Bush on torture 2006

coopturn

Expert Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
Old news, doll. The "impeached for a blowjob" is hyperbolic and satiric. We aren't idiots, we know what happened. Funny that when he told that lie under oath, the special investigator was tasked with investigating his ties to the Whitewater land deals, not investigating his sex life. No one has explained that one for me yet.Quite unlike George, who has never and will never violate any federal laws, right? Ole honest george, he's never lied.Good thing George has succeded in taking out bin Laden and al Qaeda, which Bill was totally incapable of doing. We are certainly safer now, and all the terrorists have been placated by our phenomenal and magnaminous foreign policy.

Yes, exactly. We are safer in this country. No terrorist acts in this country since 11 September 2001. Kind of hard to take out bin Laden when he's hiding in Pakistan which maintains its sovereignty and won't allow foreign troops on their soil. Meanwhile, slick Willie had plenty of chances to get rid of the guy and he failed for 8 years running. Not surprising for a failed presidency with a feckless foreign policy.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
coopturn said:
Yes, exactly. We are safer in this country.

uhm, ya, I guess you could also say the citizens of New Orleans are safer from hurricanes now.

coopturn said:
Kind of hard to take out bin Laden when he's hiding in Pakistan which maintains its sovereignty and won't allow foreign troops on their soil.

Since when did the "sovereignety" of third world nations' borders ever deter the U.S. from doing what it wanted, by hook or by crook?

coopturn said:
Meanwhile, slick Willie had plenty of chances to get rid of the guy and he failed for 8 years running.

Like at Tora Bora?

coopturn said:
Not surprising for a failed presidency with a feckless foreign policy.

In 2004 Dick Cheney warned us if we elected the wrong candidate, Islamic terrorists would be emboldened. Looks like he was right.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
ManiacalMadMan said:
Actually in all fairness it was Clinton's lie which led to his inability to see to his governmental functions as President, in large part due to his continued need to perpetuate his lie which has led to all the killings. Don't you ever watch Fox News?

Yeah, I can see how the Republican apologists can fault Clinton for the attacks, due to his paying too much attention to the unwarranted attacks on him by Starr et al, which were egged on by Republicans and their apologists. :rolleyes: I can't quite see how they can do that with a straight face, though.

I don't need to watch Fox News - my cable company has provided me with an acceptable substitute in the Comedy Channel.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SpeedoGuy said:
uhm, ya, I guess you could also say the citizens of New Orleans are safer from hurricanes now.
Come on, SG, don't play those neo-con games of diversion and obfuscation. Let's keep this relatively on-topic with terrorists and torture.
SpeedoGuy said:
Since when did the "sovereignety" of third world nations' borders ever deter the U.S. from doing what it wanted, by hook or by crook?
Read the newspaper. Iraq? Oh, wait a minute, they never did "maintain their sovereignty, did they?
SpeedoGuy said:
Like at Tora Bora?
I absolutely MUST see if I can dig through some old newspapers and the Congressional Record to see what remains of the concensus of thought was when Mr. Clinton was president... or at least what they chose to actually put in the CR, whether accurate or not. Weren't the repubs at the time urging Mr. Clinton to continue and escalate his "hunt for bin Laden?" Weren't they urging Mr. Starr to stay on track and focus on the land deals and not the sexual escapades, so that the president could focus on the foreign policy issues at hand? Of course they were. Republican politicians are honest and altruistic, democrat politicians are all greedy traitors.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have no part in your dicscussions on your morality as a Nation, however wayback someone asked what this issue makes the rest of the world think about the US.

To this question, I would answer that it is just more evidence (if any were needed) that there is no higher law than US interests.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
coopturn said:
Yes, exactly. We are safer in this country.

Um, try to keep up here. Apparently you missed the link Tripod posted on the last page. Here, I'll help you out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/world/middleeast/24terror.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

16 government agencies disagree with you about our safety.

No terrorist acts in this country since 11 September 2001.

Um, none before either. :rolleyes:

Kind of hard to take out bin Laden when he's hiding in Pakistan which maintains its sovereignty and won't allow foreign troops on their soil.

Equally hard when we're not even trying.

Meanwhile, slick Willie had plenty of chances to get rid of the guy and he failed for 8 years running.

Did slick Willie have the House and Senate there to approve his every move? No. Did slick Willie have the opportunity to concentrate his attention on running the country? No, his time was taken up in civil trials which turned unbelievably tawdry when NOTHING could be proven about Whitewater. MOST Americans didn't give a fuck about his blowjobs, that was a construct of the "liberal" press. Are you really suggesting that Clinton could have possibly gotten the approval of the American people back then, under his demonised status as blowjob recipient, to "take out" Bin Laden? Sir, you amuse me, but not that much.

Not surprising for a failed presidency with a feckless foreign policy.

Oh yeah, this one's so much better. So reassuring to know that morons like you make up the majority of our country, we are all doomed. I'm overwhelmed with joy to know that the "moral majority" don't mind much about murder and torture (OUR people are dying there too) as long as their passion is being funneled into the "right" cause. Time for the kid gloves to come off. You who wince at strong language but condone war are about to get a rude awakening. Murder is worse for our nation, worse for our international standing, worse for our safety than saying fuck. Lying about issues that led us into this unholy war are worse than lying about getting a hummer, but your delicate sensibilities were offended on that one, weren't they? I'm so disgusted by our infantile, ignorant, weak minded, ineffectual huddled masses having hijacked our whole government just because the likes of Karl Rove (that true icon of moral servitude) was clever enough to craft a cause they could support. I guess you're really showing us baby killing fag lovers who's boss right? Jesus will be so proud.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
Shelby, you still have not told me exactly what you meant by these quotes. I'm still waiting. I really don't want to respond before I'm really quite certain.I wonder which is the moral high ground... committing atrocities and publicizing them, or committing atrocities and hiding them and lying about them.
DC_DEEP -

I am too busy to properly respond. In a nutshell, I think the critics of the current administration are over the top.

Mistakes have been made. It's a given in an endeavor of this sort.

I choose to believe that decisions have been made, rightly or wrongly, in what they think is our mutual best interest.

I know most of you disagree. I cherish your right to do so.