Bush

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought the bush haters would love this pic.It is funny and speak a lot of truth in my opinion.:tongue:http://www.vvachapter458.org/Stupid People.jpg:18: Plus it is taken from one of my favorite movies.

Bush is not as dumb as most people would like him to be. Just because a President is an incompetent at running your country (or an oil company, or the Texas Rangers) and has, *at best*, shady connections and dealings does not automatically make him a dumbass...

At least, not academically so.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Bush is not as dumb as most people would like him to be. Just because a President is an incompetent at running your country (or an oil company, or the Texas Rangers) and has, *at best*, shady connections and dealings does not automatically make him a dumbass...
At least, not academically so.

Well, burns1e, where do those presidential IQs come from?
Andrew Johnson, for example, died in 1875, and it was only three decades later that Alfred Binet published the first IQ test.

I accept your point that Bush might actually be more intelligent than he appears to most people. But he could also be less intelligent than we assume.

Me? I'm struck by how much more intelligent he appeared in videos made during the early years of his time as Texas governor. He had not yet become quite the Good Ol' Boy he is now, and seemed more willing to let some intelligence show in his manner of speaking.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We've only got another year with Bush, so how about thinking/talking about the NEXT possible incumbent of the White House?

Or does everyone prefer to talk about old news?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, burns1e, where do those presidential IQs come from?

They're based on his SATs scores. If you search for it on Google, you'll find them.

Andrew Johnson, for example, died in 1875, and it was only three decades later that Alfred Binet published the first IQ test.

I accept your point that Bush might actually be more intelligent than he appears to most people. But he could also be less intelligent than we assume.

Me? I'm struck by how much more intelligent he appeared in videos made during the early years of his time as Texas governor. He had not yet become quite the Good Ol' Boy he is now, and seemed more willing to let some intelligence show in his manner of speaking.
I think it's mostly his manner of speaking that gets people thinking he's a moron - his accent, the way he pronounces 'nukular', his stance even, etc. I don't know how he manages that, but for a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he somehow manages to look like a lower-middle-class blue collar dude. That might be it.

Horny Alex

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Some people are dumb on purpose. I measure a man by the amount of money he can line his pockets with at others expense. I don't mind one bit taking dumb peoples money.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We've only got another year with Bush, so how about thinking/talking about the NEXT possible incumbent of the White House?

The policies of the Bush administration will stay with America for years, possibly DECADES to come, so I hardly think that talking about the man and his impact can be considered "old news".

As for the next prez: unless we're talking about Ron Paul, then it's pointless. :biggrin1:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The policies of the Bush administration will stay with America for years, possibly DECADES to come, so I hardly think that talking about the man and his impact can be considered "old news".

As for the next prez: unless we're talking about Ron Paul, then it's pointless. :biggrin1:

I know, I know. It's just that it's kind of pointless to Bush-bash when the "replacement choices" we have right now are so... well... WEIRD! It's my opinion, and something I worry about more.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't know how he manages that, but for a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he somehow manages to look like a lower-middle-class blue collar dude. That might be it.

That's a silver foot in his mouth.

Still, I don't quite believe he's actually quite as dumb as he appears. Or, at least, I hope he's not as dumb as he appears.

As for his appeal to lower-middle-class blue collar workers, that's a carefully calculated marketing ploy crafted to appeal to a base of voters who might otherwise be skeptical of a wealthy frat boy accustomed to travelling on private jets to exclusvie country clubs.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

We should be talking and taking action of Impeachment on a grand Scale.

Another year of this shit, and the US will be the next third world country.
The damage that was done is near Irreversable.

Why would we allow rats on a sinking ship to swim away with the cargo?

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Yeah, let's talk........Go Hillary Go! What do ya'll think about brother Mitt Romney's [5] five sons, none of which have never joined the armed forces of this country, all the while their good ole pop pushing this war, the war monger?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I thought the bush haters would love this pic.It is funny and speak a lot of truth in my opinion.:tongue:http://www.vvachapter458.org/Stupid People.jpg:18: Plus it is taken from one of my favorite movies.
I knew there was a reason that I like you.:smile:
Bush suffers from attention deficit disorder. People with this condition quite often have gaps in their intelligence. They may be brilliant in math and can't spell for instance. There are multiple intelligences. Obviously Bush has some degree of intelligence to gather people who do have the intelligence around him.

I read before he was elected that Bush isn't a ideological political person at all. He is about power and money and in his thinking, prestige.

speshk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The man is grossly unqualified for the job.

I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that my fellow Americans elected this simpleton.

BTW, a bumper sticker I like:

"Embarrassed yet?"

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

The damage that was done is near Irreversable.

Why would we allow rats on a sinking ship to swim away with the cargo?

Impeachment proceedings could be initiated, but given the party composition of the House and the Senate, the articles of impeachment might never make it out of the House, and I think conviction in the Senate is somebody's dream -- I do not know how much of a majority is needed in either chamber; checking quickly, these are not specified in the Constitution (Article 2, Section 4) -- I think for a Senate conviction it is 2/3 (if recalling correctly from Clinton)

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Obviously Bush has some degree of intelligence to gather people who do have the intelligence around him.

I'm not too impressed with the "intelligence" of the people around him either. I think that this administration demonstrates that intelligence can be severely hampered by rigid ideology. (or used in nasty ways; think Karl Rove)

Bush's most marked personality characteristic seems to be his rigidity

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bush is not as dumb as most people would like him to be. Just because a President is an incompetent at running your country (or an oil company, or the Texas Rangers) and has, *at best*, shady connections and dealings does not automatically make him a dumbass... At least, not academically so.
Anyone who has as much money at his disposal as he did and manages to run an oil company into the ground in TEXAS is not intelligent.

That's a silver foot in his mouth. :biggrin1:
Still, I don't quite believe he's actually quite as dumb as he appears. Or, at least, I hope he's not as dumb as he appears.

As for his appeal to lower-middle-class blue collar workers, that's a carefully calculated marketing ploy crafted to appeal to a base of voters who might otherwise be skeptical of a wealthy frat boy accustomed to travelling on private jets to exclusvie country clubs.
BINGO!!

The damage that was done is near Irreversable. Not quite, but if he were appointed to a third term I'd start to worry.

I knew there was a reason that I like you.:smile:
Bush suffers from attention deficit disorder. People with this condition quite often have gaps in their intelligence. They may be brilliant in math and can't spell for instance. There are multiple intelligences. Obviously Bush has some degree of intelligence to gather people who do have the intelligence around him. Actually, I believe his daddy chose his cabinet the first go round and GWB agreed because it seemed like a good idea.

I read before he was elected that Bush isn't a ideological political person at all. He is about power and money and in his thinking, prestige.[/quote] :biggrin1: Well those are just fine and dandy qualities to have in a president. :mad:

D

deleted136887

To people living outside the USA, he appears incredibly, unbelievably stupid. As for the people he surrounded himself with, like Rhhumsveld, Wolvewitz etc, they may have been powerfull and wise, but they led the president and the US public in a merry dance to hell(Iraq, Weapons of Mass Deception etc). The legacy of Bush&co's bad/stupid decisions are going to be an albatros around the neck of the US for decades to come.
Before Bush&co, The USA was seen mostly as some well-intentioned if sometimes misguided, gentle giant, and US soldiers were fair in their dealings with civilians and their captives. No more. Abu Gharib and Guantanomo Bay, rendition, torture etc has seen to that. The damage is much deeper than you'l ever see