Bush Orders: Find bin Laden Dead or Alive

President George W Bush has enlisted British special forces in a final attempt to capture Osama Bin Laden before he leaves the White House.

Defence and intelligence sources in Washington and London confirmed that a renewed hunt was on for the leader of the September 11 attacks. “If he [Bush] can say he has killed Saddam Hussein and captured Bin Laden, he can claim to have left the world a safer place,” said a US intelligence source.

The Special Boat Service (SBS) and the Special Reconnaissance Regiment have been taking part in the US-led operations to capture Bin Laden in the wild frontier region of northern Pakistan. It is the first time they have operated across the Afghan border on a regular basis.

The hunt was “completely sanctioned” by the Pakistani government, according to a UK special forces source. It involves the use of Predator and Reaper unmanned aerial vehicles fitted with Hellfire missiles that can be used to take out specific terrorist targets.

Intelligence on the whereabouts of Bin Laden is sketchy, but some analysts believe he is in the Bajaur tribal zone in northwest Pakistan. He has evaded capture for nearly seven years. “Bush is swinging for the fences in the hope of scoring a home run,” said an intelligence source, using a baseball metaphor.

A Pentagon source said US forces were rolling up Al-Qaeda’s network in Pakistan in the hope of pushing Bin Laden towards the Afghan border, where the US military and bombers with guided missiles were lying in wait. “They are prepping for a major battle,” he said.

The main operations in Pakistan are being undertaken by Delta, the US army special operations unit, and the British SBS.

Special forces are being sent to capture or kill Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters based on intelligence provided by the Special Reconnaissance Regiment and its US counterpart, the Security Co-ordination Detachment.
-Times
I first that and wondered why this hasn't been done before? Shouldn't Bush have been trying to do this all along? Or is he still the man who claims, "I don't think about him [bin Laden] much?"

Then it occurred to me that perhaps sending the Special Boat Services to a landlocked nation probably wasn't the best idea since Teddy Roosevelt's people invited the Secretary of the Swiss Navy to attend his inauguration. Are the SBS like the SEALs? I know a good deal about the SAS as they're the people who nearly shot me in Northern Ireland, but know very little about the SBS.

While I want to see bin Laden unleashed to a crowd of 9/11 survivors in Times Square, I wonder why we haven't have been searching this zealously all along and I suspect, with the most disdain in my mind for even thinking it, if this isn't a political ploy that's been planned for some time to coincide with Bush leaving office. If it is, then my contempt for Bush and his cronies has just descended past anything I thought possible.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I first that and wondered why this hasn't been done before? Shouldn't Bush have been trying to do this all along? Or is he still the man who claims, "I don't think about him [bin Laden] much?"

Then it occurred to me that perhaps sending the Special Boat Services to a landlocked nation probably wasn't the best idea since Teddy Roosevelt's people invited the Secretary of the Swiss Navy to attend his inauguration. Are the SBS like the SEALs? I know a good deal about the SAS as they're the people who nearly shot me in Northern Ireland, but know very little about the SBS.

While I want to see bin Laden unleashed to a crowd of 9/11 survivors in Times Square, I wonder why we haven't have been searching this zealously all along and I suspect, with the most disdain in my mind for even thinking it, if this isn't a political ploy that's been planned for some time to coincide with Bush leaving office. If it is, then my contempt for Bush and his cronies has just descended past anything I thought possible.

I wondered about that SBS thing too. I've never heard of them before. Have they not noticed every video that bin Laden sends out is from a cave or perhaps basement bunker type tv studio. What makes them think he is adrift at sea after all these years? :confused: Why not call out Scotland Yard and Deputy Dawg while he's at it?

I have no doubt that they will miracuously 'find' Osama bin Laden just in time to make Mc Cain look like an ideal President. Just like they did with the hostages in Iran back in 1980. The republicans brokered the deal so that they would be released after Carter left office. Thereby making it appear that Reagan had brought our people home.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if this isn't a political ploy that's been planned for some time to coincide with Bush leaving office. If it is, then my contempt for Bush and his cronies has just descended past anything I thought possible.
I have no doubt that they will miracuously 'find' Osama bin Laden just in time to make Mc Cain look like an ideal President.
I'm completely convinced this is precisely the agenda that's been planned all along....and, in fact, I've been calling this one at least as far back as Saddam's capture. Time will tell...

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You mean he's still in Pakistan? And all this time I thought Osama was sharing an apartment with Manual Noriega in Miami Beach.

Why doesn't the Pres just get his dad or James Baker to put a call into their friend Shafig bin Laden? I'm sure old Shafig must stay in touch with his little bro.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm completely convinced this is precisely the agenda that's been planned all along....and, in fact, I've been calling this one at least as far back as Saddam's capture. Time will tell...

LOL, so that's why the French soldiers wasn't allowed to catch or kill him. Bin Laden has been sighted by the French more than once, but every time they have been ordered to leave him alone by the US commanders.

You mean he's still in Pakistan? And all this time I thought Osama was sharing an apartment with Manual Noriega in Miami Beach.

My thought as well... I bet he's been enjoying life in the US for years - or perhaps on an luxury island of his choice.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Well - it's been rather handy having the 'bogeyman' out there in the big wide world for the last 7 years. Think of the all wonderful things the Department of Homeland Security has been able to do to protect Americans, indeed the world, from him. But now it looks better to catch him.

Anyone who doesn't understand why British special forces are the best choice for a Pakistan based operation really doesn't know much about military or political history.

I hope Bin Laden stays hidden til Obama is Commander in Chief - but my intuition tells me this main be a vain hope.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, George Bush is really guilty of all the allegedly wacky conspiracies the lunatic-fringe on the left accuse him of so I will let you all in on a little-known secret = you are correct; we have been working with Osama the whole time!

We fixed him up with a beautiful luxury cave in the mountains of Pakistan complete with air-conditioning, running water and a toilet with a solid gold seat for his admirable efforts. Oh yeah, and Bush along with his “oil buddies” built a special pipeline up to the cave so Osama can drink all of the oil he wants complements of George Bush! As a special favor Tony Blair even stole some crystal from the queen for Osama to drink his oil out of!

I will let you all in on some more secrets soon so you can put all of those that see you as nothing more than the far side of the lunatic-fringe in their place for a change!

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is so flashback from seven years ago.

Yes, George Bush is really guilty of all the allegedly wacky conspiracies the lunatic-fringe on the left accuse him of so I will let you all in on a little-known secret = you are correct; we have been working with Osama the whole time!

We fixed him up with a beautiful luxury cave in the mountains of Pakistan complete with air-conditioning, running water and a toilet with a solid gold seat for his admirable efforts. Oh yeah, and Bush along with his “oil buddies” built a special pipeline up to the cave so Osama can drink all of the oil he wants complements of George Bush! As a special favor Tony Blair even stole some crystal from the queen for Osama to drink his oil out of!

I will let you all in on some more secrets soon so you can put all of those that see you as nothing more than the far side of the lunatic-fringe in their place for a change!
Fact remains, Bush & Co. failed to find Bin Laden and basically declared him a non-issue. To capture him now is nothing more than a trophy - and as insignificant and pointless as the pictures of Saddam in panties or his execution.

The fight against terrorists, or sub national groups, which operate outside of any central control, is the issue. Resources should be going towards finding a way to combat them before regressing to the impotent Bin Laden. :smile:

Somewhere Donald Snow and other scholars of the WoT are scratching their heads and asking 'what the fuck is going on, do we have priorities?'.

Last edited:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This is so flashback from seven years ago.

Fact remains, Bush & Co. failed to find Bin Laden and basically declared him a non-issue. To capture him now is nothing more than a trophy - and as insignificant and pointless as the pictures of Saddam in panties or his execution.

The fight against terrorists, or sub national groups, which operate outside of any central control, is the issue. Resources should be going towards finding a way to combat them before regressing to the impotent Bin Laden. :smile:

Somewhere Donald Snow and other scholars of the WoT are scratching their heads and asking 'what the fuck is going on, do we have priorities?'.

We shouldn’t be so quick to conclude anything here; we may well know exactly where he is at and have known all along using him for gathering intelligence. Leaving Osama in place all this time could easily have netted the location of thousands of his “friends” worldwide.

This latest announcement (if it is true) could be another in a long line of similar announcements that stir up a beehive of communication activity amongst the religious wacko’s allowing our guys to know where to aim the next artillery barrage.

LOL, so that's why the French soldiers wasn't allowed to catch or kill him. Bin Laden has been sighted by the French more than once, but every time they have been ordered to leave him alone by the US commanders.

My thought as well... I bet he's been enjoying life in the US for years - or perhaps on an luxury island of his choice.

Not in the US. He's too recognizable.

Where did you hear or read about the French being told to leave him alone? Do you have any citations?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Not in the US. He's too recognizable.

You think? You think he's not capable of shaving and wearing a suit? Or perhaps jeans and sneakers? Bollocks would anyone recognise him - he'd get looked through just 90% of other foreign looking types. Cept maybe at airports - but I rather suspect when he travels he does so on an Indian, or perhaps even Israeli*, passport. That's if he hasn't bought a US passport, of course.

* No - I would not put it past him.

Where did you hear or read about the French being told to leave him alone? Do you have any citations?

I was wondering the same.

But hey, if the French did see him and wanted to engage it'd only be to surrender :rolleyes::wink:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wouldn't know why the French would sit around and wait to contact the US and ask permission to take this guy down. That alone don't make any sense. So much freaking bullcrap you can't believe a thing anymore.