Bush & The Queen Joke

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: Ok this joke does imply use of The Four Letter Word That Must Not Be Used; but what the hell - it's a funny joke!

George Bush met The Queen, and he turns round and says:

"As I'm the President, I'm thinking of changing how the country is referred to, and I'm thinking that it should be a Kingdom".

To which the Queen replies, "I'm sorry Mr Bush, but to be a Kingdom, you have to have a King in charge - and you're not a King."

George Bush thought a while and then said: "How about a Pincipality then?", to which the Queen replied "Again, to be a Principality you have to be a Prince - and you're not a Prince, Mr Bush".

Bush thought long and hard and came up with "How about an Empire then?" The Queen, getting a little pissed off by now replied " Sorry again, Mr Bush, but to be an Empire you must have an Emperor in
    charge - and you are not an Emperor."

Before George Bush could utter another word, The Queen said: "I think you're doing quite nicely as a Country".

Oops sorry!  I received it in my email this morning and thought it was worth sharing.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Another example of a Brit joke that apparently has Brits the world over laughing their bollocks off.

As usual, it's gone high over this American's head.

Doesn't a 'country' need a count?  I'm lost.

Pecker

I've often wanted to drown my troubles but I can't get my wife to go swimming.

3. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1069401361;start=0#1 date=11/21/03 at 05:06:05]Another example of a Brit joke that apparently has Brits the world over laughing their bollocks off.

As usual, it's gone high over this American's head.

Doesn't a 'country' neet a count?  I'm lost.

Pecker

I've often wanted to drown my troubles but I can't get my wife to go swimming.

[/quote]

It's going over my head too. Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning, but I'm not getting it.

P.S. A count rules over a county, which we have many of in America despite a serious lack of counts.

4. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: same here,
    joke went in...joke went out...
    :D
    Tender

5. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: Oh come on people!!  Get a grip!!

Donk! No!  A count does not rule over anything.

The joke works better when you say it rather than read it!! Blimey, I just about give it away in my introduction to the joke!!

I don't want to explain it (yet!).  Follow the logic in the joke of shortening Kingdom, Principality.  And then shorten country.

And yes Pecks, it does have us laughing our bollocks off!

6. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Yes...it has to do with the fact that the O in COUNTRY is not pronounced when it is said...I got it! :D :D

7. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: Great joke, man -- I passed it on to my two best friends today, and they loved it, too. Thanks for making my day!

8. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: Got it the first time. Do I qualify as an honorary Brit? :D

SG

9. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I hereby knight you....Sir SpeedoGuy :D

10. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: (gulp)

Does this mean I have to pay U.S. and U.K. taxes?

SG

11. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Oh I don't know - last time I checked I was probably 5,493,483th in line for the Throne anyway - so my knighting has no power. :D

12. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: LOL Very very funny! I admit it took me a minute or two reciting the punch line but then.... WHAM!! It smacked me in the balls! (not that I'm into that or anything....)
    Very funny, I know I'll be plagerizing that one when I get to work...

13. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: [quote author=7x6+C link=board=99;num=1069401361;start=0#10 date=11/22/03 at 06:21:25]Oh I don't know - last time I checked I was probably 5,493,483th in line for the Throne anyway - so my knighting has no power.   :D[/quote]

I'm a little closer! My Great Aunt (isn't that an awful title!) is married to a cousin of the Queen Mother. Unfortunately that puts me at only 5,493,482 in line to the throne and doesn't give me any right to shag Prince William. Damn!

14. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: [quote author=SpeedoGuy link=board=99;num=1069401361;start=0#9 date=11/21/03 at 20:50:16]Does this mean I have to pay U.S. and U.K. taxes?
    [/quote]

Yes! Damn those Knighthoods!

15. Imported

Gold Member

mwellhouse: Oh My God Americans are slow - I'd sussed out the joke after reading the first line, combined with the warning about The Naughty Word. Congrats everyone for not actually using that word; I can't think of anything more offensive in the English language. Except perhaps garlic.

16. Imported

Gold Member

str8_nnj: .....???...your aunt is married to a cousin of the queens mother?...we have that sort of stuff happening all the time in the states,mostly the south,but it doesn't have anything to do with royalty... ;D

17. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: [quote author=mwellhouse link=board=99;num=1069401361;start=0#14 date=11/22/03 at 11:24:53]Congrats everyone for not actually using that word; I can't think of anything more offensive in the English language.  Except perhaps garlic.[/quote]
    Sir! Please!  Surely the words The Sun or Rupert Murdoch strike the most terror in to the heart?  Or pop idol, reality tv and, well, Tony!

18. Imported

Gold Member

mwellhouse: [quote author=tracksuitboy link=board=99;num=1069401361;start=0#16 date=11/23/03 at 00:28:51]
    Sir! Please!  Surely the words The Sun or Rupert Murdoch the most strike terror in to the heart?  Or pop idol, reality tv and, well, Tony![/quote]

Actually I think it may be "Posh n Becks" which would be a good synonym for the c*** word...

19. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

In order to be called "Sir", you have to have the British citizenship. Ronald Reagan was conferred the title of Knight, but he cannot be called (or styled) « Sir » because he is an American citizen.

The same with a cousin par alliance of my paternal great-grandfather, Roumania, KBE in 1919. No « Sir » for him when in UK.

PS - Tracksuitboy, ;D brilliant point : but words like The Sun or the biped called Rupert Murdoch strike no terror in my heart, but bring to me tons and tons and tons of disgust. :mad:

20. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: [quote author=mwellhouse link=board=99;num=1069401361;start=0#17 date=11/23/03 at 00:59:20]
    Actually I think it may be "Posh n Becks" which would be a good synonym for the c*** word...[/quote]
    Sir! Nay, Nay (and thrice Nay!). Insult his Imperial Godliness, Saint Becks of The Holy Right Foot? ? ? To the Tower I say and off with your head!!

(Mmm .. I think you're right about Posh though! Bitch from Hell!!).

Draft saved Draft deleted