Bush supporters who are gay?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by avalonlovelove, Aug 7, 2007.

?

What do people think of Bush?

1. He is a good president.

19.2%
  2. He has helped this country a lot.

3.8%
  3. He has brought this country down.

38.5%
  4. He should have been impeached after the mistakes of the war.

63.5%
  1. avalonlovelove

avalonlovelove New Member

Are there any gay guys or girls who support bush even though he is against gay marriage and acts like being gay is immoral and irresponsible?I can't stand him and I am a democrat also so that goes without saying doesn't it.:tongue: Does any one who is Bi or other consider him a good president?Is there any one who is gay who actually respects Bush and looks up to him.Like that old tootsie pop commercial:The World May Never Know!:biggrin1: :dunno: :yikes:please do not make a mountain out of a mole hill about this I urge everyone .I know politics are a very touchy area.I have a friend who is republican and we butt heads at times about that issue.Once again it is a question that I ponder nothing more nothing less.

2. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
  3. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

George Bush is an average President I like him and that he speaks his mind and stands up for what he believes in. While it is so that he is against gay marriage as something done like a man and a woman he has said he is not against civil unions of 2 men or 2 women. When it comes to his moral belief they are his and he is entitled to them and since he does not seem to be going after people and locking them up for being gay it could be said he is not as against gays as you say. George Bush has made more moves against womens rights on abortion than he has on gay issues.

4. Chuck64

Gold Member

I think you'll find plenty of Uncle Toms in every minority.

5. mindseye

Gold Member

In this case, I think we already have.

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yes, he is entitled to his opinions. That does not mean his opinions should be law. I'm entitled to my opinions, too, right? If it's his opinion that two men should not marry, that's fine, he should not marry a man. It isn't his right to tell me I cannot marry.
    Why yes, I do believe you are correct.

7. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

In a similar way it wasnt right then for former President Clinton to put in the don't ask don't tell garbage. Clinton was at least if not more anti-gay than Bush and proved it when he allowed that to go through. With George Bush at least he is honest enough to tell us what he believes he has not hidden in some twisted writings so he can look good.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

No arguments there. Clinton was a slimey son of a bitch for allowing "DOMA" to pass, especially after courting the gay vote. Bush is equally slimey for attempting to emasculate so many parts of the US Constitution due his "rulijiss buleefs."

Haha, you thought you were going to push my buttons with an off-topic Clinton jab, didn't you? WRONG!

9. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I wasn't trying to push any buttons I just thought maybe that would help explain why I am not as against George Bush as many gays are My point being that they both in their own ways have screwed the gays Bush just did it more openly.

10. joejack

joejack Active Member

Albums:
    Bush is a lying sack of shit. Lying is not an opinion. You taking this all down Gonzales? :mad:

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Ah, but you are leaving out one possibility - you don't have to cut either one any slack because of the shortcomings of the other. That's one of the reasons I'm really disgusted with the two-party system... hard-core party-liners on either side excuse the bad behavior of one person by pointing out the worse behavior of someone else. That just does not make sense to me.

12. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Don't ask, don't tell was the best compromise available. Clinton was a great President and we had the longest upturn in the economy with him. Yes he was a Puss Hound and got careless with his flings.

Bush will lead us into a recession if not depression spening billions of $$$ on a war with insurgents. Estimated to get as high as $2 Trillion.

I also think he is dim witted and stubborn.

13. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

He is going down as the WORST President in history.

14. witchway

witchway New Member

If not the worst, then certainly in the top 5!

15. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    You would be hard pressed to find a Brit that doesnt think he's an arse...

16. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

I have never been hardcore on a political party. In all cases I try and take every thing a candidate has and balance it as well as I can. Over time I have voted on Democratic tickets, Rebublican tickets, Independent and even Conservative and once Liberal. Clinton screwed a lot of people early on and then smiled about it George Bush screwed us and looked confused I am not happy about either man.

Back to the starting topic I still find George Bush to be an average President Nothing spectacular to set him above all the others and yet not so horrendous as to be at the bottom of the barrel.

17. fortiesfun

Gold Member

How about that he has the lowest approval rating of any president in modern history, and has managed to sustain it longer than any president has sustained his lowest score? By that reasonably objective standard he is absolutely the worst.

18. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's one way of looking at him but not mine.

Each time he speaks it becomes embarrasingly clear how vacuous he really is. As for standing up what he believes in, I can't fault someone for that. But GWB seems incapable of understanding that stubborness, inflexibility and singlemindedness will only get a leader of a democracy so far before they render him ineffective.

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Or the fact that most other presidents understood that executive orders are merely "serving suggestions" and not laws, but this president is working under the impression that he can legislate by EO? No other president in history, that I'm aware of, had less respect for the US Constitution... and no other has worked so hard to circumvent the Constitution by use of secret laws, secret courts, secret trials, and secret meetings.

He has been assured by his appointees and advisors that by proper manipulation, ANY law can be circumvented by the use of two key phrases: "national security" and "executive privilege." And so far, he seems to be succeeding.

20. TheBeast

TheBeast New Member

If Bush would have listened to his father (not surrounded himself by the likes of Rove, Cheney, wolfowitz, libby, rumsfeld) none of us would be debating this and he would have gone down as a great.

He blew things terribly after 9/11. Not even with afghanistan, nor Iraq. If Iraq would have been handled differently we wouldn't be talking about it right now. IMO when right after 9/11 and the speach "the rest of the world hears you" he had a mid 60s approval rating. Had he continued to gain international support, and not listen to cheney he would easily be in the mid 50s. Cheney is the one that is getting off easy in this whole ordeal. Rumsfield has already been ousted, and had his reputation ruined. Bush is a lame duck president and will go down with the ranks of Jimmy Carter. Libby has been convicted, and wolfowitz lost it all with the bank scandal. Cheney on the other hand has managed to stay hidden enough to take the blunt of the mistakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted