Bush on torture 2006

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I doubt that the policy of torture, er, I mean, intense interrogation techniques, being advocated by the GWB administration is really designed to gather actionable intel. Instead, its just a simple political gambit designed to pander to the vengeance ethic in Bush's wingnut voting base.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did anybody notice that The National Intelligence Estimate just came out and said that the war in Iraq has made terrorism worse throughout the world. All six intelligence agencies participated in this study and were unanimous in their conclusion. WE ARE WORSE OFF NOW BECAUSE WE LOVE TO BOMB PEOPLE INTO THE NEXT STONE AGE. Americans and their trigger happy video game fingers just love to put a cap in someone's ass... really makes 'em feel good inside. We also love to destroy homes, bridges, roads, etc., really puts a smile on our faces. We are so fucking decadent...where's my toga?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
tripod said:
WE ARE WORSE OFF NOW BECAUSE WE LOVE TO BOMB PEOPLE INTO THE NEXT STONE AGE.

Yup, big effin' surprise. :cool:

The powers that be can talk all they want about evil regimes, and WMD, and bringing democracy to the oppressed, and making the world safe and blah, blah, blah... none of these things resonate to the average man or woman in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

What the average man or woman in those countries sees is our killing people of their faith or culture, often by (oops!) accident. Or committing atrocities to people they consider near-kin at Abu Ghraib, Cuba, or parts unknown in Eastern Europe. Of course there's more dislike of us (and more terrorists) due to our doing things like this. That's just common sense.

Someone seems to have forgotten that in order to claim the moral high ground, you actually have to conduct yourself morally. :rolleyes:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Shelby said:
when the motherfuckers saw off peoples heads and publicise it on video to make a point, yeah I take the 'high ground'.

Your moral relativism might feel good to you but it's ultimately defeatist bullshit.

In my opinion

Maybe it's defeatism when we (as a nation) demonstrate by our actions that we have no other recourse but to engage in violations of human rights... because our enemies do so.

Maybe it's defeatism when those actions make it difficult for others to distinguish us from our enemies.

Maybe it's defeatism when by our actions we lend legitimacy to the very vilifications that our enemies wish to heap upon us.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rob_just_rob said:
Someone seems to have forgotten that in order to claim the moral high ground, you actually have to conduct yourself morally. :rolleyes:

ORLY? By the looks of things I'd have thought you only had to be able to fool your citizens into believing you're acting morally.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shelby said:
Don't worry, us stupids will do our best to defend the way of life you take for granted.

I know, you didn't ask.
Shelby said:
All of you folks who knee jerk assume our presently elected representatives are inherently evil.
Shelby, you still have not told me exactly what you meant by these quotes. I'm still waiting. I really don't want to respond before I'm really quite certain.
Shelby said:
when the motherfuckers saw off peoples heads and publicise it on video to make a point, yeah I take the 'high ground'.

Your moral relativism might feel good to you but it's ultimately defeatist bullshit.

In my opinion
I wonder which is the moral high ground... committing atrocities and publicizing them, or committing atrocities and hiding them and lying about them.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
madame_zora said:
ORLY? By the looks of things I'd have thought you only had to be able to fool your citizens into believing you're acting morally.

Wait. Wait, wait. WAIT!!!

Are you, in any way, implicitly or otherwise, insinuating that our Lord and Savior Jesus Bush... errr, uhm, GEORGE Bush (blessed be his name) is trying to dupe the American people? Why Zora, how very VERY unamerican of you! SHAME be on you AND your house! The W only does what is right for HIS people. We belong to him, and he will protect us (while sitting comfortably on his throne in the whitehouse) from the evil-doers and non-believers. YOU MUST HAVE FAITH!

Amen, Halleluja!!!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
tripod said:
Did anybody notice that The National Intelligence Estimate just came out and said that the war in Iraq has made terrorism worse throughout the world. All six intelligence agencies participated in this study and were unanimous in their conclusion. WE ARE WORSE OFF NOW BECAUSE WE LOVE TO BOMB PEOPLE INTO THE NEXT STONE AGE.
Yes, Tripod, not only have I noticed it, I came to the same conclusion months ago. (I have too many irons in the fire right now to search back through my posts). Some members on the board chose to flame me, call me alarmist, conspiracy-theorist, un-American, terrorist sympathizer, the list goes on and on. It really seems to me to be an OBVIOUS given. The bushies will continue to say the terrorism stems from every other country in the world being "jealous of our freedom." That assertion is wrong on so many levels I just don't even know where to begin... I will continue to say the "war on terror" could be fought very simply, with very little bloodshed. End the "global imperialist" mindset of the US government, and a whole shitload of problems will be solved.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
tripod said:
Did anybody notice that The National Intelligence Estimate just came out and said that the war in Iraq has made terrorism worse throughout the world. All six intelligence agencies participated in this study and were unanimous in their conclusion. WE ARE WORSE OFF NOW BECAUSE WE LOVE TO BOMB PEOPLE INTO THE NEXT STONE AGE. Americans and their trigger happy video game fingers just love to put a cap in someone's ass... really makes 'em feel good inside. We also love to destroy homes, bridges, roads, etc., really puts a smile on our faces. We are so fucking decadent...where's my toga?
You're always so emotionally strong, you know that? If you were a girl, I'd find it even more cute.

*Ahem!*

Americans torturing or murdering the innocent? It isn't new y'know, the system has been in place since the 60s. Heck my dad (a fan of the African Unity movement) could recite from memory all the leaders who were tortured to death in the name of American Interests.

I find it funny that we even consider ourselves the good guys. At least I know that we've killed at BEST 10 times the number of people killed in 9/11, but heck. I'll tell you the real punchline. Notice where the Iraq oil is?

IN IRAQ! Otherwise gas prices should be dropping. I saw in a paper that one of the big motivations for conquering the Muslim nations is that as they are oil rich, it prevents the upcoming Asian giants from getting any.

So, in short: The reason all your troops are dying by terrorists, is to prevent it happening to the Chinese. I think I'm going to burst a lung laughing.

Back on topic. The US has always been in the unique position of only using UN rules to put down others. The anti-nuclear proliferation rules, the anti chemical/bioterror rules, treatment of POWs, forced kidnapping and illegal detainment...

If this was any other country, it'd have a war declared on it.

Aren't you lucky the US is an Island?

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
Yes, Tripod, not only have I noticed it, I came to the same conclusion months ago. (I have too many irons in the fire right now to search back through my posts). Some members on the board chose to flame me, call me alarmist, conspiracy-theorist, un-American, terrorist sympathizer, the list goes on and on. It really seems to me to be an OBVIOUS given. The bushies will continue to say the terrorism stems from every other country in the world being "jealous of our freedom." That assertion is wrong on so many levels I just don't even know where to begin... I will continue to say the "war on terror" could be fought very simply, with very little bloodshed. End the "global imperialist" mindset of the US government, and a whole shitload of problems will be solved.
The easiest way to destroy an idea is to prove it wrong. But as Brit TV shows, the young are being recruited through the NEWS! How can we turn around and say:

"We're not torturing your kind"
"We're not blowing the shit out of your kind"
"We're not invading your ancestral lands for profit"

When they can watch on daily news how fucked their parent's homelands have become?

I will say, that the TRUE enemy aren't making anything better by exploiting this feeling on both sides.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
I will continue to say the "war on terror" could be fought very simply, with very little bloodshed. End the "global imperialist" mindset of the US government, and a whole shitload of problems will be solved.

"But... That might mean we would have to give up some comforts... like... uh... well, it would ruin the economy." I think it's time for the "right" to come up with better arguments.

The people of the United States have been, for quite some time, duped into believing it is in our best interests to own the world. The "bomb the shit out of them" mentality comes from the majority of americans truly feeling they are the best of the people in the world. So sad.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lex said:
Ah, I gather that this is why they have been trying to amend the interrogation policies and procedures. I wish I could say that I am surprised, but I am not.

To think we once impeached a president for getting his dick sucked and lying about it. Seems even sillier now.
Would someone please give this idiot a blowjob so we can impeach him? I'm just baffeled to think that this nut-case got elected once, let alone twice, but I think the 2004 election was an inside rig job.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jbt79, I think a good start would be a return to teaching civics, american government, and american history again, starting at about 5th grade, and continuing on for years. Included in that training should be the idea that blind obedience is NOT good citizenship, and that all patriotic americans MUST be involved in the process. As it stands, we have a couple of generations now who think "If the president says it's ok, then it must be. If the congress passes a law, it must be constitutional." This is not acceptable.

coopturn

Expert Member
Media
hot-rod said:
Would someone please give this idiot a blowjob so we can impeach him? I'm just baffeled to think that this nut-case got elected once, let alone twice, but I think the 2004 election was an inside rig job.

FYI, no President has ever been impeached for getting a bj. Rather, the previous deisgrace who held that office was impeached for lying under oath. The man had no respect for the rule of law. Hell, he didn't even understand the meaning of the word is. But oh boy, he sure knew how to respond to acts of terrorism from Islamic fascists. What did he do? He bombed an aspirin factory. That sure made us safe, er until 9/11/2001 that is. But I guess that was all some conspiracy of G. W. and the neocons.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
coopturn said:
FYI, no President has ever been impeached for getting a bj. Rather, the previous deisgrace who held that office was impeached for lying under oath.
Old news, doll. The "impeached for a blowjob" is hyperbolic and satiric. We aren't idiots, we know what happened. Funny that when he told that lie under oath, the special investigator was tasked with investigating his ties to the Whitewater land deals, not investigating his sex life. No one has explained that one for me yet.
The man had no respect for the rule of law. Hell, he didn't even understand the meaning of the word is.
Quite unlike George, who has never and will never violate any federal laws, right? Ole honest george, he's never lied.
But oh boy, he sure knew how to respond to acts of terrorism from Islamic fascists. What did he do? He bombed an aspirin factory. That sure made us safe, er until 9/11/2001 that is. But I guess that was all some conspiracy of G. W. and the neocons.
Good thing George has succeded in taking out bin Laden and al Qaeda, which Bill was totally incapable of doing. We are certainly safer now, and all the terrorists have been placated by our phenomenal and magnaminous foreign policy.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
What DC said. I have no issue with lying under oath if the question being asked is irrelevant and none of the questioner's business.

It's amazing how many people will castigate Clinton for lying, and ignore the fact that Bush has told plenty as well. And Bush's lies have killed a LOT more people. :sad:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
rob_just_rob said:
What DC said. I have no issue with lying under oath if the question being asked is irrelevant and none of the questioner's business.

It's amazing how many people will castigate Clinton for lying, and ignore the fact that Bush has told plenty as well. And Bush's lies have killed a LOT more people. :sad:

Actually the "i didn't have sexual relations with that woman" lie didn't kill anyone that i know of. The "we have proof of weapons of mass distruction in Iraq" lie is still killing people. Oh, but Bush wasn't under oath when he told that lie, so it's OK.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
rob_just_rob said:

Actually in all fairness it was Clinton's lie which led to his inability to see to his governmental functions as President, in large part due to his continued need to perpetuate his lie which has led to all the killings. Don't you ever watch Fox News?