Bushisms

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
BUSHISMS

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system" -- is how Bush described his administrations support of bailouts for AIG, Citigroup, General Motors.

"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." -- George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Oct. 20, 2008

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

"There's no question about it. Wall Street got drunk -- that's one of the reasons I asked you to turn off the TV cameras -- it got drunk and now it's got a hangover. The question is how long will it sober up and not try to do all these fancy financial instruments." --George W. Bush, speaking at a private fundraiser, Houston, Texas, July 18, 2008

"I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement: If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'" --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., July 15, 2008

"Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --George W. Bush, in parting words to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy at his final G-8 Summit, punching the air and grinning widely as the two leaders looked on in shock, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people." --George W. Bush, Charlottesville, Va., July 4, 2008

"Your eminence, you're looking good." --George W. Bush to Pope Benedict XVI, using the title for Catholic cardinals, rather than addressing him as "your holiness," Rome, June 13, 2008

"The German asparagus are fabulous." --George W. Bush, Meseberg, Germany, June 11, 2008

"And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." --George W. Bush, Mesa, Arizona, May 27, 2008

"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech." --George W. Bush, to Pope Benedict, Washington, D.C., April 15, 2008

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Larry the cable guy.......meets the White House.

Thank God i grew up "LIBERAL" enough to know the truth when i see and hear it.

You forgot the time he told Tony Blair that the problem with the French, is they have no word for 'entrepreneur'... :rolleyes:

[PS: No offense to any Americans btw - bit disrespectful to your ex-Pres. i know - quite like him really tho]

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Biden has racked up more gaffes in the last 8 months than Bush did for 8 years........no fucking way, that is not even possible.