President. I think that America's image has really been tarnished here. We have been duped.

But, hey, American people voted for President Bush...not once but twice. How does that look to other countries? What does that say about our "democracy"? What does this say about our voting system and voting, in general?

(Oh, Madame Zora. I really liked the "Dancing With The Stars" observation. That was witty and very funny.)

B_horribleperson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you know what the sad thing is:

al lthe vets who have been tortured like John McCain (for 5+ years) are all against torturing people

but the chicken hawks ( Bush and his buddies) who have never seen battle let alone been tortured, are all for torture.

and they ahve the balls to call the vets Un-American for not blindly supporting Bush & Co.

why dont we just start cutting peoples heads off like the terrorist do cuz if we say that torture is ok then we are no better then the terrorist and whats the point of this war in the first place.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Now, now, guys, you know good and well it's not torture that you're against. You're simply against who's doing it.

Had the election outcome(s) been different in 2000 or 2004 you'd all be lining up to support your president with thumbscrews and battleaxes in hand. :rolleyes:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
horribleperson said:
you know what the sad thing is:

al lthe vets who have been tortured like John McCain (for 5+ years) are all against torturing people

but the chicken hawks ( Bush and his buddies) who have never seen battle let alone been tortured, are all for torture.

and they ahve the balls to call the vets Un-American for not blindly supporting Bush & Co.

why dont we just start cutting peoples heads off like the terrorist do cuz if we say that torture is ok then we are no better then the terrorist and whats the point of this war in the first place.
I was not a prisoner of war, but I am a veteran. You really have no idea how much it does anger me when someone, who has never served in wartime or peacetime, calls me unamerican for my views of the current administration.

LOL just an aside, horribleperson, we old-timers referred to the war-mongers as hawks, peacemongers as doves, and pedophiles as chickenhawks.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pecker said:
Now, now, guys, you know good and well it's not torture that you're against. You're simply against who's doing it.

Had the election outcome(s) been different in 2000 or 2004 you'd all be lining up to support your president with thumbscrews and battleaxes in hand. :rolleyes:
You're absolutely right, Pecker. If this were a different president, say one that is less American, i would be all for the torturing we're doing now. I would also be all for an oil war, a holy war, and invasions of privacy. Naturally, i would blindly follow any other person. I enjoy being a sheep, especially when being herded by wolves. Just not this particular wolf.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
joyboytoy79 said:
You're absolutely right, Pecker. If this were a different president, say one that is less American, i would be all for the torturing we're doing now. I would also be all for an oil war, a holy war, and invasions of privacy. Naturally, i would blindly follow any other person. I enjoy being a sheep, especially when being herded by wolves. Just not this particular wolf.

Yeah, and I want to be blowing Bill Clinton while he's pushing the big red button on those fucking towel-heads.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
madame_zora said:
Yeah, and I want to be blowing Bill Clinton while he's pushing the big red button on those fucking towel-heads.

OK, but do i get to blow him while he's nuking the Frech, Russians, and Japanese? Or maybe we can take turns?

*revels in american supremacy*

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Oh, but Jana, I'm afraid you've missed the point:

"...
it's unacceptable to think ..."
George Bush, Rose Garden Speech.

big_8peter

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ever notice the white house press corps gets a dose of "cut and run" every day ?? When the subject gets tough, Mr Snow Cuts off the answer and runs for a new subject....

Oh.. not unique to Mr Snow, either... Bush and Cheney are champs at it !

(big_8peter ... formerly Big_peter)

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There was a huge book at chapters awhile back about how the U.S. has been creeping ever closer to publicly endorsing torture. It was full of dry and boring documents and letters, but it did make a VERY powerful case, especially since it made it without commentary and let the official documents do the talking.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
big_8peter said:
Ever notice the white house press corps gets a dose of "cut and run" every day ?? When the subject gets tough, Mr Snow Cuts off the answer and runs for a new subject....

Oh.. not unique to Mr Snow, either... Bush and Cheney are champs at it !

(big_8peter ... formerly Big_peter)

"... it's unacceptable to think ..." --George Bu$h, Rose Garden Speech.

Yeah, Don't think that this is over. Don't think America, Bush will do the thinking for you. It's the American Way. The Bu$h Way is THE law. You know that Bu$h don't handle (or fair well in) debates whatsoever. I hope you didn't forget the Bu$h debates with Gore and Kerry in their respective Presidential races. Gore and Kerry put him through the ringer...big time.