Bush says war in Iraq on its way to being won by 2011

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good, only 2 more years of wasting billions of dollars a month, wild goose chases, and making enemies.

I call those traits Federal Government. It'll go on long after Iraq is over.

Honestly I buy the 2011 date, but really it's just an attempt to convince Obama to stick it out by offering some nice nearby time as a carrot.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
"Join the US Armed Forces. Learn new languages. Meet interesting new people. Go to their countries and kill them." That used to be my favorite bumper sticker from the Viet Nam years. I also had a poster in my bedroom that advertised "Ski Viet Nam!" with a photo shot of some guy in shorts and skis catching air in front of some palm trees.

War is simply wrong. No one wins. Never.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What exactly did we 'win' again?

Don't be silly...

Bush's war stopped terrorism completely. Terrorists the world over are now really really afraid of the US and have gone back to playing sudoku in their caves.

Bush's war has made Iraq a peaceful fun democratic country, that is now the number one travel destination in the world.

Bush's war has avenged what happened during 9/11 and ensured that everyone who had a part in that tragedy has been brought to justice.

Bush's war has totally justified launching a preemptive war against a country who didn't attack the US.

Bush's war proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iraq had pesky weapons of mass destruction that they were about to use against the US any day now and but for the war, we would all be dead.

Bush's war miraculously avoided civilian casualties in Iraq and focused on just killing all the bad guys, the really bad ones, who are just nasty.

Bush's war was completely funded by profits from the oil that the war liberated from said bad guys and didn't cost the American taxpayer a dime.

Bush's war solidified Bush's standing as America's most popular and most strategic president ever. Any day now he'll be getting his Nobel Peace Prize.

Bush's war had made all Americans feel supremely safe with the comfort that no terrorists will ever try to attack America again.

Bush's war totally justified torture, bring it back into the mainstream. No longer will the torture of enemies be in the hands of terrorists and dictators, now the US has the proud honor of torturing people and holding them indefinitely without trials or evidence.

Bush's war...Mission Accomplished!

40oz.2freedom

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama is considering not pulling out of Iraq until 2011..I think he is finally realizing the surge has worked and attacks are at an all time low.Now that he has the shared intellegence with the president,he now knows what is happening.NO civilian has a right too say the war is wrong.You do not know what's really going on behind the scenes.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama is considering not pulling out of Iraq until 2011..I think he is finally realizing the surge has worked and attacks are at an all time low.Now that he has the shared intellegence with the president,he now knows what is happening.NO civilian has a right too say the war is wrong.You do not know what's really going on behind the scenes.

That's crazy fascist talk. ANY citizen has the right to say war is wrong and has the right to not go along with idiotic wars of aggression. This is a war moulded in exactly the same way as Vietnam. Never meant to be won, only prolonged.

The surge is working/has worked? You're kdding right?

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media

I'm a Vet and I claim bunk, for those that have read my posts know I've never said that Iraq was a good thing.

I was pulled out of Afghanistan and dropped in Iraq, the Iraq war I think was coming regardless, personal opinion nothing more. However going before we buttoned up Afghanistan was a huge mistake. We weren't ready, and Mr. SH wasn't going anywhere soon, if we were allowed to finish the job in Afghanistan, we could have handled Iraq a lot differently.

And don't pull the "intel" card with me. It was my job to know things before the politicans.

40oz.2freedom

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's almost as if people forget there is a threat until it happens.Recently...Mumbai is a perfect example.Pakistan based terrorist group responsible for that.It's not just taliban or al qaeda,but many groups.If this job is not finished,we WILL see short term and long term effects of that decision.Obviously you cannot get that through your thick headed skulls.So i guess history will have to teach us a lesson......again.

You make a good point about not securing afghanistan first,we did not have the firepower or the funding for both at the time.Shit,imo our armed forces still do not have the resources they need for the job.Im based at Macdill AFB(CENTCOM) at the moment.Soon to be deploying.

D

deleted15807

.NO civilian has a right too say the war is wrong.You do not know what's really going on behind the scenes.

A citizen has no right to question the war? Have you read the Consitution lately? Who does have 'the right' to question the war then?

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
It's almost as if people forget there is a threat until it happens.Recently...Mumbai is a perfect example.Pakistan based terrorist group responsible for that.It's not just taliban or al qaeda,but many groups.If this job is not finished,we WILL see short term and long term effects of that decision.Obviously you cannot get that through your thick headed skulls.So i guess history will have to teach us a lesson......again.

You make a good point about not securing afghanistan first,we did not have the firepower or the funding for both at the time.Shit,imo our armed forces still do not have the resources they need for the job.Im based at Macdill AFB(CENTCOM) at the moment.Soon to be deploying.

So how did going into Iraq help?

D

deleted136887

handled Iraq a lot differently.

And don't pull the "intel" card with me. It was my job to know things before the politicans.

you obviously know a lot more than us mere mortals, who allways thought bush was a cunt. So now you must know a lot more than us still. The fact is, and was that bush was an arsehole, the people behind him were money-grabbing opertunists, they duped the US public into supporting war (WMD?????WTF is that???? )did you know where the weapons were?
OHH I forgot it was your job to know more than the average ignorant joe soap. So have you found them?Hans Blix did not!
Have a happy live in lalaland, wartrac.
:eek:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, Bush says three more years; McCain says 10,000 years. I was told recently that you have to average the high and the low estimates, because apparently if you use your critical thinking skills to choose one over the other, you're a liar. On behalf of the fifty-three-and-a-half states in the Union, I'm looking forward to peace in the year 7010.

I'd rather believe, though, that we'll be out sooner than later, because (among other reasons) the war is bankrupting us.