Bush snubs NAACP again.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tender,

Bottom line, there is no evidence of any kind that getting blowjobs causes long term brain damage, whereas substance abuse does! You don't think it's relevant that our President may not have both oars in the water, well I'm not surprised! Not important that he snubbed the NAACP?? He is an elected official who represents the WHOLE country, not just white people or the people who like him!! His personal choice? He lost that right when he took office (and "took" is the operative word!). You weren't even able to pick up on the fact that he was in fact going to be in that city the day he was invited, even though it was posted earlier on this same thread. Thanks for all the further demonstrations of ignorance, it is truly enlightening. For someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about, you sure talk plenty.

Gaydar doesn't relate to products a person buys, but a lifestyle they engage in. Sometimes people who sppend time in and around that environment can pick up on when someone else is of similar mind. Same applies to people who have undergone the recovery process, we can tell when someone else has done the work it takes to get through it. I feel certain you understood what I meant, this time you were being ignorant on purpose.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mme..

Thanks for the explanation of Gaydar. So it is like radar honed in on the gay lifestyle?

jay

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jay_too@Jul 11 2004, 11:43 PM
mindseye..

Do you really think Dubya has the intelligence and emotional maturity to understand the basic concept of representative democracy, constituency. Jeez Dude, it has more than three syllables.

jay

I object to the oft-repeated assumption that President Bush is stupid. Ignorant? Yes, in a lot of ways. Stubborn? Definitely. But not stupid. To say he's an empty suit that's propped up by his handlers is to absolve him of responsibility for his administration's policies.

The NAACP thing is a purely symbolic gesture that points out what everyone in the world already knows: Bush is not going to get many black votes in November. Bush figures he will get enough white conservative votes to make up for it. The NAACP invites the president to speak every year, no matter which party the president belongs to and doesn't expect much from him anyway. So Bush will spend his time elsewhere.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aloofman, I only go by his presence and speeches. He does not present himself as a person of great intelligence to me, and that's not just because I don't happen to like him. He is famous for his speech "bloopers" which is unfortunate, knowing he has writers! Actual low IQ? I have no idea, but he isn't able to think fast on his feet, and that is a quality I would like my president to have. I do worry about his ability to keep up in conversation with foriegn leaders. I guess he also comes across as uncaring toward the disadvantaged, and I think that being unable to care about those in a different economic class than yourself is a certain kind of "stupidity", not being able to see bayond what affects him directly. That's probably what I disliked most about his snub of the NAAPC. Despite his unpopularity amoung minorities, it would have been good of him, manly of him to show up and at least make them feel like they are part of the contingency as a whole. By not even trying, it's like coming right out and saying "you don't matter to me", which is probably true. Oh yeah, I think prejudice is stupid too.

hung_uk

Just Browsing
Media
I'm British so you can tell me to mind my own business, but why the hell should President Bush attend a meeting of an organisation that loathes him and does its best to politically damage him? When the NAACP apologises for repeatedly comparing his government with the Nazis, he may contemplate giving them the time of day. Until then, he should tell them where to stick their invitation. I would.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by hung_uk@Jul 12 2004, 04:34 PM
When the NAACP apologises for repeatedly comparing his government with the Nazis
Please provide documentation for your assertion that the NAACP has repeatedly compared the Bush administration with the Nazis.

hung_uk

Just Browsing
Media
Julian Bond said this about the GOP: "Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and the Confederate swastika flying side-by-side." He also called the Bushies the "Taliban wing of the Republican party". I believe the NAACP also ran an ad suggesting that Bush's reelection would lead to more black church burnings but I don't know whether that is true.

The idea that Bush has any obligation to accept an invitation from this partisan demagogue masquerading as a minority leader is preposterous. He should tell him to F*** himself, like Cheney did to that Democrat senator.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by hung_uk@Jul 12 2004, 05:05 PM
Julian Bond said this about the GOP: "Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and the Confederate swastika flying side-by-side" He also called the Bushies the "Taliban wing of the Republican party". I believe the NAACP also ran an ad suggesting that Bush's reelection would lead to more black church burnings but I don't know whether that is true.

The idea that Bush has any obligation to accept an invitation from this partisan demagogue masquerading as a minority leader is preposterous. He should tell him to F*** himself, like Cheney did to that Democrat senator.
Okay. Neither of those quotes compare the Bush administration to Nazis. One compares them to the Taliban. The other quote:

"Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and the Confederate swastika flying side-by-side."

compares the Confederate flag (not the current administration) to the Nazi flag, as both are symbols of racial hatred. Certainly Bond was aware of the innuendo, but the comparison is not what you claim.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jul 12 2004, 08:47 AM
He does not present himself as a person of great intelligence to me, and that's not just because I don't happen to like him. He is famous for his speech "bloopers" which is unfortunate, knowing he has writers! Actual low IQ? I have no idea, but he isn't able to think fast on his feet, and that is a quality I would like my president to have.

I don't dispute those things. But being articulate and being intelligent are different things. A lot of smart people out there are poor speakers who jumble their words, so I don't think that's a good indicator.

The one thing that bothers me about Bush's personality more than anything else is that he seems uninterested in learning new things. He isn't curious about the rest of the world and people that are different from him. The idea of a president who thinks he knows all he needs to know is baffling and scary to me. I noticed this during the 2000 campaign and thought, "Just because of that, I can't vote for this guy."

Well, that and visiting Bob Jones University.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, Aloofman, I know what you mean there. Like I said, I can't guess if he actually IS stupid, just that he sounds like it a lot to me. Sure, he could have ADD or some other explaination for his inablility to speak, but in his position, it makes me nervous. I've also noticed his disinterest in learning, or looking at things from any new perspective. I see this as a sign of stunted maturity, which is only too often a sign of substance abuse not dealt with properly. I have about 1000 examples to look at in AA meetings. The few who do put in the effort really stand out in the crowd, the majority who don't repeat their innacurate thoughts over and over, much like Bush. I've never interviewed the man personally and don't claim to be a psychic, but from what I see and hear through the media, he is not someone I can put any faith in.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aloofman, I remain unconvinced. Verbal ability is one measure of education and intellect, mathmatical skill such as adding up the projected costs of Medicare reform is another, a lack of intellectual curiosity another, ability to analyze and make appropriate decisions is another [like the decisions that drove his two oil companies in the ground], yada, yada. . .

After 9/11 I hoped that Dubya would grow into the Presidency as Truman did. Unfortunately, he did not.

jay

hung_uk

Just Browsing
Media
Are people still chewing on this ridiculous "Bush is stoopid" canard? Just because the man obviously isn't comfortable speaking in public doesn't mean he isn't sharp. He excels away from the camera. The way Blair describes him in private ("on the ball", "really bright", etc) echoes what George Robertson, the former NATO Gen Sec, said about him privately - that he is the most impressive leader he has dealt with at international level, apart from Putin.

If Bush is as dumb as Bush-bashers believe, why does he keep succeeding in doing the things that they hate? It's not easy to get a massive tax cut passed in a fairly divided Congress when you have a weak mandate yourself. Same with the war. Clinton, the famed intellectual, couldn't even get his number one priority legislation (health care) to the House floor when he had a huge Democrat majority there.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by tracksuitboy+Jul 13 2004, 07:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracksuitboy @ Jul 13 2004, 07:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mindseye@Jul 10 2004, 09:45 PM
NAACP
Hey guys&#33; Not everyone on this board is a yankee&#33;

NAACP is? [/b][/quote]
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, from back before "colored people" became a swear word.

Jon (If you ever see anyone who&#39;s transparent, run&#33;)

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by hung_uk@Jul 13 2004, 03:09 PM
Are people still chewing on this ridiculous "Bush is stoopid" canard?
Eweeee...I am impressed using words just like the big boys. It is a shame you did not look it up before posting.

How about these canards?

Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.
Saddam Hussein supports al Queda.
This is a preemptive war.

jay

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by hung_uk@Jul 13 2004, 03:09 PM
The way Blair describes him in private ("on the ball", "really bright", etc) echoes what George Robertson, the former NATO Gen Sec, said about him privately - that he is the most impressive leader he has dealt with at international level, apart from Putin.

I have to confess that neither Blair nor Robertson tells me anything "privately." ;)

It is my impression that poodles adore their masters...good, bad or dumb.

jay

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lol, no Tender, because it&#39;s a well publicised fact&#33; Nevermind, we have nothing more to talk about and I, for one, am glad of that&#33;&#33;