Bush Orders: Find bin Laden Dead or Alive

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Officially the US ordered the Afghan airspace closed as of September 16th. However planes were ordered south of the Afghan airspace from the 10th. I was flying Copenhagen - Bangkok on the 10th, so I have experienced it, not knowing why until the next day. There are some 100+ international flights passing the Afghan airspace every day - ask any pilot in a major European airline - they will tell you.

I actually have never googled for this - will do and get back with links. Geez, I've searched so much on 9/11, never considered this info to be new before. I just considered it common knowledge.

You never do any research...you just flap your lips and don't care about the lies or errors you post

The TALIBAN ordered the closure of Afghan airspace to commercial flights, on Septmeber the 16th not the United States. The United States cannot "order" a nation to shut down its airspace to commercial flights. Afghanistan controlled its own airspace, and after shut down, obviously the US positioned itself for a coming military operation

Wide Angle. Printable Pages | PBS

you neglected to mention that the Taliban itself threatened to close Agrhan airspace to commercial airlines on August 30th 2001

Taliban threaten to close Afghanistan's airspace | Airline Industry Information | Find Articles at BNET.com

aside from the fact that the Taliban's aircraft was bombing residential areas in Khuram on September 10th, (that was the reason for the September 10th closure, to insure safety of commercial airliners and it was not U.S. "ordered")

why wouldn't it then make sense for the US to take control of Afghan airspace, after September 16th, when the Taliban closed it since it was going after terrorist groups located in that country after September 16th?

The neighboring nations each beefed up its military presence along the 1,500-mile border. And the Taliban closed their airspace to all international flights, forcing the 110 flights a day that normally fly over Afghanistan to take alternative paths.

Taliban Leader to Let Islamic Council Decide Whether to Hand over Bin Laden

Afghanistan closed its airspace to all international airlines, warning that it would ''take action'' against any aircraft defying the order. About 110 flights a day normally fly over Afghanistan.

A NATION CHALLENGED: LAST CHANCE; Taliban Refuse Quick Decision Over bin Laden - New York Times

the only american "orders" prior to September 11th were issued by the U.S. FAA, which prohibited U.S. based air carriers

In 1994 the U.S. Federal Aviation Association issued a Special Federal Aviation Regulation that prohibited American aviators from flying within the territorial airspace of Afghanistan. In the regulation, it was explained that certain factions in the ongoing Afghan civil war had intentionally targeted civil aircraft. The regulation was extended each year through 2000.

That did not extend to the air carriers of other nations.

or did you get your info from a 9/11 conspiracy site?

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You never do any research...you just flap your lips and don't care about the lies or errors you post

OK - let's check the facts.

The TALIBAN ordered the closure of Afghan airspace to commercial flights, on Septmeber the 16th not the United States. The United States cannot "order" a nation to shut down its airspace to commercial flights.
Hey, don't take my word for it - the best source for whether it was the USAF or not would be the USAF - https://research.maxwell.af.mil/papers/ay2005/acsc/6244%20-%20Grogan.pdf or http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...ber&hl=da&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=dk&client=firefox-a. Check page 9.

"U.S. officials, in coordination with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) effective 16 September 2001 effectively closing Afghani airspace to all civil traffic."

did you get your info from a 9/11 conspiracy site?

Nope - on the 10th, I was doing my job some 30.000 feet over Afghanistan. When we had passed Herat, we were "nicely asked" to get our butt out of there and take the Southern route.

So let's check the facts.

You "check" your "research". I talk from experience.

Your "facts" are wrong. My facts are confirmed by the USAF.

Now, who is lying and flapping lips...

Last edited: