Bush's Approval Rating Drops to New Low

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
PRINCETON, N.J. (Sept. 30) - According to a Sept. 26-27 USA Today/Gallup poll, just 27% of Americans approve of the job George W. Bush is doing as president, the lowest rating of his presidency.

The new personal low rating for Bush comes amid the financial crisis that has rocked Wall Street in recent weeks. Bush's approval rating has declined from 31% in the previous Gallup Poll, conducted before the crisis intensified with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers, the near-collapse of Merrill Lynch, and the federal government bailout of AIG. It is down 6 points from 33% just after the Republican National Convention early this month. Bush's previous low had been 28%, measured at several points earlier this year. (The most recent poll was conducted before the House of Representatives voted down a bill to address the problems on Monday.)

The timing of the decline strongly suggests that it is because of the financial crisis, and the government's largely unpopular response to it. In a separate question in the Sept. 26-27 poll, only 28% of Americans approved and 68% disapproved of Bush's response to the financial crisis -- the worst of six government leaders tested in the poll (although no leader received a majority positive response). While most Americans agreed that some type of government action is necessary to address the crisis, last week only a small minority seemed to favor passing a bill similar to the Bush administration's original proposal.

Republicans are mostly responsible for the further erosion in Bush's job rating. Sixty-four percent of Republicans approve of Bush, down from 71% in the prior poll. Independents' and Democrats' ratings are essentially the same as two weeks ago.
There has been an even sharper drop in Bush's ratings among self-identified conservatives, from 59% to 47%, likely reflecting opposition to the expansion of government involvement in the economy that the Bush administration proposed.
Bush's Long Losing Streak Continues.

Low approval ratings have become routine for Bush. He has not had an approval rating above 40% for over two years, and only a handful of ratings at or above 50% his entire second term in office. The low ratings throughout much of his second term have arguably been because of the unpopular war in Iraq. But as conditions for the United States in Iraq have improved in the past year, the economy has gotten much worse and has served as an anchor on Bush's ratings.

Bush has registered 28% approval ratings several times this year, in the spring and summer months as gas prices rose. His high rating for the year is only 34%.

The all-time low rating for any president is 22%, for Harry Truman in February 1952. Bush now joins Truman and Richard Nixon as the only presidents who have had approval ratings of 27% or lower in Gallup Polls.

Bush, like Truman, has the distinction of having some of the highest individual approval ratings in Gallup polling history and some of the lowest. That includes a record-high 90% approval rating for Bush just after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Truman recorded an 87% approval in 1945 just after V-E Day.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How about something more relevant like how you would fix the economy or just how serious this mess is...there are 2 threads for your opinions :grinning-smiley-003

Gosh my mistake. I didnt know every post here had to meet with your approval. lol :wank:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And your point is? :yawn:

It's a shame if you need to be explained what the OPs thread means.
Or was this sarcasm? Maybe you're one of the few who still think Bush is doing a good job? Maybe America is starting to realize who we really should be blaming for why our economy and everything else is so messed up right now?

Just an idea, of course... you know how us "liberals" tend to get. :rolleyes:

D

deleted15807

This proves that 28% of the American populace is indeed retarded.Something is seriously wrong with these people and their right to vote should indeed be suspended.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^ Yay democracy.

His approval rating now is actually lower than Mich Gov. Jennifer Granholm's worst. That's really impressive, if you think about it. I don't know about the social circles you all run in, but it takes a lot of work to be disapproved of by nearly 3/4 of the people who care to comment on you.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's no secret that the mere mention of George W. Bush's name in the waning weeks of his presidency is radioactive to members of both parties. When Nancy Pelosi dared utter his name on the floor of Congress, everyone dove for cover...except for that gay blade David Dreier (R).

George W. Bush is now officially less popular than Richard Milhous Nixon, Adolf Hilter, Attila the Hun and Vlad the Impaler. He may be less popular than Satan. I heard someone on progressive talk radio say that compared to George W. Bush, Herbert Hoover was a chief executive giant alongside Abraham Lincoln; a great endorsement for W's legacy.

But I just wonder if 40 years from now, when a lot of us are long retired and playing golf in Florida when another crises comes up, whether anybody is going to reflect back and think, "remember that bumbling dumb shit George Bush who screwed-up everything he touched? You know he wasn't so bad compared to President ******* we have now."

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can the president's approval rating go into the negative? heh?
Seriously, when Bush leaves office he might as well and eat a gun, he is the biggest fuck-up of all time, no one will want to talk to him, or buy any books he writes...pathetic.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gosh my mistake. I didnt know every post here had to meet with your approval. lol :wank:
Heavens no you don't need my approval :tongue: I just like to hear other people's opinions must be the curious part of me lol

Or was this sarcasm? Maybe you're one of the few who still think Bush is doing a good job? Maybe America is starting to realize who we really should be blaming for why our economy and everything else is so messed up right now?

Just being sarcastic about the obvious you know how us "conservatives" are :nana:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

This isn't surprising. You would be hard pressed to find good approval ratings in times of economic turmoil. Everybody needs somebody to blame in all times of crisis. If its a domestic problem - its the President and Congress. If its an atrocity against our country, like 9/11, then the approval ratings skyrocket.

Its like Bill Parcells one said, "When we win, the coach gets too much of the credit. When we lose, the coach gets too much of the blame."

I'm not exonerating Bush, but I truly can't wait until his term is over so that people can start blaming somebody other than this guy for everything including the weather and crowded city highways.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not exonerating Bush, but I truly can't wait until his term is over so that people can start blaming somebody other than this guy for everything including the weather and crowded city highways.

Tell me about it... I find Bush bashing absolutely boring and trite. Bush was just doing as he was told, I always found him funny and charismatic. I have nothing against compassionate conservatism and wish that his administration wasn't dominated by the so called war on terror and aid to the rich. He could have been a very good president.

Cheney is the piece of shit in the white house, not Bush.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tell me about it... I find Bush bashing absolutely boring and trite. Bush was just doing as he was told, I always found him funny and charismatic. I have nothing against compassionate conservatism and wish that his administration wasn't dominated by the so called war on terror and aid to the rich. He could have been a very good president.

Cheney is the piece of shit in the white house, not Bush.

What in the world will Bill Maher do after Bush's term is over? He won't have any more jokes or material. He and his neandrothal audience will have nothing to make jokes about.

Hopefully he can get enough momentum pitching his new Religulous book to eak out another season by making funny religious jokes.